Ban salt!

Yes, you do. When the Repubs won big in '94 in the Federal election, there was one of them that wanted to do away with the CDC, and another that wanted to do away with NOAA, because his weatherman was all he needed. Said weatherman called him and informed him that NOAA was where he got his information.

And, with only a little research, one could find in various state houses even dumber proposed actions. And they come from both sides of the aisle.

hey DUmmie! we are talking about salt here or the lack thereof.. need a notebook?

Trollish dodge, how typical. You are the hack that made this partisan when its not. thanks for showing everybody your true colors. A true, bonafide USMB hack

How ironical...

The queen of hacks calls someone a hack...

Awesome...

hey DUmmie! we are talking about salt here or the lack thereof.. need a notebook?

Trollish dodge, how typical. You are the hack that made this partisan when its not. thanks for showing everybody your true colors. A true, bonafide USMB hack

seriously, why do you bother to pretend you're not a partisan hack? you come on this site bemoaning those who insult and then in the same breath insult. you have never taken a non partisan stance on any issue. you insult constantly, yet you whine about others doing so.....

You are a liar, I most certainly have.:eusa_liar:

seriously, why do you bother to pretend you're not a partisan hack? you come on this site bemoaning those who insult and then in the same breath insult. you have never taken a non partisan stance on any issue. you insult constantly, yet you whine about others doing so.....
True that!

I like the Idea. Maybe all those stuffed shirt bloated liberals in New York will stop drinking so much WATER!.....just kidding.

No, this isn't a vast liberal conspiracy.

What it is, is some junior state congress critter who is looking to put his name on a bill so that he can get re-elected.

He figured that since salt kills so many people, preventing their deaths, as well as the costs in healthcare for treating hypertension, he's trying to jinn up some kind of law that people will remember him for.

Only trouble is......you can't just look at someone and tell if they have hypertension, except in late cases. You've got to have a blood cuff.

Nope, just some idiot who got lucky and won hisself a ticket to the state congress, and he's hoping to stay there.

Saw him interviewed on MSNBC by the way.

That was my reaction to the jerk, too. He just wanted to get his face on television. A ban on salt? People would just bring their own. Duh...

No chef worth his SALT is going to comply with this ban.

Particularly your high end chefs.

Salt brings out foods natural flavors.

This whole thing is completely asinine.

What it is, is a business killer.

The restaurant business is a tough business even in strong economic times. During these times it's gotten much tougher. Trust me, I know.

Do these politicians nowadays take any of this into consideration?

Apparently not.

the bill isn't going anywhere.... and it is stupid.

Obviously. Plus it's a proposed law for New York only, and Jester's restaurant was in California and Jester doesn't even own it anymore (so he says). So why on earth would he care?

This entire thread did exactly what it intended: Took an obscure issue with the intention of riling everyone up over government control in general.

Well........I don't think that riling up people was what he was trying to do. When he was interviewed on MSNBC, he was acting like this would be a good program to reduce healthcare costs, as well as get everyone healthy.

During the interview, he was very earnest about saving money and lives.

Well........I don't think that riling up people was what he was trying to do. When he was interviewed on MSNBC, he was acting like this would be a good program to reduce healthcare costs, as well as get everyone healthy.

During the interview, he was very earnest about saving money and lives.

I meant the person who started a thread about it.

Salt is not just a flavor enhancer. It has chemical properties that are necessary for baking and whatnot. You can't add salt to a cake after its baked. This won't pass, but then again stranger things have happened. Ex. The NJ Egg Law.

about as much as this law has to do with "liberals running amuck"

do you see any Republicans involved in this stupid shit? welldoyahuh?

Yes, you do. When the Repubs won big in '94 in the Federal election, there was one of them that wanted to do away with the CDC, and another that wanted to do away with NOAA, because his weatherman was all he needed. Said weatherman called him and informed him that NOAA was where he got his information.

And, with only a little research, one could find in various state houses even dumber proposed actions. And they come from both sides of the aisle.

Here's a gem. Texas school board is vehement about injecting more conservative views into textbooks. This isn't outrageously silly like the above examples, these people are dead serious. It's outright brainwashing.

Texas Hearing Considers Deeper Conservative Stamp on Textbooks - NYTimes.com

do you see any Republicans involved in this stupid shit? welldoyahuh?

Here's a gem. Texas school board is vehement about injecting more conservative views into textbooks. This isn't outrageously silly like the above examples, these people are dead serious. It's outright brainwashing.

It's about fucking time they did. It's about time that revisionist left wing views of history be banished once and for all from our schools. Tell our children the truth, and quit lying to 'em.

That's why we send our kids to private school. They teach the facts as they are, and not as what a bunch of lefty lunatics want to brainwash them with.

What are the "facts" Jester, that the Earth is only 6 or 10 thousand years old, and that dinosaurs and modern man existed together?

What are the "facts" Jester, that the Earth is only 6 or 10 thousand years old, and that dinosaurs and modern man existed together?
No, the facts as they truly are, particularly pertaining to US history.

Seriously, go pick up a few history books our children are being indoctrinated with in public schools. It's fucking disgusting.

Our kids school is great. They don't shove politics or religion down their throat. They teach 'em the basics. And that's the way it should be.

It's about fucking time they did. It's about time that revisionist left wing views of history be banished once and for all from our schools. Tell our children the truth, and quit lying to 'em.

That's why we send our kids to private school. They teach the facts as they are, and not as what a bunch of lefty lunatics want to brainwash them with.

so you agree with the brainwashing at your kids school because you agree with it?

No, the facts as they truly are, particularly pertaining to US history.

Seriously, go pick up a few history books our children are being indoctrinated with in public schools. It's fucking disgusting.

Our kids school is great. They don't shove politics or religion down their throat. They teach 'em the basics. And that's the way it should be.

Oh. Sorry about that, I keep forgetting, not everyone got an education that was real. And, by that, I mean not everyone was fortunate enough to be in a school that taught genuine science, genuine history and true critical thinking.

Shit.......the school system that my ex wife learned under in TN was teaching her stuff in high school (Sophmore/Junior), that I learned in 6th grade in Montana.

Mr. Litvin was my sixth grade science teacher. Scared the fuck outta EVERYONE, including the principal.

Know what my final was? A blank, big sheet of drawing paper. He told us he'd give us the first answer and wrote C H O N.

We were then to draw the Tree of Life, with phylum, genus and species, of everything that we'd studied that year.

You're right. Matter of fact, even had that same problem sitting in the park teaching people about telepathy.......some kids were asking me questions about science that I learned as a pre-teen, and these poor kids were in high school.

You're right yet again. Know what? This is kinda scary, us being civil and shit........

Forum List

Back