Barack Hussein Obama

Barack Hussein Obama used it as well

As already stated. I know why you use his full name, you know why you do, and so does everybody else. From day one, Not Allowed Here.

Hey, we can all play pretend. Whatever floats your boat....:cool:

I think some have gotten ratholed into the thread title and missed the OP......

maybe we can discuss something of real substance.

like the 1.5% gdp rate for last Q and the downgrade to under 1.5 for the year? Year 3.3 of Barack Hussein Obamas term?

any thoughts on that ?

-Killing Osama Bin Laden. Bush got the master mind of 9/11 and all key people who were behind the attack
-Passing the Lilly Ledbetter Act.
-Passing the ACA. Created a new tax and against the will of the people
-Saving the Financial Industry. allowed CEO's to keep their bonuses
-Saving the Auto Industry. took control of GM and sent jobs to mexico and China
-Steady job growth. 1 job a month would be steady job growth with you obama numb nuts
-Securing the borders with National Guard. sitting in an office is not securing the border.
-Deporting Illegals at a record pace.
-Normalizing relations with our Allies. weaken relation with our allies
-SALT agreement with Russia. What did we lose
-Made BP pay to clean up their mess.
-Saved 2 journalists from North Korea.
-Killing Al Qaeda leaders and members at a record pace.
-Backed the factions that killed Mommar Gaddafi. Aided America's enemy Al Qaeda
-Middle Class and Small Business Tax cut. Bush tax cuts
-Is serious about paying down the debt. No budget since he tool office
-Brought Iraq to a successful conclusion. Followed Bush plan
-Stabilized Afghanistan.
Not Allowed Here.

Then refute.

No you!!!!!

Yes, I agree that the thread took a serious derail there or at least an unrelated siderail. Discussing the pros and cons of Osama bin Laden or KSM is relevant to an evaluation of the President only to the extent of whether he should have given such orders and/or whether he takes credit for what he himself did not do. The details of either operation are more appropriate in their own thread.

But back to Osama Hussein Obama. Every president in this modern era has to make some decisions re judicious use of the military. And yes, there is room for more than one point of view whether it is appropriate to give the order to invade another sovereign country for the purpose of assassinating somebody or whether it is appropriate to use unmanned drones to target somebody or whether we should send air cover to Lybia without Congressional approval, etc. etc. etc. Whether a President as Commamder in Chief is competent in judicious use of the military is fair game in his evaluation.

And so far, while I have not agreed with Obama on everything in that category, I can't see that he has done anything more egregious or controversial than most presidents in modern times. Has he been honest about everything he has ordered or done? No, I don't think so. But does he deserve an "F" as Commander in Chief? I don't see that either.

Now on the economy, I will give him a HUGE F minus minus minus. I can't think of anything he has done so far that has been beneficial to pull us out of the interminable economic slump we are in, and I see a whole lot of thngs he has done to prolong it and/or make it much worse than it had to be.

And so far, while I have not agreed with Obama on everything in that category, I can't see that he has done anything more egregious or controversial than most presidents in modern times. Has he been honest about everything he has ordered or done? No, I don't think so. But does he deserve an "F" as Commander in Chief? I don't see that either.

Now on the economy, I will give him a HUGE F minus minus minus. I can't think of anything he has done so far that has been beneficial to pull us out of the interminable economic slump we are in, and I see a whole lot of thngs he has done to prolong it and/or make it much worse than it had to be.

well said FF, thank you for taking the time to craft a coherent, reasoned, topical post....:beer:

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Infidel, you are wrong. We have a lot of racism in the GOP, particularly in my area of the South.

That does not mean the Dems are free of it, not by a long shot.

Experienced..????

At what, being a community organizor?

And give me a break on the race BS.... That is a myth perpetrated by Dems :eusa_hand:

We never had a President who used race for political gain until this President.

Willie Horton ring a bell?

Infidel, you are wrong. We have a lot of racism in the GOP, particularly in my area of the South.

Experienced..????

At what, being a community organizor?

And give me a break on the race BS.... That is a myth perpetrated by Dems :eusa_hand:

LBJ "I'll have those n*ggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years."

“These Negroes, they’re getting pretty uppity these days and that’s a problem for us since they’ve got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we’ve got to do something about this, we’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference. For if we don’t move at all, then their allies will line up against us and there’ll be no way of stopping them, we’ll lose the filibuster and there’ll be no way of putting a brake on all sorts of wild legislation. It’ll be Reconstruction all over again.”
–Lyndon B. Johnson

Why are some listing the "killing of terrorists" as an "accomplishment"? A few points in the flaws of this logic:

• When George W. Bush did this, he was bashed
  • Stopping terrorists is not really an "accomplishment", it's the bear minimum expectation for the job. What's he going to do, let these people attack us?
  • The President is rarely involved with the death of a terrorist. Yes, he gave the orders on Bin Laden (well done). But most of them, the trigger was pulled by our military based on predefined rules of engagement and/or orders and the president had no idea it was going on.

Bush was bashed because he didn't go after Bin Laden.

If stopping terrorists is a bare minimum expectation, then GW Bush is the biggest failure in history.

Of course Obama didn't pull the trigger himself. You can minimize Obama's involvement in getting Bin Laden, but the fact remains that Bush didn't get him in 8 years. Obama got him in 2.

I have no doubt both parties use race.

Shoot, Strom Thurmond used it when a Dem and used when a Pub.

We Don't Judge Here. Not Allowed.

“These Negroes, they’re getting pretty uppity these days and that’s a problem for us since they’ve got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we’ve got to do something about this, we’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference. For if we don’t move at all, then their allies will line up against us and there’ll be no way of stopping them, we’ll lose the filibuster and there’ll be no way of putting a brake on all sorts of wild legislation. It’ll be Reconstruction all over again.”
–Lyndon B. Johnson

:lol: Shoot, Edited. We don't Judge Here. :) Cuteness!

I have no doubt both parties use race.

Shoot, Strom Thurmond used it when a Dem and used when a Pub.

Some of you all gotta grow up here.

–Lyndon B. Johnson
Edited. We don't Judge Here. :)

I am seeing instances of a violation of the rules here. I think.

Now back ON topic:

President Obama is a fail not because of his middle name.

And he certainly isn't a fail on the basis of authorizing the strike against Osama bin Laden. It was a good call.

President Obama is a fail based on his own metric. The unemployment rate has never gotten down to as "low" as 8% in his entire tenure in Office. He once said that if he couldn't do better than that in 3 years, he would not be getting re-elected.

I think he may have finally been right about something concerning the People.

Now back ON topic:

And he certainly isn't a fail on the basis of authorizing the strike against Osama bin Laden. It was a good call.

President Obama is a fail based on his own metric. The unemployment rate has never gotten down to as "low" as 8% in his entire tenure in Office. He once said that if he couldn't do better than that in 3 years, he would not be getting re-elected.

Yes I did violate the rule of the new board sorry about that.

Now back ON topic:

On the very first day of this social experiment, I violated da rulez, too. I went back (a suggestion I had gotten) and edited. I am not known for maturity, but there's no harm, I figure, in TRYING to draw within the lines.

Now back ON topic:

On the very first day of this social experiment, I violated da rulez, too. I went back (a suggestion I had gotten) and edited. I am not known for maturity, but there's no harm, I figure, in TRYING to draw within the lines.

Well I'm not going to edit what I said after posting it. It's dishonest.

Well I'm not going to edit what I said after posting it. It's dishonest.

Nah. That's silly.

If (as an example) I had suggested that somebody was brain dead, there is no dishonesty in deleting the ad hominem nonsense in THIS particular "zone."

Doggone it, if you guys are gonna act mature, then I will as well, too.

Where I was wrong to you in this thread, my apologies.

More on Topic (to support what I said earlier about the President):

"You know, a year from now, I think people are going to see that we're starting to make some progress but there is still going to be some pain out there. If I don't have this done in three years, then there's going to be a one-term proposition." -- Barack Hussein Obama in 2009.

:clap2:

More on Topic (to support what I said earlier about the President):

"You know, a year from now, I think people are going to see that we're starting to make some progress but there is still going to be some pain out there. If I don't have this done in three years, then there's going to be a one-term proposition." -- Barack Hussein Obama in 2009.

:clap2:
Of course, the optimist that he is, he underestimated the GOP's disregard of the American people in their determined obstructionism. He foolishly expected the GOP to put country over Party when he made that statement.

Regardless, Ed, it will be one term, but the far right of the GOP are going to be in for a heck of a surprise when Romney treats them as they deserve to be treated: scantily and less.

Forum List

Back