Barbra Streisand Compares Obama To A King Or God

“I think we have advanced with Obama, and I think people are giving him a hard time, which is not fair because this Affordable Care Act is working and it’s going to help a lot of people. But it’s like Greek tragedy, you know, they always try to bring down the gods, bring down the kings, bring down the leaders."

OP is just total bs anyway...
just like you.

Anyway, I see that less and less people are "worshipping" Obama and can see now that the problems we face are not so easy to solve after all. All those people who bought his bullcrap speeches are finally starting to realize, except for, of course, the out-of-touch celebrities and super rich eccentric weirdos. None of them can relate to how the typical American struggles and suffers to try and make ends meet in this crappy economy.
Can you spot the trend that keeps ruining the nonrich, dingbat?

The Demise of the American Middle Class In Numbers.

Over the past 30 years the American dream has gradually disappeared. The process was slow, so most people didn’t notice. They just worked a few more hours, borrowed a little more and cut back on non-essentials. But looking at the numbers and comparing them over long time periods, it is obvious that things have changed drastically. Here are the details:

1. WORKERS PRODUCE MORE BUT THE GAINS GO TO BUSINESS.

Over the past 63 years worker productivity has grown by 2.0% per year.

But after 1980, workers received a smaller share every year. Labor’s share of income (1992 = 100%):

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

A 13% drop since 1980

2. THE TOP 10% GET A LARGER SHARE.

Share of National Income going to Top 10%:

1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%

An increase of 16% since Reagan.

3. WORKERS COMPENSATED FOR THE LOSS OF INCOME BY SPENDING THEIR SAVINGS.

The savings Rose up to Reagan and fell during and after.

1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%
2006 = -1.1% (Negative = withdrawing from savings)

A 12.3% drop after Reagan.

4. WORKERS ALSO BORROWED TO MAKE UP FOR THE LOSS.

Household Debt as percentage of GDP:

1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%

A 45% increase after 1980.

5. SO THE GAP BETWEEN THE RICHEST AND THE POOREST HAS GROWN.

Gap Between the Share of Capital Income earned by the top 1%
and the bottom 80%:

1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%

A 5.6 times increase.

6. AND THE AMERICAN DREAM IS GONE.

The Probably of Moving Up from the Bottom 40% to the Top 40%:

1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%

A 10% Decrease.

Links:

1 = ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/special.requests/pf/totalf1.txt
1 = https://www.clevelandfed.org/Research/PolicyDis/No7Nov04.pdf
1 = Clipboard01.jpg image
2 – Congratulations to Emmanuel Saez The White House
3 = http://www.demos.org/inequality/images/charts/uspersonalsaving_thumb.gif
3 = U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis BEA
4 = http://www.prudentbear.com/index.php/household-sector-debt-of-gdp
4 = FRB Z.1 Release--Financial Accounts of the United States--September 18 2014
5/6 = Wealth And Inequality In America - Business Insider

Overview = http://www.ourfuture.org/blog-entry/2010062415/reagan-revolution-home-roost-charts

“I think we have advanced with Obama, and I think people are giving him a hard time, which is not fair because this Affordable Care Act is working and it’s going to help a lot of people. But it’s like Greek tragedy, you know, they always try to bring down the gods, bring down the kings, bring down the leaders."

just like you.
Can you read? lol

Anyway, I see that less and less people are "worshipping" Obama and can see now that the problems we face are not so easy to solve after all. All those people who bought his bullcrap speeches are finally starting to realize, except for, of course, the out-of-touch celebrities and super rich eccentric weirdos. None of them can relate to how the typical American struggles and suffers to try and make ends meet in this crappy economy.
Can you spot the trend that keeps ruining the nonrich, dingbat?

The Demise of the American Middle Class In Numbers.

Over the past 30 years the American dream has gradually disappeared. The process was slow, so most people didn’t notice. They just worked a few more hours, borrowed a little more and cut back on non-essentials. But looking at the numbers and comparing them over long time periods, it is obvious that things have changed drastically. Here are the details:

1. WORKERS PRODUCE MORE BUT THE GAINS GO TO BUSINESS.

Over the past 63 years worker productivity has grown by 2.0% per year.

But after 1980, workers received a smaller share every year. Labor’s share of income (1992 = 100%):

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

A 13% drop since 1980

2. THE TOP 10% GET A LARGER SHARE.

Share of National Income going to Top 10%:

1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%

An increase of 16% since Reagan.

3. WORKERS COMPENSATED FOR THE LOSS OF INCOME BY SPENDING THEIR SAVINGS.

The savings Rose up to Reagan and fell during and after.

1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%
2006 = -1.1% (Negative = withdrawing from savings)

A 12.3% drop after Reagan.

4. WORKERS ALSO BORROWED TO MAKE UP FOR THE LOSS.

Household Debt as percentage of GDP:

1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%

A 45% increase after 1980.

5. SO THE GAP BETWEEN THE RICHEST AND THE POOREST HAS GROWN.

Gap Between the Share of Capital Income earned by the top 1%
and the bottom 80%:

1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%

A 5.6 times increase.

6. AND THE AMERICAN DREAM IS GONE.

The Probably of Moving Up from the Bottom 40% to the Top 40%:

1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%

A 10% Decrease.

Links:

1 = ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/special.requests/pf/totalf1.txt
1 = https://www.clevelandfed.org/Research/PolicyDis/No7Nov04.pdf
1 = Clipboard01.jpg image
2 – Congratulations to Emmanuel Saez The White House
3 = http://www.demos.org/inequality/images/charts/uspersonalsaving_thumb.gif
3 = U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis BEA
4 = http://www.prudentbear.com/index.php/household-sector-debt-of-gdp
4 = FRB Z.1 Release--Financial Accounts of the United States--September 18 2014
5/6 = Wealth And Inequality In America - Business Insider

Overview = http://www.ourfuture.org/blog-entry/2010062415/reagan-revolution-home-roost-charts
And then you have idiots like Obutthurt come in and just take it from you. Idiot.

just like you.
Can you read? lol
yeah, better than you can type.

just like you.
Can you read? lol
bitter losers want to blame the GOP for their failure to prosper

Streisand doesn't like herr ubber liberal, das furrer? Wow. I lost my job of 20 years because of OBAMA and his health care bullshit. Rich old liberals still have their money and still don't like this quack? I feel a little validated, but not that it matter much, jerks like Streisand woun't pay my bills when I come up short.
No you didn't. You are highly misinformed, or your employers were.

How do you know?
Frankie is President of her fan club....

just like you.
Can you read? lol
Hater dupes are so dumb. Voodoo has wrecked the nonrich and the country, and Pubs have blocked Dems from stopping it. I myself am an exception, but I'm not a brainwashed fool like you chumps...see sig.

just like you.
Can you read? lol
Hater dupes are so dumb. Voodoo has wrecked the nonrich and the country, and Pubs have blocked Dems from stopping it. I myself am an exception, but I'm not a brainwashed fool like you chumps...see sig.

I've heard it's difficult to brainwash the insane. :D

Interesting to see you're in this thread attacking Barbara Streisand when you're in the Palin thread at the same time trying to defend her against attacks, and calling those attacks totally out of line.

lol, grow up, you phoney.

Interesting to see you're in this thread attacking Barbara Streisand when you're in the Palin thread at the same time trying to defend her against attacks, and calling those attacks totally out of line.

I'm not attacking her. She is an out-of-touch celebrity, and appears to be an angry one at that. Truth! :D

I'm not attacking her. She is an out-of-touch celebrity, and appears to be an angry one at that. Truth! :D

You've been busted. Shut up and quit making a fool of yourself.

Did you see that face? :ack-1: I think that's 100 times scarier than Sarah Palin could ever be! Lol! :wink_2:

No because I am not part of the party that espouses those things, as you are. That is why you are a hypocrite.

No because I am not part of the party that espouses those things, as you are. That is why you are a hypocrite.

You're a rightwing hack pretending you're an independent.

Why aren't you going after the RWnuts in this thread for attacking Streisand the way you doing to liberals in the Palin thread?

Answer: because you're a phoney.

Forum List

Back