Barstow cops are fucked!

No crime was commited, the officer admitted this fact, therefore the woman was within her rights to refuse giving her full details.

This is a universal problem and is not confined to the U.S.A.

Terry vs. Ohio. The cops can place you into investigative detention to investigate any possible crime. Reckless driving? Punching a window? Disturbing schools? All possible. Cop even said he didnt think there was a crime.

BUT...his job is to find out.

And by Terry vs Ohio...he can. And you must comply. They can use force to get compliance.

You cant just say the cop isnt investigating what I was just involved in and walk away.

When will people realize this???

She escalated it. The cop had the right to ask her name and she should have answered him. Being pregnant does not mean you don't have to obey the law. She put her own child at risk by being combative and contrary to what the drama queen said, there's nothing in that video that would indicate the cops were racist. Billo gets an F.

She escalated it. The cop had the right to ask her name and she should have answered him. Being pregnant does not mean you don't have to obey the law. She put her own child at risk by being combative and contrary to what the drama queen said, there's nothing in that video that would indicate the cops were racist. Billo gets an F.

Yup he sure does and the title "Fucking idiot."

I believe the scandal here is in the way the officer approached both women. He obviously treated the white woman with a level of respect not shown to the other woman.
Also it can't be the policy of the department to put a pregnant woman down on her belly to cuff her.

thread-fail-stamp.png

There is nothing racist here.
The insane woman escalated the minor incident into a whole other realm.
She is an idiot.

The Cop has the right to ASK your name. Unless you are under arrest you DON'T HAVE TO give your name.

Nope.
Wrong again.
The police have the right to ask your name, and ask for ID if they reasonably believe you are connected to a possible crime, and they are in the process of investigating that specific alleged crime. Failure to comply then gives them the right to detain you until they get your identification.

I believe the scandal here is in the way the officer approached both women. He obviously treated the white woman with a level of respect not shown to the other woman.
Also it can't be the policy of the department to put a pregnant woman down on her belly to cuff her.

The first women is the one who called the police.
Cops always initially side with the person who called for obvious reasons.
The second women obviously has warrants or she would have cooperated with the police

The Cop has the right to ASK your name. Unless you are under arrest you DON'T HAVE TO give your name.
Nope.
Wrong again.
The police have the right to ask your name, and ask for ID if they reasonably believe you are connected to a possible crime, and they are in the process of investigating that specific alleged crime. Failure to comply then gives them the right to detain you until they get your identification.
The Cop.
In the Video.
SAID.
There was No Damage.
He could see No Damage.
Therefore.
There was NO CRIME.
So.
The Cop can ASK for I.D.
But.
Cannot Arrest for Non Compliance.

Quickie from Wiki:
"Stop and identify" statutes are statute laws in the United States that authorize police[1] to legally obtain the identification of someone whom they reasonably suspect has committed a crime. If the person is not reasonably suspected of committing a crime, they are not required to provide identification, even in states with stop and identify statutes.
You know why it's STILL not required in States that have Stop and Identify Laws?

Because the State CANT write Laws that Trump the Constitution.

The second women obviously has warrants or she would have cooperated with the police
Because Americans are"Guilty Until Proven Innocent" right?

You, are gonna' LOVE the Police State that's coming.

The Black woman wasn't sure if the Cop could ask for I.D. but she was smart enough to call for help. Unlike MOST Americans.

Because Americans are"Guilty Until Proven Innocent" right?

You, are gonna' LOVE the Police State that's coming.

The Black woman wasn't sure if the Cop could ask for I.D. but she was smart enough to call for help. Unlike MOST Americans.

Yet she was dumb enough to resist over a simple matter that could have been handled with ease right there in the parking lot.
I promise you she isnt one of those "I know my rights" type. She has warrants and she didnt want them to run her name.

Americans aren't Guilty Until Proven Innocent. Americans have Rights whether THEY KNOW what they are or YOU know what they are. And it looks like you don't.

Forum List

Back