CDZ Barack Obama...Greatest President of Modern times

I guess that is the best you have to offer

Not much in the way of proving any other modern President was better than Obama

Compared to Obama, Reagan was a God

I understand you lack the background to engage in a historical discussion of modern presidents

But I guess that is the best you can do

Reagan liberated a hundred million people in Eastern Europe from the dehumanizing oppression of Soviet Communism, freed people erected statues of him. In comparison, Obama should be on the EBT card

Reagan never liberated anyone

It was Gorbachev who oversaw the restructuring of the Soviet Union

Unfortunately....only Conservatives believe they took down the wall because of the Reagan speech

Historians attribute the collapse to decades of financial and social mismanagement

Jesus Christ! All of these pathetic lies have been debunked in countless threads since the first left wing hack posted it here. Nothing of substance that you just said is even remotely true. Obama is, as has been clearly shown by me and several others in this thread, the worst POTUS not only in modern times, but arguably in American history. You are wrong, you lost, admit it and move on.

OK...fair enough

Now it is up to you to prove these are "pathetic lies"
Correct me if 'I am wrong, but I think that was done. See post #7, by your truely. Though I did not poke holes in all of your lies, I was able to dismantle your entire foundation. Maybe you should do as PredFan said, and admit you lost and move on...
Actually, you responded with opinion based on rightwing propaganda. Steaming FAIL after every point does not support your case
Rightwing propaganda, caused 1400 lay-offs in an area of about 10k? Rightwing propaganda, caused Obama to stall and eventually shutdown the Keystone Pipeline? Rightwing propaganda, has caused companies to close their doors because they cannot afford the "Affordable Care Act"? Talk about propaganda. Liberal talking points do not sustain an arguement.
Seriously, we are talking about an entire Presidency for the entire country. 1400 layoffs in an environment where eight million jobs have been added to an economy are irrelevant
Keystone was 2000 jobs in an economy where Republicans were filibustering 100,000 jobs

Your complaints border on petty
Please stop putting words in my mouth, and acttually refute something, for a change.

I am done here, nothing more to gain. Efforts will be futile. Good bye.

I understand you lack the background to engage in a historical discussion of modern presidents

Reagan liberated a hundred million people in Eastern Europe from the dehumanizing oppression of Soviet Communism, freed people erected statues of him. In comparison, Obama should be on the EBT card

Unfortunately....only Conservatives believe they took down the wall because of the Reagan speech

Historians attribute the collapse to decades of financial and social mismanagement

Sure, they do.

Sure, they do.

Liberated people in Eastern Europe built statues to their liberator: Reagan - not decades of social mismanagement.

They wall just fell on it's own after Reagan called for its destruction.

Sure

Whatever keeps the USSR all powerful in your mind

OK...fair enough

Now it is up to you to prove these are "pathetic lies"
Correct me if 'I am wrong, but I think that was done. See post #7, by your truely. Though I did not poke holes in all of your lies, I was able to dismantle your entire foundation. Maybe you should do as PredFan said, and admit you lost and move on...
Actually, you responded with opinion based on rightwing propaganda. Steaming FAIL after every point does not support your case
Rightwing propaganda, caused 1400 lay-offs in an area of about 10k? Rightwing propaganda, caused Obama to stall and eventually shutdown the Keystone Pipeline? Rightwing propaganda, has caused companies to close their doors because they cannot afford the "Affordable Care Act"? Talk about propaganda. Liberal talking points do not sustain an arguement.
Seriously, we are talking about an entire Presidency for the entire country. 1400 layoffs in an environment where eight million jobs have been added to an economy are irrelevant
Keystone was 2000 jobs in an economy where Republicans were filibustering 100,000 jobs

Your complaints border on petty
Please stop putting words in my mouth, and acttually refute something, for a change.

I am done here, nothing more to gain. Efforts will be futile. Good bye.

Efforts to argue with progs like him are like talking to a brick wall. Just point at them and laugh, that's what I do.

Sure, they do.

Sure, they do.

Liberated people in Eastern Europe built statues to their liberator: Reagan - not decades of social mismanagement.

Sure

Sure it did....they were so afraid of Reagan they hurried up and tore down the wall

Actually, Mr Gorbachev never tore it down.....it was the people of Berlin

Sure, they do.

Sure, they do.

Sure

Sure it did....they were so afraid of Reagan they hurried up and tore down the wall

Actually, Mr Gorbachev never tore it down.....it was the people of Berlin

Yes, the people of Berlin...

reagan-memorial-axel-springer-strasse.jpg

I open this discussion with if you think President Obama is not the greatest president of modern times you have to name the president and what he accomplished that is better than Obama

Greatest, but most powerless, Boooooosh still controls almost everything

Better than Obama ?

This is why I have to start to agree that you are pure troll.

You've offered nothing up that creates a scorecard.

You simply blather about how "good Obama was".

That only works if you have some agreement on metrics or his accomplishments.

Obviously, many don't see his degradation of the U.S. as being worthwhile.

And you offer no metrics. Even your OP cherry picks what you think is good (which really isn't that good when you know what it ).

You ignore other factors that challenge your point of view.

Things like how Reagan and Clinton took bad situations and were re-elected with flying colors.......without trying.

Obama had to engage in a year long smear campaign to barely beat a weak opponent.

I have provided specific accomplishments of President Obama and offered an opportunity to show where any modern President was better

So, far....nobody has succeeded

Not true.

Unless you feel destroying our health care system was an accomplishment. Then he shines.

Keep trolling.

If he knew nothing, he'd know more than you.

Your "historical background" consists of Rachel Maddow talking points.

Show where anything I have posted corresponds to Rachel Maddow

Everything you post are Rachael Maddow talking points.

See....I did what you did. I just said it. I didn't back it up. I didn't provide sources...I just said it.

I open this discussion with if you think President Obama is not the greatest president of modern times you have to name the president and what he accomplished that is better than Obama

Better than Obama ?

And you offer no metrics. Even your OP cherry picks what you think is good (which really isn't that good when you know what it ).

Things like how Reagan and Clinton took bad situations and were re-elected with flying colors.......without trying.

Obama had to engage in a year long smear campaign to barely beat a weak opponent.

I have provided specific accomplishments of President Obama and offered an opportunity to show where any modern President was better

Not true.

Unless you feel destroying our health care system was an accomplishment. Then he shines.

Keep trolling.
Obamacare will be a lasting legacy along the lines of Social Security and Medicare. If you think the healthcare system was destroyed, try to take away people's Obamacare

See....I did what you did. I just said it. I didn't back it up. I didn't provide sources...I just said it.
Show one

Better than Obama ?

Not true.

Keep trolling.
Obamacare will be a lasting legacy along the lines of Social Security and Medicare. If you think the healthcare system was destroyed, try to take away people's Obamacare

They probably won't need to.

All indications are that it is dying on it's own.

It's real popular......:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Show one

Like I said, I already did.

It really does not matter.

By the end of his term, Reagan (for all his faults) was found to be a good president. History has been good to him since.

Obama can only hope.

Unfortunately for him, it looks like he'll go the way of Carter and become less popular with time.

It really does not matter.

By the end of his term, Reagan (for all his faults) was found to be a good president. History has been good to him since.

Obama can only hope.

Unfortunately for him, it looks like he'll go the way of Carter and become less popular with time.
Reagan's legacy is fading

Reaganomics destroyed the middle class

"Great" is quite a subjective term. So are its antonyms. For many of us, our greatness is defined by how effective we are at accomplishing that which we have attempted to achieve. For others, it's a qualitative assessment of the import of that which they did and the impact of their acts, whether by design or serendipity. And for yet others, it's a melange of those things.

Frankly, I think it's a bit soon to assert or opine on how great or not great Mr. Obama and his Presidency is. Like all Presidents before him, he has his flaws and he's got his strengths, along with failures and accomplishments.

I don't know who I'd concider the greatest since WW2, but it's not Obama by any stretch of the imagination. I can think of a couple who would be in the running; JFK, and Reagan. JFK because he handled the threat of nuclear war well enough, stood face to face with an aggressive Russia, and pushed the space program. Reagan because he was an inspirational leader, a true patriot, and helped crush communist Russia. I admit that neither of my choices were perfect but the rest of the presidents were a pretty sorry bunch.
My ranking:
1. John F Kennedy
2. Ronald Reagan
3. Dwight Eisenhower
4. Richard Nixon
5. Bill Clinton
6. George H W Bush
7. Gerald Ford
8. George Bush
9. Lyndon Johnson
10. Jimmy Carter
11. Barack Obama

Obama is by far the worst. His signature achievement, Obamacare is a disaster, his foreign policy is a joke, his economic policy has damaged the country, he has stoked the fire of racism and divided the country along racial lines and he lies about everything. The entire world is laughing at us, at least those who are'nt celebrating our downfall are.

Another failed attempt

"All of them" is a response worthy of Sarah Palin

If you think any of them are better presidents than President Obama, name the President and your rationale that makes him better
I'd like to make an argument for Lyndon Johnson. He oozed political savvy and could cudgel senators and congressmen and the American people to get what he wanted. The Voter's Rights and Civil Rights Acts of 1964 marked the end of second class citizenry for Africa Americans and, indeed, all Americans.

He gave us Medicare and Medicaide, fair housing laws, the bulk of the moon race and infrastructure funding that created jobs.

His flaw, of course, was Vietnam. But, in my opinion, LBJ was the most effective president since World War II.

"Great" is quite a subjective term. So are its antonyms. For many of us, our greatness is defined by how effective we are at accomplishing that which we have attempted to achieve. For others, it's a qualitative assessment of the import of that which they did and the impact of their acts, whether by design or serendipity. And for yet others, it's a melange of those things.

Frankly, I think it's a bit soon to assert or opine on how great or not great Mr. Obama and his Presidency is. Like all Presidents before him, he has his flaws and he's got his strengths, along with failures and accomplishments.
Greatest

Better than the rest

I don't know who I'd concider the greatest since WW2, but it's not Obama by any stretch of the imagination. I can think of a couple who would be in the running; JFK, and Reagan. JFK because he handled the threat of nuclear war well enough, stood face to face with an aggressive Russia, and pushed the space program. Reagan because he was an inspirational leader, a true patriot, and helped crush communist Russia. I admit that neither of my choices were perfect but the rest of the presidents were a pretty sorry bunch.
My ranking:
1. John F Kennedy
2. Ronald Reagan
3. Dwight Eisenhower
4. Richard Nixon
5. Bill Clinton
6. George H W Bush
7. Gerald Ford
8. George Bush
9. Lyndon Johnson
10. Jimmy Carter
11. Barack Obama

Obama is by far the worst. His signature achievement, Obamacare is a disaster, his foreign policy is a joke, his economic policy has damaged the country, he has stoked the fire of racism and divided the country along racial lines and he lies about everything. The entire world is laughing at us, at least those who are'nt celebrating our downfall are.

Another failed attempt

"All of them" is a response worthy of Sarah Palin

If you think any of them are better presidents than President Obama, name the President and your rationale that makes him better
I'd like to make an argument for Lyndon Johnson. He oozed political savvy and could cudgel senators and congressmen and the American people to get what he wanted. The Voter's Rights and Civil Rights Acts of 1964 marked the end of second class citizenry for Africa Americans and, indeed, all Americans.

He gave us Medicare and Medicaide, fair housing laws, the bulk of the moon race and infrastructure funding that created jobs.

His flaw, of course, was Vietnam. But, in my opinion, LBJ was the most effective president since World War II.
LBJ was bipolar

Great in domestic and civil rights
Horrible foreign policy

On November 13th Obama proclaimed that ISIS was defeated. The very next day ISIS kills and wounds hundreds in France.

80% of what the Worst President Ever says is a lie, 20% is stupidly wrong.

No doubt, Obama isn't just the worst POTUS ever, he's also a horrible person.

New Topics

Forum List

Back