Preacher tries to talk to his wife; Cops burst in and murder him in hail of gunfire!

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
WCSC

When will the murderous rampages by police stop. They're supposed to SERVE and protect. Instead....when a preacher tries to speak to his wife they burst in and murder him.

First, the fact the guy is a pastor does not mean he is a better human being than anyone else. Anyone can set themselves up as pious, but it does not mean they are.

This guy followed his wife into a shop of some kind, engaged her in some kind of confrontation, and pulled out a gun. What are the police supposed to do? Ignore the fact he has a gun....say, 'oh, he's a pastor, so he won't hurt anyone,' and then sit there and let him blow his wife, innocent bystanders and perhaps himself away?

He also made threats and pointed his gun at the police.

Of course they are going to 'drop' him so he cannot hurt anyone. He pulled a gun on his wife in a public place with innocent people around. Drop him so he can't hurt anyone: that's what they have to do.

From your link:

LANCASTER, SC (WBTV) - A pastor at a South Carolina church who was shot by deputies at a Lancaster business after what they are calling a domestic situation died at the hospital, according to the State Law Enforcement Division (SLED).

Officials with SLED said agents and crime scene investigators were called out to Carolina Corner, a business on the 3100 block of Charlotte Highway.

According to SLED, the incident started around when a woman went into the store, and her estranged husband went in after her a short time later. The two talked for a moment before the man pulled out a gun. The store owner then called 911.

Members of the New Harvest Free Will Baptist Church in Lancaster confirmed to WBTV that the man was their pastor, 60-year-old Darrell Morgan.

Deputies from the Lancaster County Sheriff's Office said when they arrived at the scene Morgan, who was in the doorway of the business, made threats and pointed his gun at them.

Two deputies fired and struck Morgan. It is not clear how many times he was hit. He was then rushed to an area hospital where he was later pronounced deceased. The Lancaster County Coroner's Office says an autopsy will be completed Friday.

"I seen what he was doing with the church," said Cliff Elledge, "Seemed like a great guy to me. I just hate that it happened."

Church members say the pastor and his wife recently separated, but they don't understand what sent him over the edge.

"He was a good guy," Elledge said. "We talked many times... he invited me to his church."

No one else was injured in the incident.

The two deputies are on administrative leave while SLED handles the investigation into the shooting.

This is a non-story and has nothing whatsoever to do with police brutality.

He is just more collateral damage, like little kids, in the right of anyone and everyone in American to own a firearm.

First, the fact the guy is a pastor does not mean he is a better human being than anyone else. Anyone can set themselves up as pious, but it does not mean they are.

This guy followed his wife into a shop of some kind, engaged her in some kind of confrontation, and pulled out a gun. What are the police supposed to do? Ignore the fact he has a gun....say, 'oh, he's a pastor, so he won't hurt anyone,' and then sit there and let him blow his wife, innocent bystanders and perhaps himself away?

Of course they are going to 'drop' him so he cannot hurt anyone. He pulled a gun on his wife in a public place with innocent people around. Drop him so he can't hurt anyone: that's what they have to do.

From your link:

LANCASTER, SC (WBTV) - A pastor at a South Carolina church who was shot by deputies at a Lancaster business after what they are calling a domestic situation died at the hospital, according to the State Law Enforcement Division (SLED).

Officials with SLED said agents and crime scene investigators were called out to Carolina Corner, a business on the 3100 block of Charlotte Highway.

According to SLED, the incident started around when a woman went into the store, and her estranged husband went in after her a short time later. The two talked for a moment before the man pulled out a gun. The store owner then called 911.

Members of the New Harvest Free Will Baptist Church in Lancaster confirmed to WBTV that the man was their pastor, 60-year-old Darrell Morgan.

Deputies from the Lancaster County Sheriff's Office said when they arrived at the scene Morgan, who was in the doorway of the business, made threats and pointed his gun at them.

Two deputies fired and struck Morgan. It is not clear how many times he was hit. He was then rushed to an area hospital where he was later pronounced deceased. The Lancaster County Coroner's Office says an autopsy will be completed Friday.

"I seen what he was doing with the church," said Cliff Elledge, "Seemed like a great guy to me. I just hate that it happened."

Church members say the pastor and his wife recently separated, but they don't understand what sent him over the edge.

"He was a good guy," Elledge said. "We talked many times... he invited me to his church."

The two deputies are on administrative leave while SLED handles the investigation into the shooting.

He is just more collateral damage, like little kids, in the right of anyone and everyone in American to own a firearm.

Yeah but they should've tried other means. They could've shot him in the knee or tazed him. They could've tried longer to talk him out. And how did they know he wasnt just mentally ill???

And theres no body cam video. Cops allege he pointed it. I bet they just wanted to kill him for no reason.

Hell...did they even know if the gun he supposedly had was real and not a bb gun????

From your link:

Yeah but they should've tried other means. They could've shot him in the knee or tazed him. They could've tried longer to talk him out. And how did they know he wasnt just mentally ill???

And theres no body cam video. Cops allege he pointed it. I bet they just wanted to kill him for no reason.

Hell...did they even know if the gun he supposedly had was real and not a bb gun????
Yeah. Try other means just in case he doesn't shoot his wife. Just in case it's a fake gun. Just in case the poor guy is mentally ill. Yeah, except at any moment, this crazed guy waving a gun around could kill someone....

But, if those 'other means' fail and the guy blows his wife away, or shoots a cop, BFD, right? No biggie. Yep.

How could they lie about him pointing a gun at the cops? His wife is right there. There may be other witnesses. Why are you defending this guy? Because you are a pro-gun nut or because the guy is a pastor?

IF he had what even looked like a firearm and IF he pointed it at police in a context of confrontation, the shooting is justified.

From your link:

Yeah. Try other means just in case he doesn't shoot his wife. Just in case it's a fake gun. Just in case the poor guy is mentally ill. Yeah, except at any moment, this crazed guy waving a gun around could kill someone....

But, if those 'other means' fail and the guy blows his wife away, or shoots a cop, BFD, right? No biggie. Yep.

How could they lie about him pointing a gun at the cops? His wife is right there. There may be other witnesses. Why are you defending this guy? Because you are a pro-gun nut or because the guy is a pastor?

Ok..confession. ..im being sarcastic. Just to make fun of how liberals typically respond to police shootings.

Sadly....im pretty accurate.

No, Bucs, you are not. Most of the shootings that people object to are the shooting of people obviously unarmed. The man had a gun, he pointed it at police after threatoning his wife, he was, justly, shot. But when someone that is unarmed, at a distance where the policeman is not in danger, is shot a multiplicity of times, something is not right.

WCSC

When will the murderous rampages by police stop. They're supposed to SERVE and protect. Instead....when a preacher tries to speak to his wife they burst in and murder him.

Way to cherrypick the facts.

"According to SLED, the incident started around when a woman went into the store, and her estranged husband went in after her a short time later. The two talked for a moment before the man pulled out a gun. The store owner then called 911.

Deputies from the Lancaster County Sheriff's Office said when they arrived at the scene Morgan, who was in the doorway of the business, made threats and pointed his gun at them. "

From your link:

Coulda Woulda Shoulda

Some asshole points a gun at you you shoot him before he can shoot you

Everyone knows that.

IMO this guy committed suicide by cop

Forum List

Back