Baltimore Is A Democrat Mess They're Trying To Blame On The Cops

Maybe if posters would quit insulting everybody's intelligence with easily deconstructed bullshit and start being honest...

Well start deconstructing than. Fact is dem run cities are cesspools.

I live near, and used to live in, Asheville. It's a "Dem run city" (although I had to look that up, being not a partisan hack). The last several mayors, when they've had a political party at all (since none is needed to run a CITY, hello) have been Democrats. Three of the last four were women. When I moved there the mayor was not only female but black. Asheville is anything but a "cesspool". It hasn't had a race riot since the 1860s, when white people started it, and even then a minor one.

But that's got absolutely zero jack squat bupkis to do with which fucking political party the city governments came from. It has everything to do with culture and historical backdrop.

So Assville has a pop of less than 100 thousand of which only 13 percent are black.
I think you've stumbled on the truth of the matter...black democrat cities are the problem apparently.
Kind of like San Fran with it's 6% black pop.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand in come the qualifiers. "But... but ... population size! But.. but... demographics!"

Moving-The-Goalposts.jpg

:clap2: You walked right into it.
Now suddenly when the model doesn't work, it's about populations and demographics and culture. Which is what I pointed out in the first place.

DUMBASS.

Talk about walking into it...
So is it a black problem or a dem problem?
I live in a city of five million yet we dont have these problems.

What city is that?

Maybe if you had a party or at least a small BBQ you would be in a better mood.

Maybe if posters would quit insulting everybody's intelligence with easily deconstructed bullshit and start being honest...

I live near, and used to live in, Asheville. It's a "Dem run city" (although I had to look that up, being not a partisan hack). The last several mayors, when they've had a political party at all (since none is needed to run a CITY, hello) have been Democrats. Three of the last four were women. When I moved there the mayor was not only female but black. Asheville is anything but a "cesspool". It hasn't had a race riot since the 1860s, when white people started it, and even then a minor one.

But that's got absolutely zero jack squat bupkis to do with which fucking political party the city governments came from. It has everything to do with culture and historical backdrop.

City Council
Asheville City Council has the authority to:
  • Determine policy in the fields of planning, traffic, law and order, public works, finance, and recreation;
  • Appoint and remove the city manager;
  • Adopt the budget, levy taxes, collect revenues, and make appropriations;
  • Appoint and remove the city attorney and city clerk;
  • Authorize the issuance of bonds by a bond ordinance;
  • Establish administrative departments, offices and agencies;
  • Appoint members of the city boards, commissions and committees;
  • Inquire into the conduct of any office, department, or agency of the city and make investigations into municipal affairs;
  • Provide for an independent audit; and
  • Provide for the number, titles, qualifications, powers, duties, and compensation of all officers and employees of the city

Thanks Peach but you left out a few:
  • Set foreign policy and appoint ambassadors to Charlotte;
  • Regulate the airwaves;
  • Establish currency;
  • Provide a military force to defend against invaders from South Carolina;
  • Establish and maintain a judicial system;
  • Regulate banking;

Oh wait, I forgot .... those don't exist at the city level. Silly me. :D

But seriously, that's a good representation of the scope of city government. Not much more than deciding which day the trash gets picked up.

Adding the Feds duties has not proved how the city is run by with culture and historical backdrop Pogo.
The city is run by the city council which is run by their political ideologies of Democrat or Republican.
Which is -
Determine policy in the fields of planning, traffic, law and order, public works, finance, and recreation
Adopt the budget, levy taxes, collect revenues, and make appropriations

Freedom of speech for the right wingers....I wonder what it would be like to have a KKK rally down the streets of Baltimore.
Kinda like the cartoon contest in Texass.

City Council
  • Determine policy in the fields of planning, traffic, law and order, public works, finance, and recreation;
  • Inquire into the conduct of any office, department, or agency of the city and make investigations into municipal affairs;
  • Provide for the number, titles, qualifications, powers, duties, and compensation of all officers and employees of the city

• Regulate the airwaves;
  • Establish currency;
  • Regulate banking;

But seriously, that's a good representation of the scope of city government. Not much more than deciding which day the trash gets picked up.

Adding the Feds duties has not proved how the city is run by with culture and historical backdrop Pogo.
The city is run by the city council which is run by their political ideologies of Democrat or Republican.
Which is -
Determine policy in the fields of planning, traffic, law and order, public works, finance, and recreation

Tell me, what do "Republican traffic patterns" look like?
Because I know some spots that might benefit from Hope and Change.... :rofl:

Thanks again Peach. You've affirmed my point. Now if the rest of these assclowns could find the cojones to admit they've been running on a false premise.... but of course that'll never happen.

Freedom of speech for the right wingers....I wonder what it would be like to have a KKK rally down the streets of Baltimore.
Kinda like the cartoon contest in Texass.

The cartoon contest in Texas brought out that we do have ISIS here in the States, just like we said there is.
The Black Panthers are there in Baltimore just like in Ferguson.

So Assville has a pop of less than 100 thousand of which only 13 percent are black.
I think you've stumbled on the truth of the matter...black democrat cities are the problem apparently.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand in come the qualifiers. "But... but ... population size! But.. but... demographics!"

Moving-The-Goalposts.jpg

Now suddenly when the model doesn't work, it's about populations and demographics and culture. Which is what I pointed out in the first place.

DUMBASS.

What city is that?

Bzzt. Time's up. If you're in the States you live in New York, when three million people move out. There's no other way to make a "city of five million". Now tell me about who runs New York.

Dismissed.

Baltimore-Riots-3.png.cf.jpg

The mess in Baltimore is top to bottom a Democrat invention they're trying to pawn off on the police.

Riot-Plagued Baltimore Is a Catastrophe Entirely of the Democratic Party s Own Making National Review Online

"Democrats rule urban cesspools and have for decades.

No Republican, and certainly no conservative, has left so much as a thumbprint on the public institutions of Baltimore in a generation. Baltimore’s police department is, like Detroit’s economy and Atlanta’s schools, the product of the progressive wing of the Democratic party enabled in no small part by black identity politics. This is entirely a left-wing project, and a Democratic-party project.”

The Real Freddie Gray

"Freddie Gray had an extensive criminal record, and this was well known to police officers in the community. He was, in short, known to engage in unlawful criminal activity with a frequency that would in any other context be considered evidence of a notable work ethic. He had at least 18 arrests in the ~8 years between 2007 and his death in 2015 -- and it is worth keeping in mind that the only reason his arrest record here begins in only in 2007 is that prior arrests would be sealed as juvenile records.

It is also notable that although Gray’s early arrests were apparently confined to drug offenses, in later years he began to be charged with acts of violence, including several charges on differing dates of second-degree assault, as well as burglary.

In addition, the neighborhood where the arrest occurred is known more generally for being a high-crime area, and so the police would be expected to be particularly attuned for indications of criminal conduct.

In this context the police observe well-known criminal Gray acting in a manner that they perceive as noteworthy. The police begin to approach Gray, a form of police conduct that requires no particular legal justification at least until an actual interaction has begun. Observing the police approach, Gray substantially increases the suspiciousness of his conduct by fleeing the officers."
Articles The Great American Traveling Riot Circus
What we're seeing in Baltimore was an example of urban decay from decades of liberal progressive policies.

Political philosophies don't enter into managing a local level government. There's nothing "right" or "left" about whether the trash gets picked up on Tuesday versus Wednesday.

It's stupefying that you partisan hacknoids just keep running the same play thinking it will work this time.

Urban issues are sociocultural -- not political. You clowns continually running this noise generator in this juvenile political football game scoreboard are just prolonging the problems and feeding division.

the facts prove you wrong. Baltimore (and Detroit, Cleveland, New Orleans, Philly, Newark) have been run by democrats, liberals, minorities, and unions for years. The mess those cities are in is the direct result of failed liberal policies, corrupt unions, and democrap philosophies.

Sorry dude, but that facts are what they are.

Once again, you can keep repeating the same meme over and over and over; without demonstration of why the theory works it's nothing more than an empty fallacy of Affirming the Consequent.

Do you assclowns not know what that means?

"Yesterday the bank was robbed at 3:24 pm.
Mr. Smith was seen parking his car outside the bank at 3:22 pm.
Therefore, Mr. Smith robbed the bank."

Doesn't work on this planet. Coincidence does not equal causation. Sorry if that gets in the way of the Eliminationist black-whte dichotomy crusade to polarize and demonize on the basis of hypersimplified hackery you bereft-of-imagination parrots parrot, but that's just the way it is. When you can't prove your point ... you ain't got one.

I responded to your whining about nobody being willing to show how Democrats running cities differ from Republicans running them by giving the example of their different approaches to education...and what did you do, Pogo? You totally ignored that post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So shut the fuck up about the "empty fallacy of Affirming the Consequent"! You rant about nobody being able to answer your queries but when someone does you pretend their post doesn't exist.

Dafuck dood? You posted that in the wee hours of the morning. Sorry I do not stay up all night just because Someone is Wrong on the Internet. Even now I'm not caught up yet on my alerts. The world doesn't revolve around you, dood.

What about these "different approaches to education"? What are they? And how do they produce riots, slums, criminal violence etc? What does a city run by Party A do differently than a city run by Party B?

Did you want to address how the Democratic Party's being owned by the Teacher's Unions has led to our public school systems being an utter cluster fuck? How Democrats vote to prevent funding for Charter Schools and vouchers for private schools because that's what the Teacher's Unions tell them to do? Do you want to address how those same teachers don't give a damn about our kids getting a quality education if it means that they would no longer have a monopoly on education? Or are you going to whine about how you can't get "caught up" some more while you do your best to ignore the point I've made?

Race isn't the issue in Baltimore. It's a Democratic mayor for the last 50 years, it's an all Democratic city council, it's a Democratic prosecutor, it's a Democrat police chief.

It's a Democratic issue as it has been in Detroit.

Again, another restatement of the same meme without demonstration. Yawn.
Yawn.

And again another failure to answer.

Why can't you asswipes just man up and admit that your entire premise is a house of cards?

Why don't YOU answer my post?

City Council

• Regulate the airwaves;
  • Establish currency;
  • Regulate banking;

Which is -

Thanks again Peach. You've affirmed my point. Now if the rest of these assclowns could find the cojones to admit they've been running on a false premise.... but of course that'll never happen.

What do you do Pogo have selective reading like some people who have selective hearing?
Do you read only a few chosen words and ignore the rest?
They Adopt the budget, levy taxes, collect revenues.

You are also ignoring the question of how the city is run by culture and historical backdrop.

Political philosophies don't enter into managing a local level government. There's nothing "right" or "left" about whether the trash gets picked up on Tuesday versus Wednesday.

It's stupefying that you partisan hacknoids just keep running the same play thinking it will work this time.

Urban issues are sociocultural -- not political. You clowns continually running this noise generator in this juvenile political football game scoreboard are just prolonging the problems and feeding division.

the facts prove you wrong. Baltimore (and Detroit, Cleveland, New Orleans, Philly, Newark) have been run by democrats, liberals, minorities, and unions for years. The mess those cities are in is the direct result of failed liberal policies, corrupt unions, and democrap philosophies.

Once again, you can keep repeating the same meme over and over and over; without demonstration of why the theory works it's nothing more than an empty fallacy of Affirming the Consequent.

Doesn't work on this planet. Coincidence does not equal causation. Sorry if that gets in the way of the Eliminationist black-whte dichotomy crusade to polarize and demonize on the basis of hypersimplified hackery you bereft-of-imagination parrots parrot, but that's just the way it is. When you can't prove your point ... you ain't got one.

I responded to your whining about nobody being willing to show how Democrats running cities differ from Republicans running them by giving the example of their different approaches to education...and what did you do, Pogo? You totally ignored that post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So shut the fuck up about the "empty fallacy of Affirming the Consequent"! You rant about nobody being able to answer your queries but when someone does you pretend their post doesn't exist.

Dafuck dood? You posted that in the wee hours of the morning. Sorry I do not stay up all night just because Someone is Wrong on the Internet. Even now I'm not caught up yet on my alerts. The world doesn't revolve around you, dood.

What about these "different approaches to education"? What are they? And how do they produce riots, slums, criminal violence etc? What does a city run by Party A do differently than a city run by Party B?

Did you want to address how the Democratic Party's being owned by the Teacher's Unions has led to our public school systems being an utter cluster fuck? How Democrats vote to prevent funding for Charter Schools and vouchers for private schools because that's what the Teacher's Unions tell them to do? Do you want to address how those same teachers don't give a damn about our kids getting a quality education if it means that they would no longer have a monopoly on education? Or are you going to whine about how you can't get "caught up" some more while you do your best to ignore the point I've made?

It isn't just about the Teacher Union that tells them what to do, it's also about the money that they get from them.

Did you want to address how the Democratic Party's being owned by the Teacher's Unions has led to our public school systems being an utter cluster fuck? How Democrats vote to prevent funding for Charter Schools and vouchers for private schools because that's what the Teacher's Unions tell them to do?

No, because it ain't my job to feed your strawman. I actually know some teachers, intimately, and this doesn't strike a true tone at all. If not for wackos on boards like this I would have never heard of the idea. What does that tell you...

Do you want to address how those same teachers don't give a damn about our kids getting a quality education if it means that they would no longer have a monopoly on education? Or are you going to whine about how you can't get "caught up" some more while you do your best to ignore the point I've made?

Again, see above. Your posting wacko generalization fallacies on the internet doesn't suddenly breathe life into them. Even Dr. Frankenstein needed a spark.

Race isn't the issue in Baltimore. It's a Democratic mayor for the last 50 years, it's an all Democratic city council, it's a Democratic prosecutor, it's a Democrat police chief.

Yawn.

Why can't you asswipes just man up and admit that your entire premise is a house of cards?

Just did. Again.

City Council

• Regulate the airwaves;
  • Establish currency;
  • Regulate banking;

Which is -

What do you do Pogo have selective reading like some people who have selective hearing?
Do you read only a few chosen words and ignore the rest?
They Adopt the budget, levy taxes, collect revenues.

Of course they do. As does every municipality or governmental entity.

---- And???

How is that a "Democratic" or "Republican" thing to do?

You are also ignoring the question of how the city is run by culture and historical backdrop.

I actually brought that up at the beginning, and I didn't say it's "run by" culture and historical context; I said the character and challenges of cities, like anywhere else, are defined by their culture and historical context. Not by whatever political party's running it -- if a political party's running it at all. Go look up some urban histories like I just did for Asheville and New York -- there have been a whole lot of mayors and city councillors who had no political party at all. Because that level of ideology simply does not function at that level.

A few pages back before HereWeGoAgain There-he-ran-away-again ran away, I posed this question, which he never touched:

You have any clue in the world what the purpose is of the instrument we call a "political party"?

I'll give you a hint -- it's got nothing to do with ideology.

The function of a political party is to acquire power. That's it. Waiter, check please.

It organizes and pools resources to channel power to itself. If you're electing a President or a Senator, that candidate's ideology matters, since he or she will be in a position to use it. When you're deciding whether a neighborhood gets its trash collected on Wednesday or Friday, that's not really in play.

Political parties provide a machine. What does it tell us that Baltimore (and virtually every big city) is dominated by Democrats and suburban/rural areas by Republicans? It tells us which party has a superior machine in each setting.

That's it. End of story.

This endless mindless political scoreboard game of scoring points for "my party" and penalty points for "your party" is partisan hack bullshit engineered by gadfly shit-stirrers whose only purpose is to divide and polarize. Fuck that.

Last edited:

Did you want to address how the Democratic Party's being owned by the Teacher's Unions has led to our public school systems being an utter cluster fuck? How Democrats vote to prevent funding for Charter Schools and vouchers for private schools because that's what the Teacher's Unions tell them to do?

No, because it ain't my job to feed your strawman. I actually know some teachers, intimately, and this doesn't strike a true tone at all. If not for wackos on boards like this I would have never heard of the idea. What does that tell you...

Do you want to address how those same teachers don't give a damn about our kids getting a quality education if it means that they would no longer have a monopoly on education? Or are you going to whine about how you can't get "caught up" some more while you do your best to ignore the point I've made?

Again, see above. Your posting wacko generalization fallacies on the internet doesn't suddenly breathe life into them. Even Dr. Frankenstein needed a spark.

Yawn.

Just did. Again.

So your "response" to someone actually bringing up a difference between how Democrats and Republicans govern is declare it a "strawman" and refuse to discuss it? I'm sorry to break this to you, Pogo but you're an intellectual "poser"!

You "know" some teachers "intimately" and what I've pointed out doesn't ring true to you? I WAS a teacher and it rings COMPLETELY true to me! So either explain why the Democrats selling out to the teacher's unions hasn't hurt education in this country or admit that you don't know a damn thing about the issue and call it a day!

Moving-The-Goalposts.jpg

DUMBASS.

What city is that?

Bzzt. Time's up. If you're in the States you live in New York, when three million people move out. There's no other way to make a "city of five million". Now tell me about who runs New York.

Dismissed.

By city alone, only New York City has over 5,000,000.
By metropolitan area, 12 US cities have over 5 million, they include (not in any particular order) New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Philadelphia, Dallas, San Francisco, Detroit, Boston, Washington DC, Atlanta, and Miami.

snip:
Obama Says A “Tragic History” Led To Riots In Baltimore…

“Tragic history” = A city with only Democrat mayors since 1967.

Via Business Insider

President Barack Obama addressed the unrest in Baltimore that occurred in the aftermath of the death of Freddie Gray, the African American male who died April 19 from a fatal injury to his spine while he was in police custody.

The president spoke at Lehman College in New York City on Monday to promote the “My Brother’s Keeper” initiative, a mentoring program for boys and young men of color. During the speech, Obama lamented what he described as the “tragic history in this country that has made it tougher for some.”

Obama pointed to the “sense of unfairness and powerless of people not hearing their voices, that’s helped fueled some of the protest we’ve seen in places like Baltimore, and Ferguson and right here in New York.”[…]

Obama highlighted the importance of the task force on community policing, formed by the White House in the wake of 2014 protests against the police-involved deaths of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo. and Eric Garner in New York.

“I’m interested in responsibility and I’m interested in results.”

The president started the My Brother’s Keeper intiative in February 2014.

On Monday, he announced the creation of My Brother’s Keeper Alliance, a non-profit organization that will carry out the mission of the original White House effort.

ALL of it here
Weasel Zippers Scouring the bowels of the internet Weasel Zippers

It isn't just about the Teacher Union that tells them what to do, it's also about the money that they get from them.

Is education better in states where the teacher's unions are weaker?

snip:

Via Business Insider

President Barack Obama addressed the unrest in Baltimore that occurred in the aftermath of the death of Freddie Gray, the African American male who died April 19 from a fatal injury to his spine while he was in police custody.

The president spoke at Lehman College in New York City on Monday to promote the “My Brother’s Keeper” initiative, a mentoring program for boys and young men of color. During the speech, Obama lamented what he described as the “tragic history in this country that has made it tougher for some.”

Obama pointed to the “sense of unfairness and powerless of people not hearing their voices, that’s helped fueled some of the protest we’ve seen in places like Baltimore, and Ferguson and right here in New York.”[…]

Obama highlighted the importance of the task force on community policing, formed by the White House in the wake of 2014 protests against the police-involved deaths of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo. and Eric Garner in New York.

On Monday, he announced the creation of My Brother’s Keeper Alliance, a non-profit organization that will carry out the mission of the original White House effort.

ALL of it here

Yup, another 'Task Force.' It'll work this time. Man the reality is, the Democrats have destroyed another once great city. But i'm sure his new 'Task Force' is gonna fix things. What's the definition of insanity? :cuckoo:

Yawn.

Just did. Again.

So your "response" to someone actually bringing up a difference between how Democrats and Republicans govern is declare it a "strawman" and refuse to discuss it? I'm sorry to break this to you, Pogo but you're an intellectual "poser"!

You "know" some teachers "intimately" and what I've pointed out doesn't ring true to you? I WAS a teacher and it rings COMPLETELY true to me! So either explain why the Democrats selling out to the teacher's unions hasn't hurt education in this country or admit that you don't know a damn thing about the issue and call it a day!

Yuh huh. I was a brain surgeon too.

Is education better in states where the teacher's unions are weaker?

The question you should be asking is whether education is better in places that allow Charter Schools and private school vouchers and if so...then why would any politician oppose those things?

snip:

Via Business Insider

ALL of it here

Yup, another 'Task Force.' It'll work this time. Man the reality is, the Democrats have destroyed another once great city. But i'm sure his new 'Task Force' is gonna fix things. What's the definition of insanity? :cuckoo:

yep, and this new " My brothers keeper" I guess was called out as being racist. so we got this TODAY from the midget woman who pulls Obambam's strings

SNIP:
Valerie Jarrett: Obama’s “My Brothers Keeper” Campaign Isn’t Just For Blacks, “For All Americans To Recognize That ‘My Neighbor’s Child Is My Child'”…

all of it here:
Valerie Jarrett Obama s My Brothers Keeper Campaign Isn t Just For Blacks For All Americans To Recognize That My Neighbor s Child Is My Child Weasel Zippers

Forum List

Back