Ban salt!

No chef worth his SALT is going to comply with this ban.

Particularly your high end chefs.

Salt brings out foods natural flavors.

This whole thing is completely asinine.

What it is, is a business killer.

The restaurant business is a tough business even in strong economic times. During these times it's gotten much tougher. Trust me, I know.

Do these politicians nowadays take any of this into consideration?

Apparently not.

shut up willow, you sound stupid.

i hate to break the news to you, but bloomberg isn't a "liberal". he's a former republican who's now an independent. and given that about 90% of the people polled in today's NY Daily News online poll think the idea of banning salt in restaurants is dumb as toast, I'm figuring the city council isn't voting for the silly measure any time soon.

now here's a cute furry creature to help calm your nerves.

Skeleton1.jpg

Bill introduced by state assemblyman would ban the use of salt in New York restaurant cooking

Now! dingleberrry what has Bloomberg got to do wit it? huh?

about as much as this law has to do with "liberals running amuck"

Me either.
I was introduced to lox in elementary school, when my sister would come home from college and bring bagels, cream cheese and lox.

We would completely pig out.

I still do when I can get it.

But I was raised on the Oregon coast. Salmon and crab for us was like ramen noodles to poor people inland. Lox was a lovely change from the slabs of baked salmon, and chunks of smoked salmon.....

in ny you can find lox about every 20 steps... bagels, too....in between pizza places. ;)

you'd go nuts for ny bagels.

i love grilled salmon, btw.
OH I miss NY bagels :eusa_drool:

totally understand.

The restaurant business is a tough business even in strong economic times. During these times it's gotten much tougher. Trust me, I know.

Apparently not.

the bill isn't going anywhere.... and it is stupid.

Apparently not.

Pretty sure an opinion that is totally bipartisan

i hate to break the news to you, but bloomberg isn't a "liberal". he's a former republican who's now an independent. and given that about 90% of the people polled in today's NY Daily News online poll think the idea of banning salt in restaurants is dumb as toast, I'm figuring the city council isn't voting for the silly measure any time soon.

Skeleton1.jpg

Bill introduced by state assemblyman would ban the use of salt in New York restaurant cooking

do you see any Republicans involved in this stupid shit? welldoyahuh?

Apparently not.

Pretty sure an opinion that is totally bipartisan

Well, when the daily news and fox say the same thing... i'd think so

the poll numbers on the daily news speak volumes

Brooklyn Dem Felix Ortiz wants to ban use of salt in New York restaurants

Yes, you do. When the Repubs won big in '94 in the Federal election, there was one of them that wanted to do away with the CDC, and another that wanted to do away with NOAA, because his weatherman was all he needed. Said weatherman called him and informed him that NOAA was where he got his information.

And, with only a little research, one could find in various state houses even dumber proposed actions. And they come from both sides of the aisle.

Skeleton1.jpg

The legislation, which Assemblyman Felix Ortiz, D-Brooklyn, introduced on March 5, would fine restaurants $1,000 for each violation.

the bill was introduced by a democrat jillian.

Skeleton1.jpg

The legislation, which Assemblyman Felix Ortiz, D-Brooklyn, introduced on March 5, would fine restaurants $1,000 for each violation.

yeah...i saw that after. i thought it was out of the city council.

either way, it's a stupid bill.

Skeleton1.jpg

cool...and yes. i can't even imagine the bagels or pizza without salt...if my grandma was alive she would a kiniption

cool...and yes. i can't even imagine the bagels or pizza without salt...if my grandma was alive she would a kiniption

tahkeh

Yes, you do. When the Repubs won big in '94 in the Federal election, there was one of them that wanted to do away with the CDC, and another that wanted to do away with NOAA, because his weatherman was all he needed. Said weatherman called him and informed him that NOAA was where he got his information.

And, with only a little research, one could find in various state houses even dumber proposed actions. And they come from both sides of the aisle.

hey DUmmie! we are talking about salt here or the lack thereof.. need a notebook?

hey DUmmie! we are talking about salt here or the lack thereof.. need a notebook?

Trollish dodge, how typical. You are the hack that made this partisan when its not. thanks for showing everybody your true colors. A true, bonafide USMB hack

Trollish dodge, how typical. You are the hack that made this partisan when its not. thanks for showing everybody your true colors. A true, bonafide USMB hack

seriously, why do you bother to pretend you're not a partisan hack? you come on this site bemoaning those who insult and then in the same breath insult. you have never taken a non partisan stance on any issue. you insult constantly, yet you whine about others doing so.....

Forum List

Back