Barstow cops are fucked!

Americans aren't Guilty Until Proven Innocent. Americans have Rights whether THEY KNOW what they are or YOU know what they are. And it looks like you don't.
I suspect you, like me, are well over fifty years old. Because our orientation where police authority is concerned can easily get us into trouble by believing we have rights and protections which no longer exist. Little by little our protections against police intrusion into our privacy and interference with our freedom of movement have been eroded.

For example, I watch the tv "ride-along" reality documentary, COPS, as much as I can. I am frequently amazed to see a cop pull someone over, ask for ID, then ask where they are going and where have they been, if they have anything illegal in the car or on their person, then ask them to get out of the car, pat them down and ask if they can search the car.

Very often the subject of this kind of aggressive intrusion appears to be less than a sterling citizen but the fact remains if they can lawfully do that to him they can do it to me. Which means this America is different from the one I grew up in -- and I don't like the direction it is moving in.

For example, I watch the tv "ride-along" reality documentary, COPS, as much as I can. I am frequently amazed to see a cop pull someone over, ask for ID, then ask where they are going and where have they been, if they have anything illegal in the car or on their person, then ask them to get out of the car, pat them down and ask if they can search the car.

You do not have to answer those questions or consent to a search.

She was not a small female. And she was angry, thus adrenaline flowing.

You take a woman that size who is fighting back, you will have to use some pretty brute strength to get her under control.
I agree taking her down on her stomach was less than advisable, acting like a maniac and generally being a complete ass is just plain stupid.

Her fault 100% this happened.
If the cop was alone I would not argue with you. But I don't care how big and how angry that woman was, she is fat, pregnant, and wearing a dress. If those two cops were unable to pull her down on her ass, which neither of them needs to be a wrestler to know how, then they are in the wrong business.

If that Black woman's husband, or son or brother watches that video, can you blame him for wanting to attack those cops for their contemptuously careless action? Arresting her is one thing. Pulling her down on her belly is another.

This is the kind of thing that makes people want to throw bricks at cops -- or worse. The problem is it's likely that the cop who gets hit with a brick is the type who would think twice before handling the situation that way.

It's not what you do -- it's the way that you do it.

The Cop has the right to ASK your name. Unless you are under arrest you DON'T HAVE TO give your name.
Nope.
Wrong again.
The police have the right to ask your name, and ask for ID if they reasonably believe you are connected to a possible crime, and they are in the process of investigating that specific alleged crime. Failure to comply then gives them the right to detain you until they get your identification.
The Cop.
In the Video.
SAID.
There was No Damage.
He could see No Damage.
Therefore.
There was NO CRIME.
So.
The Cop can ASK for I.D.
But.
Cannot Arrest for Non Compliance.
Idiots abound in this forum. So many people dont know their rights.

She was not a small female. And she was angry, thus adrenaline flowing.

You take a woman that size who is fighting back, you will have to use some pretty brute strength to get her under control.
I agree taking her down on her stomach was less than advisable, acting like a maniac and generally being a complete ass is just plain stupid.

Her fault 100% this happened.
If the cop was alone I would not argue with you. But I don't care how big and how angry that woman was, she is fat, pregnant, and wearing a dress. If those two cops were unable to pull her down on her ass, which neither of them needs to be a wrestler to know how, then they are in the wrong business.

If that Black woman's husband, or son or brother watches that video, can you blame him for wanting to attack those cops for their contemptuously careless action? Arresting her is one thing. Pulling her down on her belly is another.

This is the kind of thing that makes people want to throw bricks at cops -- or worse. The problem is it's likely that the cop who gets hit with a brick is the type who would think twice before handling the situation that way.

It's not what you do -- it's the way that you do it.
Agree. Since there was no crime or damage committed. Good lord. Cop can just simply say, okay go back to your car and leave. What in the world asking an ID for? This is plain inhuman. They should be fired.

The Cop has the right to ASK your name. Unless you are under arrest you DON'T HAVE TO give your name.
Ignorance of the law (in your case here) is not an excuse. The officer was investigating a verbal complaint, in that instance the persons involved are required by law to comply with police requests/demands.

Really? Not unless the police officer has reasonable demand. '“Excuse me officer. Are you detaining me, or am I free to go?” If the officer says you’re free to go, leave immediately and don’t answer any more questions.'

When can police ask for ID?
When can police ask for ID - Flex Your Rights

The situation in the video was a she-said, she-said. He had NO FUCKING REASON to ask the black woman anything much less respond to the white whiny bitch's call.

Actually, you are required to identify yourself......in 22 states.
States with "stop and identify" laws
Alabama
Ala. Code §15-5-30
Arizona Ari. Rev. Stat. Tit. 13, §2412 (enacted 2005) & Tit. 28, §1595
Arkansas Ark. Code Ann. [1]§ 5-71-213 - Loitering
Colorado Colo. Rev. Stat. §16-3-103(1)
Delaware Del. Code Ann., Tit. 11, §§1902, 1321(6)
Florida Fla. Stat. §901.151 (Stop and Frisk Law); §856.021(2) (loitering and prowling)
Georgia Ga. Code Ann. §16-11-36(b) (loitering)
Illinois Ill. Comp. Stat., ch. 725, §5/107-14
Indiana Indiana Code §34-28-5-3.5
Kansas Kan. Stat. Ann. §22-2402(1)
Louisiana La. Code Crim. Proc. Ann., Art. 215.1(A); La. Rev. Stat. 14:108(B)(1)(c)
Missouri (Kansas City Only) Mo. Rev. Stat. §84.710(2)
Montana Mont. Code Ann. §46-5-401
Nebraska Neb. Rev. Stat. §29-829
Nevada Nev. Rev. Stat. §171.123
New Hampshire N.H. Rev. Stat. Ann. §594:2, §644:6
New Mexico N.M. Stat. Ann. §30-22-3
New York N.Y. Crim. Proc. Law §140.50
North Dakota N.D. Cent. Code §29-29-21 (PDF)
Ohio Ohio Rev. Code §2921.29 (enacted 2006)
Rhode Island R.I. Gen. Laws §12-7-1
Utah Utah Code Ann. §77-7-15
Vermont Vt. Stat. Ann., Tit. 24, §1983
Wisconsin Wis. Stat. §968.24
Stop and identify statutes - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
also, if one is operating a motor vehicle in or on any public roadway, public parking facility or any other public vehicular area and is stopped by the police, that person can be compelled to produce a driver's license, proof of registration and proof of insurance carriage for the vehicle.
In many states, producing or offering false identification is a crime and can subject the person to arrest.
Terry v. Ohio US Law LII Legal Information Institute
Hiibel v. Sixth Judicial District Court of Nevada Humboldt County The Oyez Project at IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law

Barstow is really redneck, too. You just go over the mountains west of L.A. into Lancaster, Victorville and central CA and it's fucking Alabama.

No crime was commited, the officer admitted this fact, therefore the woman was within her rights to refuse giving her full details.

This is a universal problem and is not confined to the U.S.A.
It really depends on the state one is in. 22 states require a person to produce identification or name and address when asked for said info by a law enforcement officer.

Actually, you are required to identify yourself......in 22 states.
States with "stop and identify" laws
Alabama
Ala. Code §15-5-30
Arizona Ari. Rev. Stat. Tit. 13, §2412 (enacted 2005) & Tit. 28, §1595
Arkansas Ark. Code Ann. [1]§ 5-71-213 - Loitering
Colorado Colo. Rev. Stat. §16-3-103(1)
Delaware Del. Code Ann., Tit. 11, §§1902, 1321(6)
Florida Fla. Stat. §901.151 (Stop and Frisk Law); §856.021(2) (loitering and prowling)
Georgia Ga. Code Ann. §16-11-36(b) (loitering)
Illinois Ill. Comp. Stat., ch. 725, §5/107-14
Indiana Indiana Code §34-28-5-3.5
Kansas Kan. Stat. Ann. §22-2402(1)
Louisiana La. Code Crim. Proc. Ann., Art. 215.1(A); La. Rev. Stat. 14:108(B)(1)(c)
Missouri (Kansas City Only) Mo. Rev. Stat. §84.710(2)
Montana Mont. Code Ann. §46-5-401
Nebraska Neb. Rev. Stat. §29-829
Nevada Nev. Rev. Stat. §171.123
New Hampshire N.H. Rev. Stat. Ann. §594:2, §644:6
New Mexico N.M. Stat. Ann. §30-22-3
New York N.Y. Crim. Proc. Law §140.50
North Dakota N.D. Cent. Code §29-29-21 (PDF)
Ohio Ohio Rev. Code §2921.29 (enacted 2006)
Rhode Island R.I. Gen. Laws §12-7-1
Utah Utah Code Ann. §77-7-15
Vermont Vt. Stat. Ann., Tit. 24, §1983
Wisconsin Wis. Stat. §968.24
Stop and identify statutes - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
also, if one is operating a motor vehicle in or on any public roadway, public parking facility or any other public vehicular area and is stopped by the police, that person can be compelled to produce a driver's license, proof of registration and proof of insurance carriage for the vehicle.
In many states, producing or offering false identification is a crime and can subject the person to arrest.
Terry v. Ohio US Law LII Legal Information Institute
Hiibel v. Sixth Judicial District Court of Nevada Humboldt County The Oyez Project at IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law

Just randomly selecting from your list, I chose Alabama, you total dumb-ass.

".....whom he reasonably suspects is committing, has committed or is about to commit a felony..."

Did the black woman seem like she had just committed a felony?

God, if it weren't for dumb you couldn't BREATHE you stupid redneck prick.

Dealing with blacks should no longer be a Cops job, call in animal control

Ignorance of the law (in your case here) is not an excuse. The officer was investigating a verbal complaint, in that instance the persons involved are required by law to comply with police requests/demands.

Really? Not unless the police officer has reasonable demand. '“Excuse me officer. Are you detaining me, or am I free to go?” If the officer says you’re free to go, leave immediately and don’t answer any more questions.'

The situation in the video was a she-said, she-said. He had NO FUCKING REASON to ask the black woman anything much less respond to the white whiny bitch's call.
Ahh, so you used as your source a left wing advocacy site.
Look, you may think you can defy the police and shove your perceived rights in their face, at the end of the day, if you create a problem, you can be charged with resist/obstruct/ affray.

Barstow is really redneck, too. You just go over the mountains west of L.A. into Lancaster, Victorville and central CA and it's fucking Alabama.
To you libs, the suburbs are 'redneck'....In any case where the citizens of any community not dominated by liberals, you consider it redneck...

Guess you missed the part where they were investigating a verbal complaint from the whiny white bitch, nice....... anymore asinine racial comments you'd like to make?
From your own link:

From here, ID laws only get more complicated. In Hiibel v. Sixth Judicial District Court of Nevada, the Supreme Court upheld state laws requiring citizens to reveal their identity when officers have reasonable suspicion to believe criminal activity may be taking place. Commonly known as “stop-and-identify” statutes, these laws permit police to arrest criminal suspects who refuse to identify themselves.

As of 2013, 24 states had stop-and-identify laws. Regardless of your state’s law, keep in mind that police can never compel you to identify yourself without reasonable suspicion to believe you’re involved in illegal activity.

That means the officers responding to a verbal complaint have to determine if a crime has been committed or not, hence (because of the complaint) the reasonable suspicion requirement has been met.
Know the law or suffer the consequences.

Nope.
Wrong again.
The police have the right to ask your name, and ask for ID if they reasonably believe you are connected to a possible crime, and they are in the process of investigating that specific alleged crime. Failure to comply then gives them the right to detain you until they get your identification.
Correct. Once the police officer has achieved the level of 'reasonable suspicio
Quickie from Wiki:
"Stop and identify" statutes are statute laws in the United States that authorize police[1] to legally obtain the identification of someone whom they reasonably suspect has committed a crime. If the person is not reasonably suspected of committing a crime, they are not required to provide identification, even in states with stop and identify statutes.
You know why it's STILL not required in States that have Stop and Identify Laws?

Because the State CANT write Laws that Trump the Constitution.

In
HIIBEL v. SIXTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT COURT OF NEVADA, HUMBOLDT COUNTY,
the court ruled that a law enforcement officer merely asking and receiving identification is not in violation of the 4th or 5th Amendments respectively

The cops were wrong. They always do that though to keep you talking. Know your rights. She did not have to give her name. I never do, when approached by police. They do not have the right to detain you either she should had been free to walk away. Unless the cop gives her a list of charges he is going to recommend and reason for the detainment, those cops are in trouble. Watch the video to see what she should had told the police.

Forum List

Back