Ban salt!

What are the "facts" Jester, that the Earth is only 6 or 10 thousand years old, and that dinosaurs and modern man existed together?
No, the facts as they truly are, particularly pertaining to US history.

Seriously, go pick up a few history books our children are being indoctrinated with in public schools. It's fucking disgusting.

Our kids school is great. They don't shove politics or religion down their throat. They teach 'em the basics. And that's the way it should be.

Oh. Sorry about that, I keep forgetting, not everyone got an education that was real. And, by that, I mean not everyone was fortunate enough to be in a school that taught genuine science, genuine history and true critical thinking.

Shit.......the school system that my ex wife learned under in TN was teaching her stuff in high school (Sophmore/Junior), that I learned in 6th grade in Montana.

Mr. Litvin was my sixth grade science teacher. Scared the fuck outta EVERYONE, including the principal.

Know what my final was? A blank, big sheet of drawing paper. He told us he'd give us the first answer and wrote C H O N.

We were then to draw the Tree of Life, with phylum, genus and species, of everything that we'd studied that year.

You're right. Matter of fact, even had that same problem sitting in the park teaching people about telepathy.......some kids were asking me questions about science that I learned as a pre-teen, and these poor kids were in high school.

You're right yet again. Know what? This is kinda scary, us being civil and shit........
Well, it's just one more sign that armageddons on the way. Or at the very least, hell's freezing over!

My personal feeling is that shoving politics or religion down the throats of kid's is just plain wrong. Both are choices. You're not born into either. And those choices are to be made through self education and exploration. I'm lutheran, my wife's catholic. We expose them to both religions, but it's up to them, when they are old enough to truly understand, to decide which way they want to go. And if they decide neither is for 'em, fine by us. Same goes for politics. I'm repub, the wifes dem. We explain the differences, and they will decide. Whatever they decide, fine by us.

What we are seeing in public schools nowadays is just plain wrong. They're teaching kids crap that is ridiculous. And they're starting to teach 'em to kids that aren't yet old enough to fathom that picking boogers, rolling them into lil' balls and flicking 'em against the wall, isn't cool or funny.

Seriously!....it's sad but true. And it has to stop. Teach 'em the basics. The rest will fall into place without the influence of schools.

Last edited:
So, what do y'all think about Banning Salt?

Well............wish that were true, but because of the last generation, which has kids in the school system now, it's not gonna happen.

Know why? The parents don't have the basics either. I think it stopped somewhere around the late 80's or early 90's.

Seems that technology is a great parent. Leave 'em in front of the television, the video game, and you're free to go wherever.

I have a friend here in Amarillo who is a great teacher. She's a music teacher and tells me the horror stories of what the parents think, and do, to their kids.

I think self esteem and telling everyone that they're all winners is bullshit. Someone loses and someone wins, that's just the way of the world. This PC bullshit that they try to place in a way to help their kids self esteem, along with the standardized tests are crap.

You really think that a farm kid in TX Panhandle is gonna have to know the same things as a kid in Brooklyn? No.......their environments are different, and therefore their education is gonna be a bit different.

Shit..........schools in TX place more importance on TX history than they do US history.

You want self esteem? It's simple........it's in the words.........do esteemable things YOURSELF.

And no.......Hell already froze over when Bush Jr. got elected. Armageddon is what we're gonna be harbingers of.

Well............wish that were true, but because of the last generation, which has kids in the school system now, it's not gonna happen.

Know why? The parents don't have the basics either. I think it stopped somewhere around the late 80's or early 90's.

Seems that technology is a great parent. Leave 'em in front of the television, the video game, and you're free to go wherever.

I have a friend here in Amarillo who is a great teacher. She's a music teacher and tells me the horror stories of what the parents think, and do, to their kids.

I think self esteem and telling everyone that they're all winners is bullshit. Someone loses and someone wins, that's just the way of the world. This PC bullshit that they try to place in a way to help their kids self esteem, along with the standardized tests are crap.

You really think that a farm kid in TX Panhandle is gonna have to know the same things as a kid in Brooklyn? No.......their environments are different, and therefore their education is gonna be a bit different.

Shit..........schools in TX place more importance on TX history than they do US history.

You want self esteem? It's simple........it's in the words.........do esteemable things YOURSELF.

And no.......Hell already froze over when Bush Jr. got elected. Armageddon is what we're gonna be harbingers of.
Can't argue with most of that.

Seriously dude, you sounded exactly like Glenn Beck there. He was saying the exact same thing in his speech a couple weeks back about the every kid gets a trophy bullshit. Parents use media means to babysit their children. Etc. Etc.

Armageddon is comin' people!...Get ready!:razz:

Can't argue with most of that.

Seriously dude, you sounded exactly like Glenn Beck there. He was saying the exact same thing in his speech a couple weeks back about the every kid gets a trophy bullshit. Parents use media means to babysit their children. Etc. Etc.

Armageddon is comin' people!...Get ready!:razz:

That is a nasty fucking insult Jester......what did I do to you?

Although, I can understand him saying that, because he's from our generation and probably had a decent education, even if the fucker is bat shit crazy.

Forum List

Back