Barack Obama: “The LAST THING We Want to Do Is Raise Taxes During a Recession” (2009

No,you're claiming that his dishonesty & hypocrisy are ok because the other guys did it too. That's why i said two wrongs don't make a right. Your parents should have taught you that. And you are spinning. So quit denying that. That only makes you look very disingenuous.

No I'm not. How about you stop putting words in my mouth you little idiot.

All i said was that being opposed to one specific person because theyre doing something the very people you support are, is very very stupid. Im not saying its ok for anyone to flip flop. Its ridiculous politics. But any argument about obama flip flopping can be used against his opponents therefore theyre useless arguments.

Except that your guy is the President. And the other guys aren't. So it's not a "useless argument." It's just useless to you because you're trying to spin for your guy. Being a liar and a hypocrite is wrong. And just because the other guys do it too,it doesn't mean it's right. You're just defending the indefensible now. So that makes you a dishonest hypocrite too.

What are you talking about!?!?!?!?!

I NEVER SAID BEING A LIAR AND A HYPOCRITE IS OK. I NEVER DEFENDED SPECIFICALLY DEMOCRATIC FLIP FLOPPERS

The first thing you ever said is that you dont like obama because hes a hypocrite. All i said is that should be reason for you to hate just about every other democratic and republicans politician. Thats my only stance

Stop twisting that into me being some obama fanboy

Maybe you cant distinguish between actively supporting someone and simply pointing out that they arent at fault any more than the politicians you support. Thats not spinning, thats the ability to use critical thinking.

When are you going to begin "critically thinking?" vs. regurgitating Huffington Post talking points?

What are you?

15?

No actually. How about you make just one point and then ill take things you say seriously.

All i said was that being opposed to one specific person because theyre doing something the very people you support are, is very very stupid. Im not saying its ok for anyone to flip flop. Its ridiculous politics. But any argument about obama flip flopping can be used against his opponents therefore theyre useless arguments.

Except that your guy is the President. And the other guys aren't. So it's not a "useless argument." It's just useless to you because you're trying to spin for your guy. Being a liar and a hypocrite is wrong. And just because the other guys do it too,it doesn't mean it's right. You're just defending the indefensible now. So that makes you a dishonest hypocrite too.

I NEVER SAID BEING A LIAR AND A HYPOCRITE IS OK. I NEVER DEFENDED SPECIFICALLY DEMOCRATIC FLIP FLOPPERS

The first thing you ever said is that you dont like obama because hes a hypocrite. All i said is that should be reason for you to hate just about every other democratic and republicans politician. Thats my only stance

Well don't sound like a delusional Obama Fanboy and i wont call you one. Just sayin.

You should know that Libpocaplyse doesn't actually read what people write. He decides what you said and responds to that OR he just repeats the last post he made. Trying to discuss things with him is pointless.

If you want, I can give you a list of people to avoid trying to discuss things with. You can start with

Libocalypse
Soggy in NOLA
American First
Robert
Dr. House
BriPat
Uncensored2008

Every one of them is not open to discussion and will ignore your posts or call you names when they have no response. I'm sure I'm leaving plenty off of this list, but its a good start to try and save yourself some energy.

You should know that Libpocaplyse doesn't actually read what people write. He decides what you said and responds to that OR he just repeats the last post he made. Trying to discuss things with him is pointless.

If you want, I can give you a list of people to avoid trying to discuss things with. You can start with

Libocalypse
Soggy in NOLA
American First
Robert
Dr. House
BriPat
Uncensored2008

Every one of them is not open to discussion and will ignore your posts or call you names when they have no response. I'm sure I'm leaving plenty off of this list, but its a good start to try and save yourself some energy.

Projection. Funny stuff. :lol:

Well don't sound like a delusional Obama Fanboy and i wont call you one. Just sayin.

Dude all i said is that if you make your decision about who to vote for based on who is flip flopping or not you shouldnt vote for one single politician.

I guess that makes me an obama fanboy. Your so thick its ridiculous.

Dude all i said is that if you make your decision about who to vote for based on who is flip flopping or not you shouldnt vote for one single politician.

I guess that makes me an obama fanboy. Your so thick its ridiculous.

Well you do come off as a delusional Obama Fanboy. Don't blame me for that. That's all on you. And Voters should make their decisions about who to vote for on how dishonest & hypocritical a Candidate is or isn't. That should definitely be a part of the criteria in deciding who you will vote for. Dismissing it and even defending it,certainly isn't going to help the Country. Honesty & Integrity should always be a big part of deciding who you will vote for. That's just my opinion anyway.

SNIP.

an August 5, 2009, interview on NBC News, Obama said that:

“The last thing you want to do is raise taxes in the middle of a recession, because that would just suck up, take more demand out of the economy and put businesses in a further hole.”

Here’s Obama talking about how tax hikes would put the economy in a further hole.
YouTube - ‪Obama: "The LAST THING We Want to Do Is Raise Taxes During a Recession"‬‏
But, that was in 2009.
In the current debt and deficit talks Obama is proposing a trillion in new taxes… during a very weak economy.

The Weekly Standard reported:

In a 75-minute meeting Sunday night, President Obama once again demanded that more than $1 trillion in tax increases be part of any deficit reduction package attached to a vote on the debt ceiling. In the session, Obama rejected a Republican proposal to seek $2.5 trillion in spending cuts and reforms, and insisted on higher taxes on businesses and wealthy individuals.

It’s a curious position, given the anemic economic growth and rising unemployment. And it’s even more curious considering that Obama himself has warned about the deleterious effects of raising taxes in a struggling economy.

read it all with comments at.
Barack Obama: “The LAST THING We Want to Do Is Raise Taxes During a Recession” (2009 VIdeo) | The Gateway Pundit

Out to make a fool of yourself this morning? LOL! This isn't 2009, and the circumstances are changed. Now go crawl back under your toad stool and pray for rain.

Yes, his Trillion dollar shot in the dark failed so it's time to let they American people bail his ass out.

70% of the stimulus of the last 3 years has BEEN tax cuts. If stimulus isn't working, it's mostly tax cuts that aren't working.

He was right when he was against raising Taxes during a Recession. He's wrong now. He was right when he was against Raising the Debt Limit. He's wrong now. His Flip-Flops are just ludicrous. We are a rudderless ship at this point. :(

Out to make a fool of yourself this morning? LOL! This isn't 2009, and the circumstances are changed. Now go crawl back under your toad stool and pray for rain.

Yes, his Trillion dollar shot in the dark failed so it's time to let they American people bail his ass out.

70% of the stimulus of the last 3 years has BEEN tax cuts. If stimulus isn't working, it's mostly tax cuts that aren't working.

Temporary tax credits and reductions in payroll taxes are not stimulative because they are Temporary. And Obama's Galactically Stupid energy and monetary policies have driven up inflation to the point where the $250 here and $1,000 there are gobbled up on gasoline, heating oil, and food for the typical family. Spending money on inflated prices doesn't do anything to foster real economic growth or productivity.

Temporary tax credits and reductions in payroll taxes are not stimulative because they are Temporary. And Obama's Galactically Stupid energy and monetary policies have driven up inflation to the point where the $250 here and $1,000 there are gobbled up on gasoline, heating oil, and food for the typical family. Spending money on inflated prices doesn't do anything to foster real economic growth or productivity.

Taxes have been lower than they were 30 years ago FOR 30 years.

I call shenanigans. Please provide the data that taxes now are lower than they were from 1978 to 1981.

And just to help you out, here are the historical tables.

The Tax Foundation - U.S. Federal Individual Income Tax Rates History, 1913-2011

And an inflation calculator to make apples to apples comparisons.

Inflation Calculator | Find US Dollar's Value from 1913-2011

So now he's all for raising Taxes during a Recession and raising the Debt Limit? Why the sudden change of heart? I think he owes the American People a credible explanation for these astounding Flip-Flops. Crazy stuff for sure.

QUOTE=boedicca;3848617]

I call shenanigans. Please provide the data that taxes now are lower than they were from 1978 to 1981.

The Tax Foundation - U.S. Federal Individual Income Tax Rates History, 1913-2011

Inflation Calculator | Find US Dollar's Value from 1913-2011[/QUOTE]

4-14-10tax-f1-rev4-15-11.jpg
[

So now he's all for raising Taxes during a Recession and raising the Debt Limit? Why the sudden change of heart? I think he owes the American People a credible explanation for these astounding Flip-Flops. Crazy stuff for sure.

Geithner already outed the real reason: To Prevent Government From Shrinking.

All of Obama's obfuscations are designed to conceal this fact because he knows that the majority of the public wants the government to shrink.

We have been out of a recession for 2 years now. If you are not benefiting from this economic expansion, then you are just not in the right income bracket and don't have the political connections.

He was right when he was against raising Taxes during a Recession. He's wrong now. He was right when he was against Raising the Debt Limit. He's wrong now. His Flip-Flops are just ludicrous. We are a rudderless ship at this point. :(

Are you a joke? Is this one giant joke right now?

Ok for one obama fought for the end of the bush tax cuts last year so why are you just saying this now. Not to mention the CBO says tax cuts would only cut unemployment by .1% at the most.

And two the debt ceiling has to be raised. Its a mathematical fact. Its not like we can just not spend any more money on stuff, it doesnt work like that. So how is obama wrong?

Inflation Calculator | Find US Dollar's Value from 1913-2011

Yea how much money did corporations raid from the treasury through loopholes, deductions, and credits? Simple tax rate is one thing, actual revenue collected is another. Republicans love to point out that we have among the highest corporate tax rates in the world, and theyre right. They just dont mention how little some corporations end up paying in the end.

Forum List

Back