Barack Obama: “The LAST THING We Want to Do Is Raise Taxes During a Recession” (2009

HAHA seriously? Come on you can blame clinton but i cant blame bush. Good logic.

yea i do mean the things clinton started. More specifically the things that clinton started that worked fine until republicans completely deregulated them.
Now getting back to Bush repealing Glass Steagall, how did he do that when Clinton was president?

whoa whoa man. I never said bush repealed glass-steagall.

I said republicans in the congress passed the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act, which was the repeal of glass stegall. Dont twist what i say.

So now he's all for raising Taxes during a Recession? Man,that's almost as bad as him now being all for raising the Debt Limit. The Hopey Changey sheep must get terrible headaches trying to spin their Hopey Changey One's crazy Flip-Flops. But no amount of spin can save them on this stuff. What a nightmare.

Hes always been for raising taxes on the rich.

And please you wanna talk about debt limit flip flops? How many times did republicans vote to raise the debt limit from 2001-2008?

You got your headache yet. Your spin on your Hopey Changey One's Flip-Flops must be making you dizzy no? Take two aspirins and call us on Election Day 2012.

What are you talking about? Obama is no worse of a flip flopper than the republicans who voted to raise the debt limit 4 years ago but wont raise it now that their the minority.

HAHA seriously? Come on you can blame clinton but i cant blame bush. Good logic.

yea i do mean the things clinton started. More specifically the things that clinton started that worked fine until republicans completely deregulated them.
Now getting back to Bush repealing Glass Steagall, how did he do that when Clinton was president?

I said republicans in the congress passed the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act, which was the repeal of glass stegall. Dont twist what i say.

And Clinton, a Democrat, signed it into law. Right? As long as we are passing blame here, let's keep it real. OK

You guys need to quit quoting the two tools in this thread trying to bloviate about taxes. I got rather used to not reading their drivel. I can hear all the White House talking points later tonight on pmsbc.

Hes always been for raising taxes on the rich.

And please you wanna talk about debt limit flip flops? How many times did republicans vote to raise the debt limit from 2001-2008?

You got your headache yet. Your spin on your Hopey Changey One's Flip-Flops must be making you dizzy no? Take two aspirins and call us on Election Day 2012.

What are you talking about? Obama is no worse of a flip flopper than the republicans who voted to raise the debt limit 4 years ago but wont raise it now that their the minority.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Didn't your parents teach you that? He was against raising Taxes during a Recession and now he's all for it. He was against raising the Debt Limit and now he's all for it. You keep spinning his dishonesty & hypocrisy if you want to. But all the spin in the world wont make it right.

And Clinton, a Democrat, signed it into law. Right? As long as we are passing blame here, let's keep it real. OK

That doesnt mean it falls under democratic principle. Maybe i should have been more careful in what i said. I did specifically say republicans. I should have said deregulation or republican ideology.

Whoever was involved is to blame, whatever party. But what is for sure is that the ideology of deregulation is to blame regardless of what color tie the politician that believes that ideology is wearing.

And i should also point out that now that the bill has been repealed, and much of our financial growth of the past decade was built upon these institutions, we cant put the law back into place now. But thats exactly why we need the Dodd-Frank bill, the one repubs keep fighting.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Didn't your parents teach you that? He was against raising Taxes during a Recession and now he's all for it. He was against raising the Debt Limit and now he's all for it. You keep spinning his dishonesty & hypocrisy if you want to. But all the spin in the world wont make it right.

Lol im not spinning anything. i didnt even say anything about policy to you. All i did was point out your hypocrisy. your the one that writes off obama because hes doing the same thing the people you support are. Your a hypocrite but im spinning the truth. How do you figure?

What I don't understand is how Republicans can hate welfare and then cry when a Democrat takes away some of their tax return aka money intended to help families.

What's a tax return?

I haven't had one of those in 20 years.

Seems like in addition to everything I pay all year long, every April I stroke yet another check to the U.S. Treasury, in addition to the five figures I've already paid in.

Get a life.

What I don't understand is how Republicans can hate welfare and then cry when a Democrat takes away some of their tax return aka money intended to help families.

What's a tax return?

Seems like in addition to everything I pay all year long, every April I stroke yet another check to the U.S. Treasury, in addition to the five figures I've already paid in.

Get a life.

Always popping in to debate topics that have no factual or verifiable part.

That doesnt mean it falls under democratic principle. Maybe i should have been more careful in what i said. I did specifically say republicans. I should have said deregulation or republican ideology.

Whoever was involved is to blame, whatever party. But what is for sure is that the ideology of deregulation is to blame regardless of what color tie the politician that believes that ideology is wearing.

And i should also point out that now that the bill has been repealed, and much of our financial growth of the past decade was built upon these institutions, we cant put the law back into place now. But thats exactly why we need the Dodd-Frank bill, the one repubs keep fighting.
Didn't Clinton also signed the Commodity Futures Modernization Act, which exempted credit-default swaps from regulation. and in 1995 Clinton loosened housing rules by rewriting the Community Reinvestment Act, which put added pressure on banks to lend in low-income neighborhoods. Were those also against democratic principle?

What's a tax return?

Get a life.

O. and maybe you should learn to do your taxes and then you wouldnt owe money each year...

Didn't Clinton also signed the Commodity Futures Modernization Act, which exempted credit-default swaps from regulation. and in 1995 Clinton loosened housing rules by rewriting the Community Reinvestment Act, which put added pressure on banks to lend in low-income neighborhoods. Were those also against democratic principle?

And didnt he only sign those laws because republicans took the house in 94 and he had to work with them? again, idc if democrats voted for or signed the bill. They are just as guilty as republicans.

Im arguing against the republican ideology of constant deregulation and anyone that takes part in it.

Lol im not spinning anything. i didnt even say anything about policy to you. All i did was point out your hypocrisy. your the one that writes off obama because hes doing the same thing the people you support are. Your a hypocrite but im spinning the truth. How do you figure?

No,you're claiming that his dishonesty & hypocrisy are ok because the other guys did it too. That's why i said two wrongs don't make a right. Your parents should have taught you that. And you are spinning. So quit denying that. That only makes you look very disingenuous.

No,you're claiming that his dishonesty & hypocrisy are ok because the other guys did it too. That's why i said two wrongs don't make a right. Your parents should have taught you that. And you are spinning. So quit denying that. That only makes you look very disingenuous.

No I'm not. How about you stop putting words in my mouth you little idiot.

All i said was that being opposed to one specific person because theyre doing something the very people you support are, is very very stupid. Im not saying its ok for anyone to flip flop. Its ridiculous politics. But any argument about obama flip flopping can be used against his opponents therefore theyre useless arguments.

Last edited:
Maybe you cant distinguish between actively supporting someone and simply pointing out that they arent at fault any more than the politicians you support. Thats not spinning, thats the ability to use critical thinking.

What's a tax return?

Get a life.

Always popping in to debate topics that have no factual or verifiable part.

I'll be sure to give you some rep once I re-load

Thanks for the reminder

And didnt he only sign those laws because republicans took the house in 94 and he had to work with them? again, idc if democrats voted for or signed the bill. They are just as guilty as republicans.

Im arguing against the republican ideology of constant deregulation and anyone that takes part in it.

You mean the bill that was based on the recommendations of a Presidential Working Group on Financial Markets - (PWG) Report - titled “Over-the Counter Derivatives and the Commodity Exchange Act.” Headed by Larry Summers. And yes, the republicans were all over the Community Reinvestment Act so strongly pushed by Acorn.

Maybe you cant distinguish between actively supporting someone and simply pointing out that they arent at fault any more than the politicians you support. Thats not spinning, thats the ability to use critical thinking.

When are you going to begin "critically thinking?" vs. regurgitating Huffington Post talking points?

What are you?

15?

No I'm not. How about you stop putting words in my mouth you little idiot.

All i said was that being opposed to one specific person because theyre doing something the very people you support are, is very very stupid. Im not saying its ok for anyone to flip flop. Its ridiculous politics. But any argument about obama flip flopping can be used against his opponents therefore theyre useless arguments.

Except that your guy is the President. And the other guys aren't. So it's not a "useless argument." It's just useless to you because you're trying to spin for your guy. Being a liar and a hypocrite is wrong. And just because the other guys do it too,it doesn't mean it's right. You're just defending the indefensible now. So that makes you a dishonest hypocrite too.

You mean the bill that was based on the recommendations of a Presidential Working Group on Financial Markets - (PWG) Report - titled “Over-the Counter Derivatives and the Commodity Exchange Act.” Headed by Larry Summers. And yes, the republicans were all over the Community Reinvestment Act so strongly pushed by Acorn.

Yea ill give the Community Reinvestment Act. Thats certainly a democratic program. Ill just point out that it worked fine until the repeal of glass-steagall and the relaxation on leverage limits.

Forum List

Back