Barry Goldwater the Godfather of the Tea Party

No way! He for one would not put up with Palin or Bachmann.

true, but the Tea Party has taken Goldwater's platform and speeches to heart. Read what Goldwater actually said, and then compare with Tea Party proposals.

I like how people on the left keep trying to separate the tea party from anything positive in society. I also like how they keep saying that tea party people don't live up to what they say because that comes right out of rules for radicals.

No way! He for one would not put up with Palin or Bachmann.

true, but the Tea Party has taken Goldwater's platform and speeches to heart. Read what Goldwater actually said, and then compare with Tea Party proposals.

I like how people on the left keep trying to separate the tea party from anything positive in society. I also like how they keep saying that tea party people don't live up to what they say because that comes right out of rules for radicals.

So comparing the Tea Party platform to Goldwater's is considered by you to be anything but positive?

:cuckoo:

So comparing the Tea Party platform to Goldwater's is considered by you to be anything but positive?

No. I read it wrong but at least I tried to read it. You guys seem to have a problem with that.

No. I read it wrong but at least I tried to read it. You guys seem to have a problem with that.
you're a little bit late. you won your own thread.

:bowdown:

Tea Party attitudes:

More and more doctors refusing medicade...
I'm glad this is happenning in this country.

Your guy's attitude about Obama rivals 'My furor' which was really scary in 08.

My 'furor'?

fu·ror [fyoor-awr, -er]
noun
1. a general outburst of enthusiasm, excitement, controversy, or the like.
2. a prevailing fad, mania, or craze.
3. fury; rage; madness.

Synonyms: ado, agitation, big scene, big stink, bustle,
commotion, craze, enthusiasm, fad, ferment,
flap, free-for-all, frenzy, fury, fuss, hell broke loose,
hullabaloo*, hysteria, lunacy, madness*, mania,
outburst, outcry, rage, row, ruckus, stir*, to-do,
tumult, uproar, whirl

:lol::lol::lol:

"Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the Republican party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them."
Barry Goldwater

oscar

please don't tell me what to say or to whom i may address myself.
thanks

del
I was being more humorous than anything, sorry if you it seriously.

does this douche remind anyone from an old Bean town board of another gay christian? :eusa_whistle:

No, but you remind me of another asshole who used to post here..... started thread after thread, whining about shit and using :eusa_whistle: alot.

His name was Dev Nell.

Fiscally, Barry and the Tea Party might be close. I doubt they are on social or even to foreign policy issues to a point.

On point exactly. Goldwater was for allowing gays in the military since the 60s.
A true conservative is for equal rights for all.
Oh how I miss Barry. The good man stood up and put the religous right in their place. He knew they would ruin conservatism, predicted it and look where we are.

Fiscally, Barry and the Tea Party might be close. I doubt they are on social or even to foreign policy issues to a point.

On point exactly. Goldwater was for allowing gays in the military since the 60s.
Oh how I miss Barry. The good man stood up and put the religous right in their place. He knew they would ruin conservatism, predicted it and look where we are.

As a liberal and an impressionable young man during the 70s, I was always intrigued by Goldwater and his views. He had a libertarian streak that bordered on sane liberalism.

Some of his views were based on a common sense that was usually lacking in the intellectually bankrupt framed arguments that passed for public debate.

cough...cough...bullshit

pardon the trollish off topic posts...

As a liberal and an impressionable young man during the 70s, I was always intrigued by Goldwater and his views. He had a libertarian streak that bordered on sane liberalism.

Some of his views were based on a common sense that was usually lacking in the intellectually bankrupt framed arguments that passed for public debate.

cough...cough...bullshit
Tell me one positive thing the Religious Right has done for the country.

cough...cough...bullshit

Are you old enough to remember when Republicans despised the religous right?

cough...cough...bullshit

Are you old enough to remember when Republicans despised the religous right?

I'll tell you one thing, people had better not take their eyes off the religious left, just because they are not in the news of late. American progressive and populist movements of the Christian type are very dangerous to the nation's health

Forum List

Back