Baltimore cop drags black teen out of his home without a warrant: ‘That don’t matter’

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Baltimore cop drags black teen out of his home without a warrant: ‘That don’t matter’

Baltimore police came under criticism on Monday after footage surfaced of a white officer pulling an 18-year-old black teen out of his doorway on Saturday while apparently disregarding the lack of a search warrant.

The Baltimore Sun reported that authorities opted not to pursue disorderly conduct charges against Tionne Jones, who is seen in the video telling an unidentified black officer he cannot enter the home without a search warrant.

The officer repeatedly asks to speak to the homeowner, later identified as Jones’ mother, India Epps. But Jones tells him that he lives there and that she is working. The argument continues until the unidentified white officer pulls up to the home and walks to the door without speaking to anyone.

“This is my house,” Jones says.

“That don’t matter,” the officer replies before grabbing him.

Police said in a statement that the encounter began after an officer spotted another teen — Antonio McLaurin, who filmed the encounter — trying to enter the home through both the back door and a window. McLaurin lives in the home with Jones and Epps.

“We have received calls from the community about issues surrounding activity in this home,” the statement read.

However, the state chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union defended Jones’ refusal as being legitimate.

“If they don’t want police in their house, then they shouldn’t let the police in their house, and they shouldn’t let the police intimidate them into letting them into their house,” ACLU attorney David Rocah said. “What’s troubling with this video is the people seem to be exercising their rights, and the arrest seems to be for them exercising their rights.”

Epps told WBFF-TV that while Jones was released the day after the incident, watching the video was heartbreaking for her.

“I was rattled. I was startled,” she said. “And, although we see this daily, it’s almost as though police brutality is becoming the norm.”

McLaurin’s mother, retired police officer Tawanda McLaurin, was also upset by the video, saying that she “treated people as humans” while serving with the department.

“He said to me, ‘This could have been another Freddie Gray incident,'” she said. “You know, as a retired officer, how that made me feel?”

Tuesday will mark one year to the day since the death of Freddie Gray following his arrest, an incident that sparked protests within the city.

*****Left out of the OPs rant:

Baltimore police were called to the residence by neighbors reporting numerous people coming and going all day and drugs being sold out of the home.

They arrived and saw this person peeping into the windows and pulling on a locked door....as if trying to get inside. When they confronted him....he said he lives there and wouldn't let them go to the door to try to speak to anyone inside who may verify this.

And no....they don't need a warrant to do any of that.
www.baltimoresun.com

It's amazing how misleading you cop haters can be.

BUT HEY.....soon when citizens see suspicious people trying to get into a locked home....and police come....the possible intruders can simply say "This is my house".

And the cops will immediately say "Oh...I'm so sorry good sir...I was unaware this is your home....I shall immediately leave and good day to you sir".

*****Left out of the OPs rant:

Baltimore police were called to the residence by neighbors reporting numerous people coming and going all day and drugs being sold out of the home.

That has nothing to do with the polices actions. I'll let the police tell you:

Baltimore police investigating arrest after video lands online

T.J. Smith, a police spokesman, said the department's "executive team met to discuss this issue and the circumstances surrounding the arrest," and determined that criminal charges against Jones "were not appropriate in this situation." It contacted the Baltimore state's attorney's office to share that assessment, while continuing its internal review of the actions of the lieutenant and officer, who were not identified.

Here I'll let the someone who knows the facts tell you again:

Rochelle Ritchie, a spokeswoman for State's Attorney Marilyn J. Mosby, said Monday that after "a careful review of the incident," prosecutors agreed with police "that it was not appropriate to bring charges in this matter."

Here I'll let you hear from his mother who wore the Uniform also:

McLaurin's mother, Tawanda McLaurin — a retired Baltimore police officer — said she watched the video and was "very disappointed in Baltimore City" and "ashamed" that she was once part of the same police organization.

She said she teaches her son to respect the police and what officers do for the community, and would come down hard on him if he were in the wrong. But from what she saw in the video, she said, it was the police officers who mishandled the situation.

"I wore the uniform, I did this job, but I treated people as humans," she said. "I'm hurt. It's hard to describe."

So Bucs, which ends justify the means excuse will you be presenting today?

The "I thought something was wrong so I violated laws for the greater good"? Or the "Hey you never know so its best to arrest people for no reason because anyone can be a criminal"?

Time for a little Ferguson effect. If the neighbors don't like drug dealers next door they can take care of it themselves.

This story has nothing to do with drugs at all. Put your hood back on and GFY
So the police weren't called because neighbors saw drugs being dealt out of the house! Why did it say so then?

No. Nowhere in the article does it say anyone saw any drugs at all. Now put your hood back on and get back to the cross burning

Time for a little Ferguson effect. If the neighbors don't like drug dealers next door they can take care of it themselves.

ClosedCaption it takes all of about 2 minutes to prove you wrong. We start by searching these stories through the local legitimate media of that area....the Baltimore Sun....who clearly say in their story the cops came because the neighbors reported possible drug activity at the home.

It's the SAME LINK you gave....but you cut out the parts about drug activity.

God damn you're pathetic. And this is from mainstream media...who are NOT pro-cop.

ClosedCaption it takes all of about 2 minutes to prove you wrong. We start by searching these stories through the local legitimate media of that area....the Baltimore Sun....who clearly say in their story the cops came because the neighbors reported possible drug activity at the home.

God damn you're pathetic. And this is from mainstream media...who are NOT pro-cop.

But there were no drugs there at all. So that still doesnt explain the incident. You are simply giving reasons why they were there.

But there were no drugs there at all. So that still doesnt explain the incident. You are simply giving reasons why they were there.

They were there to "investigate". You don't know what is or isn't there until you....well....show up and look into the situation. If you can invent the way to find out what's going on at a place without actually having to...well...investigate then please inform me because I'll invest and we'll get rich!!!

See....that whole "protect and serve" part....well....the citizens of Baltimore were calling for help dealing with what they said was a drug house. And unknown persons were seen peeping into windows and trying to open locked doors.

So they come and are met by an uncooperative and unidentified person who was trying to stop them from speaking to the homeowner.

See??? It's so different when you say it without trying to smear the cops.

BUT HEY.....how about from now on....cops pause to get a warrant before responding to EVERY single call. Only takes an hour or two. So EVERY call they can tell the caller "Ok ma'am we'll be there in about 2 hours with a warrant".

They were there to "investigate".

Yes, they werent there to break into peoples houses and make false arrests. Thats the point

Interfering with an investigation isn't legal.

The Baltimore Police are simply tossing this arrest aside to quell anger. Not a bad move. We don't need more riots.

And breaking in requires criminal intent. Entering to investigate a possible exigent circumstances crime is not the same.

As I've said before....dont debate me on this topic boy. I'm out of your league.

There are a number of things that arent legal. And none of them were done here.

They made false arrests and you keep trying to tell everyone its ok because they meant well

There are a number of things that arent legal. And none of them were done here.

They made false arrests and you keep trying to tell everyone its ok because they meant well

So when they tried to go knock on the door to speak to the homeowner to verify if a crime was happening or not....and if he was actually a resident there.....and he blocked them from doing so.....is that interference???? The NFL would throw a flag is a pass was involved.

And did he positively identify himself or just claim he lives there? Any criminal can claim they live at the place they are breaking into

The cops cant enter you home without a warrant. No crime was committed and as proof the police said the arrest charges were phony.

Do you have anything else? Or are you just going to keep saying they were right because they felt they were right?

The cops cant enter you home without a warrant. No crime was committed and as proof the police said the arrest charges were phony.

Do you have anything else? Or are you just going to keep saying they were right because they felt they were right?

They cant??? Ever???

Forum List

Back