Avengers: Endgame

So I went to see end game and I'll give it a C

This movie as all movies involving time travel had too many glaring paradoxes.

The worst IMO was Thanos himself.

Thanos jumped forward in time from a point before Infinity War when he had none of the infinity stones.

Now if he jumped forward from that point he would not have been able to acquire all the stones and snap his fingers to wipe out half of all life so everything that set up End Game would not have happened

Time travel always has issues. I thought Endgame did a very good job of avoiding most of the time travel problems. And the movie also made it pretty clear that time travel would not change a timeline.

Just because they say that doesn't fix the paradoxes

If the reality of the story makes your complaint not a paradox, then yes, it does. :)

Possibly my favorite part of the MCU was their handling of Hawkeye and Black Widow. They managed to have the only team members with no powers the most interesting story arc in the movies.

Possibly my favorite part of the MCU was their handling of Hawkeye and Black Widow. They managed to have the only team members with no powers the most interesting story arc in the movies.

It's still really annoying when they end up fighting the same enemies that Hulk and Thor do. :lol:

When you think about it they have more natural talent than anybody on the team. It's like Batman. The thing that makes him so badass is that he has to make up for not having powers with natural talent, making him the best member of the Justice League.

It's still really annoying when they end up fighting the same enemies that Hulk and Thor do. :lol:

When you think about it they have more natural talent than anybody on the team. It's like Batman. The thing that makes him so badass is that he has to make up for not having powers with natural talent, making him the best member of the Justice League.

I hate seeing Batman fighting the same creatures the rest of the JL do. ;) Batman should make the plans, do the investigating, and leave the pitched battles to the super powered heroes. If something requires Superman to fight it, Batman is ridiculously out of his physical league.

I understand that that is how comic book teams work, and I can mostly ignore it, but any time I think about it at all, I find it laughable. If Thanos can stand toe to toe with Hulk, Thor, and Captain Marvel, he should brush past Captain America as though he isn't there. The physical power levels just aren't anywhere close. But the writers want Cap to have his scene showing off he resolve, so he gets to stop Thanos for a minute. :D

"Batman is The most dangerous man on Earth"<<<quote from Supes himself....

I hate seeing Batman fighting the same creatures the rest of the JL do. ;) Batman should make the plans, do the investigating, and leave the pitched battles to the super powered heroes. If something requires Superman to fight it, Batman is ridiculously out of his physical league.

I understand that that is how comic book teams work, and I can mostly ignore it, but any time I think about it at all, I find it laughable. If Thanos can stand toe to toe with Hulk, Thor, and Captain Marvel, he should brush past Captain America as though he isn't there. The physical power levels just aren't anywhere close. But the writers want Cap to have his scene showing off he resolve, so he gets to stop Thanos for a minute. :D

For the sake of story they will always let the less powerful, but more popular characters save the day. One of my favorite scenes in Infinity War was when Cap held back Thanos' punch. The same guy clobbered the Hulk with only gem.

An amazing movie. Everybody who has invested time in the MCU for the past 10 years won't be disappointed. It's a much darker movie than the others, but to be expected given the premise. After three hours I could see myself sitting through another three if it was longer.
Watched it last night. Probably my favorite marvel movie yet. Infinity war was right behind it although it ticked me off when they killed spiderman and not rhodey the faggot

For the sake of story they will always let the less powerful, but more popular characters save the day. One of my favorite scenes in Infinity War was when Cap held back Thanos' punch. The same guy clobbered the Hulk with only gem.

I kind of hated it when Cap caught Thanos's punch in Infinity War lol. :)

You call him Cap?!

Evangeline-Lilly-Wasp-e1534350117516.png

You call him Cap?!

Evangeline-Lilly-Wasp-e1534350117516.png

The two Ant Man movies were pretty good.....

I enjoyed the movie.

I don't go to movies like this to tear them apart, but to be entertained. It was entertaining.

I did notice, however; near the nearly endless endings, the theater I was in was so silent you could hear a pin drop. Particularly at Iron Man's part.

Not going to throw a spoiler out there for any who haven't seen it yet.

From that point forward, the audience was pretty much glued to the screen.

A good mixture of humor and intense action. I'd give it an A.

Just saw this movie.. for the love of god can we get woman out of hero roles!? Just destroys movies. Know your role.. and black panther is a joke .. blacks aren’t organized...

Then they called the only conservative star a “idiot”
Tell me that wasn’t planned.

Overall besides the fake females it was ok

An amazing movie. Everybody who has invested time in the MCU for the past 10 years won't be disappointed. It's a much darker movie than the others, but to be expected given the premise. After three hours I could see myself sitting through another three if it was longer.
It's funny how the super hero comics I grew up on are now the super hero phenomenon of today.
Not only that, but they’re so diverse. There’s not only the aliens of all the different colors shapes and sizes, but there’s also women superheroes and women villains and African-American heroes and villains and Hispanics and even gays and lesbians.
On the Supergirl show on TV there’s even a transgender hero.

Is the diversity in the comic books following what’s going on in society or are they indicators of what’s coming next in society?

Just saw this movie.. for the love of god can we get woman out of hero roles!? Just destroys movies. Know your role.. and black panther is a joke .. blacks aren’t organized...

Then they called the only conservative star a “idiot”
Tell me that wasn’t planned.

Overall besides the fake females it was ok

Yeah! Because women can't be granted impossible cosmic powers, only men! And blacks? There are no organized blacks! Bunch of anarchists, I tell you...

If you missed it, that was sarcasm. ;)

It's funny how the super hero comics I grew up on are now the super hero phenomenon of today.
Not only that, but they’re so diverse. There’s not only the aliens of all the different colors shapes and sizes, but there’s also women superheroes and women villains and African-American heroes and villains and Hispanics and even gays and lesbians.
On the Supergirl show on TV there’s even a transgender hero.

Is the diversity in the comic books following what’s going on in society or are they indicators of what’s coming next in society?
Don't know, don't care.

I find the Marvel movies to be quite entertaining. Too bad Stan Lee isn't around to make his small appearance. Or did they digitize him in?

he's in it, reportedly
I think that was Ruth Bader Ginsberg in the movie

Forum List

Back