Barack Obama: “The LAST THING We Want to Do Is Raise Taxes During a Recession” (2009

See like you can say everything was fine under bush because when he left office the unemployment rate was only 7.5%. You dont mention at all that 800,000 people were leaving the job force every month. All that means is that bush created a really shitty economy and was only in office long enough to see it be shitty for a little bit.

The unemployment rate isnt an instantaneous measure of how the economy is going at any given point.
OK. It's just hung around the 9.2% level for months becasue the economy in improving. I get it :eusa_whistle:

No its hung around the 9.2% unemployment rate for months because bushes housing bubble is still deflating. I seriously dont think you understand how this works. Obama cant just decrease the unemployment rate. First the administration had to spend months to reverse the massive exodus of workers from the job force just to make the unemployment rate stop skyrocketing. he did that extremely well. now that republicans have been elected the government hasnt focused at all on jobs, not one job bill in this congress.

What exactly do you think obama has done to hurt the economy anyways? You just point to some abstract notion and say its the governments fault. Im sure its not housing and gas prices or anything.
I was wondering how long before some liberal dipshit blamed Bush. You do know that Obama has actually increased the unemployment rate don't you? And what happens now that stimulus money is drying up and all of those artificial jobs he created with taxpayer and borrowed $ go away?

I do understand you're extremely stupid, yes. That was clear many posts ago. But keep blathering your drivel. It's quite entertaining.

Its funny that half of your posts are insults. Its just reveals that half of what you say is insults and the other half is defensive and none of it is an actual response to anything i say.

Your brainless posts are receiving the appropriate responses.

Really? So saying that obama had to stop massive monthly job losses before posting any gains is brainless?

How so? It seems like you just resort to personal attacks when you have no logical argument.

OK. It's just hung around the 9.2% level for months becasue the economy in improving. I get it :eusa_whistle:

No its hung around the 9.2% unemployment rate for months because bushes housing bubble is still deflating. I seriously dont think you understand how this works. Obama cant just decrease the unemployment rate. First the administration had to spend months to reverse the massive exodus of workers from the job force just to make the unemployment rate stop skyrocketing. he did that extremely well. now that republicans have been elected the government hasnt focused at all on jobs, not one job bill in this congress.

What exactly do you think obama has done to hurt the economy anyways? You just point to some abstract notion and say its the governments fault. Im sure its not housing and gas prices or anything.
I was wondering how long before some liberal dipshit blamed Bush. You do know that Obama has actually increased the unemployment rate don't you? And what happens now that stimulus money is drying up and all of those artificial jobs he created with taxpayer and borrowed $ go away?

Holy shit are you serious? Not one single economist would agree with anything you just said.

What about the 800,000 jobs we were losing just 2 1/2 years ago when bush left office? Those just dont matter because you dont want them to? Bush leaves obama the shittiest economy in american history and its all obamas fault? Lol wow your so delusional. Obama can be blamed for not lowering the unemployment rate, he had nothing to do with it hitting that in the first place.

See like you can say everything was fine under bush because when he left office the unemployment rate was only 7.5%. You dont mention at all that 800,000 people were leaving the job force every month. All that means is that bush created a really shitty economy and was only in office long enough to see it be shitty for a little bit.

I didn't say everything was fine under Bush, brainiac. I said Bush never once 8.5% unemployement - and Obama's hit 10+ and is holding at 9.something % right now. It's pathetic. But, you keep right on blind-loving him sheep.

One term wonder Jimy Carter never hit 9% either - and he was the biggest fuck up every to grace the Oval Office, that is, until Obama showed up.

Last edited:

Holy shit are you serious? Not one single economist would agree with anything you just said.

What about the 800,000 jobs we were losing just 2 1/2 years ago when bush left office? Those just dont matter because you dont want them to? Bush leaves obama the shittiest economy in american history and its all obamas fault? Lol wow your so delusional. Obama can be blamed for not lowering the unemployment rate, he had nothing to do with it hitting that in the first place.
You do know they economy was fine until the democrats got control of congress. The market was at record highs.

And why do you result to personal attacks when your bullshit spew get's challenged? :eusa_whistle:

Its funny that half of your posts are insults. Its just reveals that half of what you say is insults and the other half is defensive and none of it is an actual response to anything i say.

Really? So saying that obama had to stop massive monthly job losses before posting any gains is brainless?

How so? It seems like you just resort to personal attacks when you have no logical argument.

I'm trying to educate you son. It's obvious you're either ignorant or not bright. Don't consider it a personal attack - consider it a favor junior.

I'm trying to educate you son. It's obvious you're either ignorant or not bright. Don't consider it a personal attack - consider it a favor junior.

it sounds like you need to be educated. I just looked back through your posts and i dont find one smart thing. I just find you telling me that your smarter than i am.

lol...

it sounds like you need to be educated. I just looked back through your posts and i dont find one smart thing. I just find you telling me that your smarter than i am.

lol...
I get it. This is an act you do down at the local comedy club on Friday nights.

Im not cheering on anything. Im saying the private sector is doing much better than it was just 2 years ago. And that 18,000 jobs report, guess what you probably dont know about it. The number of jobs the private sector added was almost 60,000. The 18,000 comes in because republican austerity measures have cut back the public sector so much.

Creating government jobs for the sake of creating a job, isn't actual job creation, but nice try. Additionally, 60,000 private jobs is nothing to brag about. If we continued on this trend, unemployment will go up.

SNIP.

an August 5, 2009, interview on NBC News, Obama said that:

“The last thing you want to do is raise taxes in the middle of a recession, because that would just suck up, take more demand out of the economy and put businesses in a further hole.”

Here’s Obama talking about how tax hikes would put the economy in a further hole.
YouTube - ‪Obama: "The LAST THING We Want to Do Is Raise Taxes During a Recession"‬‏
But, that was in 2009.
In the current debt and deficit talks Obama is proposing a trillion in new taxes… during a very weak economy.

The Weekly Standard reported:

In a 75-minute meeting Sunday night, President Obama once again demanded that more than $1 trillion in tax increases be part of any deficit reduction package attached to a vote on the debt ceiling. In the session, Obama rejected a Republican proposal to seek $2.5 trillion in spending cuts and reforms, and insisted on higher taxes on businesses and wealthy individuals.

It’s a curious position, given the anemic economic growth and rising unemployment. And it’s even more curious considering that Obama himself has warned about the deleterious effects of raising taxes in a struggling economy.

read it all with comments at.
Barack Obama: “The LAST THING We Want to Do Is Raise Taxes During a Recession” (2009 VIdeo) | The Gateway Pundit

Out to make a fool of yourself this morning? LOL! This isn't 2009, and the circumstances are changed. Now go crawl back under your toad stool and pray for rain.

Because Reducing Spending would be Impossible, Correct?...

Less Revenues because of a Bad Economy equals MORE Punishment in the form of Taxation for those still making some Money...

Liberals Rule.

Won't Create Taxpayers... More Taxpayers is the Answer.

Raising Taxes does NOT Create NEW Taxpayers...

It Retards Business Expansion.

Idiots.

:)

peace...

You do know they economy was fine until the democrats got control of congress. The market was at record highs.

And why do you result to personal attacks when your bullshit spew get's challenged? :eusa_whistle:

Now im being accused of personal attacks, when ive said the least offensive things out of anyone here. lol ok.

if you want to get into why the banks collapsed sure, lets go.

If republicans hadnt relieved lenders from responsibility when issuing mortgages by allowing the securitization of mortgages banks would have never made predatory sub-prime loans. If republicans had never relaxed limits on bank leverage and neutered the SEC those same banks wouldnt have been able buy/sell giant amounts of bundled sub prime mortgages that inflated the largest real estate bubble in history.

lol...

You don't find anything smart in my posts to you, as I am responding to you at your level. I need to keep it simple/stupid to allow you to keep up. You want me to dumb it down even more? Just let me know. Happy to assist.

Now im being accused of personal attacks, when ive said the least offensive things out of anyone here. lol ok.

If republicans hadnt relieved lenders from responsibility when issuing mortgages by allowing the securitization of mortgages banks would have never made predatory sub-prime loans. If republicans had never relaxed limits on bank leverage and neutered the SEC those same banks wouldnt have been able buy/sell giant amounts of bundled sub prime mortgages that inflated the largest real estate bubble in history.

You mean Barney Frank, not the Republicans.
There.
I fixed that error for you, dope.

lol...

Actually your act continues. When i make a post about how all you says are useless things, and then you just post ore useless things, it just kind of validates my point. Idk if your stupid but your acting like it.

There.

Lol so the republicans werent for the repeal of glass steagall?

There.

Lol so the republicans werent for the repeal of glass steagall?

moron_test1.jpg

Care to explain how republicans relieved lenders of responsibility? This should be good.

No actually after a little looking i find it was pretty much all republicans that repealed glass steagall....

The Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act, the repeal of glass steagall, was proposed by three republicans. It passed the house in a bi partisan bill but pretty much every democrat in the senate voted against it.

So it was the repubs.

lol...

Actually your act continues. When i make a post about how all you says are useless things, and then you just post ore useless things, it just kind of validates my point. Idk if your stupid but your acting like it.
More of those personal attacks you so detest?

Forum List

Back