CDZ Barack Obama...Greatest President of Modern times

"Barack Obama, the greatest president"

Doesn't this thread belong in the comedy forum? I laughed when I read the title.
You are welcome to name a modern President with a better record than Obama

Go for it
Practically every president since the 1950's has been better than the moron we have in office. He was elected by the media.
Sarah Palin "everyone"responses don't count for shit

Name one and why

"Obama the great's" achievements:

- greatest blowing up of the Middle East with his bullshit Arab Spring turned into Arab hell....check
-greatest act of pissing on all our allies....check
-greatest premature pullout from Iraq, greatest fake red line for Assad, creating greatest vacuum for ISIS to step in....check...yes....I blame greatest asshole Obama for ISIS...and no one else.
-greatest muslim apology tour....check
-greatest number of Americans out of work and stopped looking for work....check
-greatest racial and economic division among Americans...check
-greatest number of black people out of work....check
-greatest stabbing of law enforcement in the back....check
-greatest race baiter, riot creator...check
-greatest bald faced lie..."if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor"...check
-greatest conspiracy to deceive the American people..."Ben Ghazi was a result of a video"...check.

Is there anything he's touched that hasn't turned to shit?

The wars are over
Tell that to the soldiers still there taking bullets for YOU.
Not where I live, there is talk of another 700 lay-offs in a nearby town of less than 10k, that on top of about 1400 just this year.
Unemployment, like gas prices, are dropping and we have seen record levels of job growth.
That is if you don't count the people who have quit looking. Gas prices are due in large part to the Balkin Oil Feilds that Obama has opposed from the beginning. Record levels of job growth? Where are you getting your info? CBS?
and the evidence proves that the economy grows more under Democratic than Republican presidents
It's easy to "grow the economy" by spending record levels of deficit money, that our children and grandchildren will have to pay back...
he has supported women’s rights, including equal pay
While HE payed female staffers less than their male counterparts.
And with the Affordable Care Act, known fittingly as Obamacare, he has given all Americans access to healthcare for the first time in our nation’s history.
And put countless small, medium and large companys out of business in the process.

Rousing sucess.

As for the greatest President since WWII? Dispite his many flaws, I would nominate Reagen. Cold War ended because of his policies. Not too bad for an actor.

Why don't you just move?

Doesn't this thread belong in the comedy forum? I laughed when I read the title.

Go for it
Practically every president since the 1950's has been better than the moron we have in office. He was elected by the media.

Name one and why

- greatest blowing up of the Middle East with his bullshit Arab Spring turned into Arab hell....check
-greatest premature pullout from Iraq, greatest fake red line for Assad, creating greatest vacuum for ISIS to step in....check...yes....I blame greatest asshole Obama for ISIS...and no one else.
-greatest bald faced lie..."if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor"...check
-greatest conspiracy to deceive the American people..."Ben Ghazi was a result of a video"...check.

You have yet to name a greater President and why

So far, looks like Obama is winning

It's like asking someone to name a more honest politician than Hillary Clinton

If its so easy, why don't you give it a try?

So far, looks like you fail
Because it's as pointless as asking some to prove Hillary isn't dishonest. Is there something you really can't understand? Why?

OK....so another Republican swings and comes up empty

How about the rest of you?

Obama is the greatest President of the post WWII era
Obamacare
Stopped a depression
Ended two wars
Expanded gay rights
Recognized Cuba
Nuclear deal with Iran

If you don't agree, name your president with a better record

Because it's as pointless as asking some to prove Hillary isn't dishonest. Is there something you really can't understand? Why?

Obamacare
Stopped a depression
Ended two wars
Expanded gay rights
Recognized Cuba
Nuclear deal with Iran

I'm not willing to concur with or dissent from your assessment of Mr. Obama's merit as president. I won't take either stance because:
  • There are qualitative differences in the value we each assign to his accomplishments.
  • The political atmosphere under which he and other more recent modern presidents govern differs substantially from that faced by the earlier modern ones, and that has a direct impact upon the nature and extent of things each of them can achieve.
Beside those two things, Mr. Obama's presidency isn't over. Because it's not over, it's not possible to say whether he'll effect/lead some sort of disaster that must necessarily overshadow the accomplishments he's had. I'm not suggesting that he will, but I am saying that until he's out of office, it's too early to say whether he's really the greatest or to what extent he approaches being so.

One group that has opined on the matter places LBJ at number one. I don't see that as all that surprising seeing as for the entirety of his term, his party controlled Congress. He also was in office during the first two thirds of 1960s, which had "the longest uninterrupted period of U.S. economic expansion in history."

The same group places Eisenhower at number three. Again, not surprising seeing as he governed for the majority of the 1950s, a decade that witnessed a big boost in the quality of housing enjoyed by most Americans. That combined with a post-war boost in purchasing power made the 1950s a time when most people were generally satisfied with the state of their existence. According to the History Channel, "The booming prosperity of the 1950s helped to create a widespread sense of stability, contentment and consensus in the United States."
For many 1950s American families, two cars, a couple kids, and a white picket fence surrounding a lovely house in the suburbs, and a reprieve from all the "doing without" of the WWII era, all attainable on the earnings of one breadwinner, was the norm. What was not to like and how hard was it really to be president? Largely, all Eisenhower had to do was make sure the Cold War didn't go hot. He did that and the rest of what mattered to the typical American ran on "autopilot." Easy or not, Eisenhower gets credit for accomplishing it, because, let's be honest, he (or someone else) could have "screwed the pooch" just as effectively as he avoided doing so.

I guess that is the best you have to offer

Not much in the way of proving any other modern President was better than Obama

Compared to Obama, Reagan was a God

I understand you lack the background to engage in a historical discussion of modern presidents

But I guess that is the best you can do

Reagan liberated a hundred million people in Eastern Europe from the dehumanizing oppression of Soviet Communism, freed people erected statues of him. In comparison, Obama should be on the EBT card

It really does not matter.

By the end of his term, Reagan (for all his faults) was found to be a good president. History has been good to him since.

Obama can only hope.

Unfortunately for him, it looks like he'll go the way of Carter and become less popular with time.
Reagan's legacy is fading

Reaganomics destroyed the middle class

Reagan's legacy is what ????

His backbone is missed more than ever.

Reaganomics was practiced by many presidents...it isn't Reaganomics....it's a policy package.

Obamacare
Stopped a depression
Ended two wars
Expanded gay rights
Recognized Cuba
Nuclear deal with Iran

Obamacare - A bust....sucks...people don't like it.
Stopped a depression....only in your dreams.
Ended two wars....started about six more and totally destabalized the region.
The next three are of little import and meaningless.

Reagan supposedly "saved" social security. BFD

Compared to Obama, Reagan was a God

I understand you lack the background to engage in a historical discussion of modern presidents

Reagan liberated a hundred million people in Eastern Europe from the dehumanizing oppression of Soviet Communism, freed people erected statues of him. In comparison, Obama should be on the EBT card

By the end of his term, Reagan (for all his faults) was found to be a good president. History has been good to him since.

Obama can only hope.

Unfortunately for him, it looks like he'll go the way of Carter and become less popular with time.

Reaganomics was practiced by many presidents...it isn't Reaganomics....it's a policy package.
The Reagan Revolution was a house of cards that collapsed on the middle class

Obama can only hope.

No...that would be your unsupported arguments.

There was never any depression....and Obama's meddling probably hindered the recovery.

Great legacy.

Greatest, but most powerless, Boooooosh still controls almost everything

Better than Obama ?

This is why I have to start to agree that you are pure troll.

You've offered nothing up that creates a scorecard.

You simply blather about how "good Obama was".

That only works if you have some agreement on metrics or his accomplishments.

Obviously, many don't see his degradation of the U.S. as being worthwhile.

And you offer no metrics. Even your OP cherry picks what you think is good (which really isn't that good when you know what it ).

You ignore other factors that challenge your point of view.

Things like how Reagan and Clinton took bad situations and were re-elected with flying colors.......without trying.

Obama had to engage in a year long smear campaign to barely beat a weak opponent.

I have provided specific accomplishments of President Obama and offered an opportunity to show where any modern President was better

So, far....nobody has succeeded

Not true.

Unless you feel destroying our health care system was an accomplishment. Then he shines.

Keep trolling.
Obamacare will be a lasting legacy along the lines of Social Security and Medicare. If you think the healthcare system was destroyed, try to take away people's Obamacare

Easy to say when the alternative has been blown out of the water by the ACA.

Kinda hard to tout an alternative when the alternative was declared illegal.

Can you be any less meaningful ?

Obama can only hope.

There was never any depression....and Obama's meddling probably hindered the recovery.

Great legacy.

Never was a depression...we can thank Obama for that

What we did have was 750,000 job losses a month, collapsing banks and auto companies and a stock market that had lost half its value

Depression? maybe not, but as close as you dare come

Better than Obama ?

And you offer no metrics. Even your OP cherry picks what you think is good (which really isn't that good when you know what it ).

Things like how Reagan and Clinton took bad situations and were re-elected with flying colors.......without trying.

Obama had to engage in a year long smear campaign to barely beat a weak opponent.

I have provided specific accomplishments of President Obama and offered an opportunity to show where any modern President was better

Not true.

Unless you feel destroying our health care system was an accomplishment. Then he shines.

Keep trolling.
Obamacare will be a lasting legacy along the lines of Social Security and Medicare. If you think the healthcare system was destroyed, try to take away people's Obamacare

Republican alternative was let em die
After six years we are still waiting to see what Republicans would replace it with
Just repeal it and trust us to come up with something better

Obama can only hope.

Great legacy.

Never was a depression...we can thank Obama for that

What we did have was 750,000 job losses a month, collapsing banks and auto companies and a stock market that had lost half its value

Depression? maybe not, but as close as you dare come

Yep,

I've read those talking points too.

Was there a point in here.

If not, I'll simply point out that Obama took longer to get things going than past presidents (with the exception of FDR).

There was no depression out there...Obama saved nothing.

Better than Obama ?

Not true.

Keep trolling.

Republican alternative was let em die
After six years we are still waiting to see what Republicans would replace it with
Just repeal it and trust us to come up with something better

Yep,

Read those talking points too.

Now people have health insurance they can't afford to use.

Great to have more coverage that sits out there with no access.

It's dying on it's own.

Go for it

Name one and why

Any president before Obama was better, with exception of Jimmy Carter. It's a coin flip between Obama and Carter as to which is worse.

Obamacare
Stopped a depression
Ended two wars
Expanded gay rights
Recognized Cuba
Nuclear deal with Iran

Bzzzz wrong. What a pile of dung. He actually took over when we had won two wars and not only fucked those up, but blew up the entire region. Obamacare? A total failure. Nuclear deal with Iran? The entire country was against it including most members of his own party, and the jury's still out on it.

You are a delusional partisan hack.

Forum List

Back