LGBT "Community"?

Tom Horn

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2015
NEARBY
Wait, I now understand a "Q" has been added so it's "LGBTQ" now. :lol: It's a free country (at least it used to be) so they can call themselves anything they please. But it seems for marketing purposes they should try to consolidate their letters into a single word....like "Cher" maybe....I'm sure that old bat would be thrilled. But my question is about them using the word "community". That gives the impression they all know each other and maybe go bowling on Friday nights. In the past, organizations comprised of addicts and oddballs called themselves something or other "anonymous" right? They didn't like themselves and joined together to stop being what they were. But this group doesn't want anonymity...just the opposite...they seem to want all the publicity they can get. And they not only don't want to change, they want to add to their ranks. Weird eh?
huh.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-7757-1355946789-2.gif

Community can mean many things. It doesn't mean you know everyone in the "community". It's inclusion. They often add "friends" too.

It's LBGTQIF do keep up.

Community isn't technically correct. It should be tribe. A community lives in proximity. Tribal members can be anywhere.

Community can mean many things. It doesn't mean you know everyone in the "community". It's inclusion. They often add "friends" too.

"inclusion" eh? :badgrin:
Yeah, inclusion. Do you have any LGBTQ friends?
More than likely .

So how about it....you gonna start calling yourself "Cher" or not?
Why would I want to do that I'm not a woman or gay, you just wish I was .

Wait, I now understand a "Q" has been added so it's "LGBTQ" now. :lol: It's a free country (at least it used to be) so they can call themselves anything they please. But it seems for marketing purposes they should try to consolidate their letters into a single word....like "Cher" maybe....I'm sure that old bat would be thrilled. But my question is about them using the word "community". That gives the impression they all know each other and maybe go bowling on Friday nights. In the past, organizations comprised of addicts and oddballs called themselves something or other "anonymous" right? They didn't like themselves and joined together to stop being what they were. But this group doesn't want anonymity...just the opposite...they seem to want all the publicity they can get. And they not only don't want to change, they want to add to their ranks. Weird eh?
huh.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-7757-1355946789-2.gif

Whining about this pretty gay.

Forum List

Back