Avengers: Endgame

An amazing movie. Everybody who has invested time in the MCU for the past 10 years won't be disappointed. It's a much darker movie than the others, but to be expected given the premise. After three hours I could see myself sitting through another three if it was longer.
It's funny how the super hero comics I grew up on are now the super hero phenomenon of today.
Not only that, but they’re so diverse. There’s not only the aliens of all the different colors shapes and sizes, but there’s also women superheroes and women villains and African-American heroes and villains and Hispanics and even gays and lesbians.
On the Supergirl show on TV there’s even a transgender hero.

Is the diversity in the comic books following what’s going on in society or are they indicators of what’s coming next in society?
there have always been aliens of different colors and sizes and shapes
and woman superheros as far back as the 1950's......

An amazing movie. Everybody who has invested time in the MCU for the past 10 years won't be disappointed. It's a much darker movie than the others, but to be expected given the premise. After three hours I could see myself sitting through another three if it was longer.
It's funny how the super hero comics I grew up on are now the super hero phenomenon of today.
Not only that, but they’re so diverse. There’s not only the aliens of all the different colors shapes and sizes, but there’s also women superheroes and women villains and African-American heroes and villains and Hispanics and even gays and lesbians.

Is the diversity in the comic books following what’s going on in society or are they indicators of what’s coming next in society?
Black panther was a awful movie,, very dividing,, the feminist attitude the woman portrayed was bad in this movie. American culture does
Not assimilate like this movie portrayed..

Black panther was a awful movie,, very dividing,, the feminist attitude the woman portrayed was bad in this movie. American culture does

Your complaint is that you don't think the superhero movie was an accurate portrayal of American culture?

Wakanda was supposed to have American culture?...

I hope that "this movie" was meant to indicate Endgame. That was poorly written lol.

I’m saying showing them like that was bad.. and divisive

are you scared of strong women?.....

Showing who, like what, was bad? Specifically?

I don't understand the luster for this movie.
Painfully drawn out and in desperate need of editing.
And the premise of the entire movie reminded me of the old TV Batman series...Batman would always win due to some fantastically unrealistic set of circumstances.
Tony Stark, out of boredom more than anything in just a few days "discovers" how to time travel. WOW - gee that is so realistic.
FFS.
A sad end to a damn good series.

True.

Another stupid moment is Pepper...the woman who has spent the last decade bitching about the Ironman suits...suddenly out of nowhere fights along side the Avengers in an Ironman suit just so they can do some stupid girl power shot at some random point.

True.

Another stupid moment is Pepper...the woman who has spent the last decade bitching about the Ironman suits...suddenly out of nowhere fights along side the Avengers in an Ironman suit just so they can do some stupid girl power shot at some random point.

Pepper has been bitching about the Iron Man suits for the last decade? You must have been watching a different MCU than I have. She wasn't even in a Marvel movie between 2013 (Iron Man 3) and 2017 (Spider Man Homecoming). And what she was unhappy about in Iron Man 3, so far as I know based on what the director and writer have said, is that Stark's obsession with his suits was getting in the way of their relationship.

And the premise of the entire movie reminded me of the old TV Batman series...Batman would always win due to some fantastically unrealistic set of circumstances.
Tony Stark, out of boredom more than anything in just a few days "discovers" how to time travel. WOW - gee that is so realistic.
FFS.

Which Marvel movies have had the heroes win because of particularly realistic circumstances? :p

The technology in these movies has always been ridiculous. And didn't Stark use some previous research or knowledge to figure out time travel? I don't remember just how it went. ;)

FFS.

Which Marvel movies have had the heroes win because of particularly realistic circumstances? :p

The technology in these movies has always been ridiculous. And didn't Stark use some previous research or knowledge to figure out time travel? I don't remember just how it went. ;)
Of course, but it still has to be believable while you are watching it. We all suspend reality, but no one wants to have to struggle doing it.

FFS.

Of course, but it still has to be believable while you are watching it. We all suspend reality, but no one wants to have to struggle doing it.

I think Endgame did fine in the context of the MCU. I only watched it once, so I could be wrong, but I don't remember the movie having a lot of issues within that context.

I thought Infinity War needed editing far more than Endgame, at least as far as visuals are concerned.

True.

Pepper has been bitching about the Iron Man suits for the last decade? You must have been watching a different MCU than I have. She wasn't even in a Marvel movie between 2013 (Iron Man 3) and 2017 (Spider Man Homecoming). And what she was unhappy about in Iron Man 3, so far as I know based on what the director and writer have said, is that Stark's obsession with his suits was getting in the way of their relationship.
Tony Stark destroyed all of his suits and gave up being Ironman (for awhile) for her because she constantly bitched about it. Now I’m supposed to believe she wants to fight in one? Or even knows how to for that matter? Nope that was totally contrived for a “ girl power “ scene.

True.

That was insanely heavy handed and stupid. If they want to do some woman empowerment, then DO some.

True.

That was insanely heavy handed and stupid. If they want to do some woman empowerment, then DO some.
That’s what all of the Disney and Marvel stuff is going to be for the next 2/3 years unfortunately. But ...at least I will be saving money from Movies I would normally see two/ three times at the theatre and now am not even going to be remotely interested in.

True.

That’s what all of the Disney and Marvel stuff is going to be for the next 2/3 years unfortunately. But ...at least I will be saving money from Movies I would normally see two/ three times at the theatre and now am not even going to be remotely interested in.
Yep... Netflix has a new sci-fi series called "Another Life"... in the 1st episode the newly appointed captain is a woman. Fine.. no problems there. But then there is a scene where the previous captain (male) tries to kill her. They get into an epic fight beating each other back and forth and in the end she wins.
Nevermind that he outweighs her by prolly 50 lbs. is a male, and is a lifelong military soldier. She is a desk jockey.
yeah...that was realistic.
We haven't watched anymore, it was kid of cheesy and not well acted anyway.

Forum List

Back