Attention Atheists: How Was The Earth Created?

Job 40:15-24

"15 Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox.
16 Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly.

17 He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together.

18 His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron.

19 He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him.

20 Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play.

21 He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens.

22 The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about.

23 Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth.

24 He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares."

Sauropods did not eat grass. Sauropods did not have navels. I'm pretty sure that they couldn't drink an entire river. So we have to assume some exaggeration. His tail was like a cedar? Tail was sometimes a euphamism for genitals. And the hebrew word translated as "moveth" can also be translated as "extends" or "hardens" in reference to genitals. Like a cedar? Did it mean size or that it was hairy?

Behemoth is mentioned as a male force complement the female force of Leviathan in the Book of Enoch. Female-Sea-Leviathan (also very similar to Tiamat in many ways) Male-Earth-Behemoth. Other Hebrew legends have Behemoth as a great mythical creature that can only be killed by its creator, Yahweh.

Behemoth is also similar to Bahamut, an arabic word often referring to a creature with a hippopotamus head that holds up the earth. The word Behemoth itself means hippopotamus in russian.

And dinosaur did not co-exist with humans. The flintstones were not real.

no one said they did but god could have had them on this planet long before we were here.

Genesis 2:15

15 The LORD God took the man and placed him in the garden of Eden to work it and watch over it. 16 And the LORD God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree of the garden, (P) 17 but you must not eat [l] from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for on the day you eat from it, you will certainly die." (Q) 18 Then the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is like him." (R) 19 So the LORD God formed out of the ground each wild animal and each bird of the sky, and brought each to the man to see what he would call it. (S) And whatever the man called a living creature, that was its name. 20 The man gave names to all the livestock, to the birds of the sky, and to every wild animal; but for the man [m] no helper was found who was like him.​

Clearly man was there when god "formed out of the ground each wild animal and each bird of the sky" since he brought them to man to name.

There must be an evolutionary reason for faith.

Faith is a sort of very strong belief even in the absence of evidence. Without the capacity to have faith we'd be utterly cynical and would doubt, possibly to the point of psychopathology, everything. That would mean no cooperation between humans, I mean, if we doubted everything surely we'd doubt the good intentions of our fellows? That would mean doom for humans. So we've evolved so that we are capable of having faith, of believing in something even though there's no evidence to support it. But that's not to argue for gullibility being useful to us, too much gullibility would also be pretty bad for our species.

They don't discredit them either, which they could have.... only in your own head,, can you make such an illogical conclusion actually...and I ain't trying to be mean but why on earth would the bible have pages and pages and pages and pages times a thousand of every name of every creature that ever lived on earth? Why would you even THINK such? So over all, this one of your beefs, is downright silly imho and if i were you, I'd drop it! ;)

I think many, and I mean many of your posts that have questioned various things have been very legitimate and worthy of contemplation and an answer in return and have shown you such respect previously...but this one kiddo, with all my love.... It just doesn't cut mustard, imho!

Care

Okay, okay, you're right: it is a little ridiculous to assume that God would've added an index or indices of names for each animal and plant and fungi, etc., especially since then those names would have to be translated into other languages, unless God did the work for us and used the common taxonomy.

My point is that, from a human stand-point, the origin of the Universe and the origin and evolution of life would've been important in the history of human beings and for God to leave so many important details of that out of the Bible causing so much controversy and disbelief (if He gave me the ability to reason, can He not understand when by using the very ability to reason He bestowed me I find no reasonable evidence to cause me to believe in Him) doesn't make sense. Instead, it makes more sense to assume that the authors of the Bible made up the creation stories in Genesis not having any other way of explaining our existence. That is, for me, much more believable - so much so that I have no choice but to believe it over the twisty, vague explanations that try to back-in to the so-called metaphors in the creation stories in Genesis about the length of God's days, the important omissions of the origins of the Universe and humankind, etc.

Last edited:
Sauropods did not eat grass. Sauropods did not have navels. I'm pretty sure that they couldn't drink an entire river. So we have to assume some exaggeration. His tail was like a cedar? Tail was sometimes a euphamism for genitals. And the hebrew word translated as "moveth" can also be translated as "extends" or "hardens" in reference to genitals. Like a cedar? Did it mean size or that it was hairy?

Behemoth is mentioned as a male force complement the female force of Leviathan in the Book of Enoch. Female-Sea-Leviathan (also very similar to Tiamat in many ways) Male-Earth-Behemoth. Other Hebrew legends have Behemoth as a great mythical creature that can only be killed by its creator, Yahweh.

Behemoth is also similar to Bahamut, an arabic word often referring to a creature with a hippopotamus head that holds up the earth. The word Behemoth itself means hippopotamus in russian.

no one said they did but god could have had them on this planet long before we were here.

15 The LORD God took the man and placed him in the garden of Eden to work it and watch over it. 16 And the LORD God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree of the garden, (P) 17 but you must not eat [l] from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for on the day you eat from it, you will certainly die." (Q) 18 Then the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is like him." (R) 19 So the LORD God formed out of the ground each wild animal and each bird of the sky, and brought each to the man to see what he would call it. (S) And whatever the man called a living creature, that was its name. 20 The man gave names to all the livestock, to the birds of the sky, and to every wild animal; but for the man [m] no helper was found who was like him.​

Clearly man was there when god "formed out of the ground each wild animal and each bird of the sky" since he brought them to man to name.

do you think man and god are the same age what do you think he was doing years before he came up with ideal to put us here.

Faith is a sort of very strong belief even in the absence of evidence. Without the capacity to have faith we'd be utterly cynical and would doubt, possibly to the point of psychopathology, everything. That would mean no cooperation between humans, I mean, if we doubted everything surely we'd doubt the good intentions of our fellows? That would mean doom for humans. So we've evolved so that we are capable of having faith, of believing in something even though there's no evidence to support it. But that's not to argue for gullibility being useful to us, too much gullibility would also be pretty bad for our species.

As I've learned there can be a lot of good that comes from faith - as in faith in myself, in my abilities, etc. But you can replace that with confidence, or trust, or belief despite stacked odds against, or many other words.

froggy is talking about religious faith, and why is there a need for that? If we all knew God was the one and only omnipotent, omniscient creator and ruler of the Universe, why couldn't we still have faith in ourselves and live in a much better world because of the lack of conflict in whether God exists or not, or whose God is the right one, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Who would commit sins if they absolutely, 100% knew without a doubt that God knows what they're doing or thinking, or going to do or think and there is no chance of getting away with it?

do you think man and god are the same age what do you think he was doing years before he came up with ideal to put us here.

Do you think there was a time when God didn't know He was going to create the Universe and everything in it?

And how does that refute the Bible passages that N4ddissent has presented? According to those Bible passages, Adam came before the animals? If that is so, how were dinosaurs here before human beings?

There is nothing psycho-pathological about doubt or Cynicism. I think you might just be jealous of us Cynics. :lol:

Main Entry: cyn·ic
Function: noun
Pronunciation: 'si-nik
1 capitalized : an adherent of an ancient Greek school of philosophers who held the view that virtue is the only good and that its essence lies in self-control and independence

Do you think there was a time when God didn't know He was going to create the Universe and everything in it?

And how does that refute the Bible passages that N4ddissent has presented? According to those Bible passages, Adam came before the animals? If that is so, how were dinosaurs here before human beings?

try to visualize this in your mind your standing there with god minutes before he's about to create adam .and you say to god "god what were you doing a few million years ago ". and he replies "oh i was creating dinosaurs".

Or after thinking about it for so long they came to the conclusion that a Supreme Being must have created it all. It's the only plausable explanation.
Possibly. It looks to me that he suddenly killed of most of the dinosaurs at one time. Perhaps he looked at the situation and said to Himself: "This isn't working out, better nip it in the bud". Maybe did the same thing when He was contemplating the Universe.

Last edited:

start with genesis 1, before genesis 2

The Beginning
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

whatever it was that created the Universe, it created the Universe (the heavens) first and then the Earth...in the order written and we know that the Big Bang, the creation of the universe was 14.5 billion years ago and the Earth, and our entire Galaxy was 4.5 Billion year ago...soooooo, no contradition there.

2 Now the earth was [a] formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

The earth was formless and dark....no contradiction there either

3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

There is day and night as we orbit around the sun, we were not always in the same position or tilt to the sun so we did not always have our 24 hour days but we did have some light and darkness...

The program that i have been watching on the History Channel called, The Universe, said that they believe our days were 8 hours and not 24 hours back then. Things were still nutzoid...our galaxy had not yet come to "settle down" for a couple of billion years and just by looking at the moon's surface and the surface of mars, and our own earth after we got satellites up there in space taking pics, it is evident that all the planets were being bombarded by other material, such as asteroids, comets, even protoplanets.

And also, the gravitation pull from all of our different planets was still adjusting and pushing and pulling the planets...it took a billion or 2 years before our galaxy settled down and things got put in to the places they are now and have been for the last 2 billion or so years.

6 And God said, "Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water." 7 So God made the expanse and separated the water under the expanse from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the expanse "sky." And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

Now on this one, I am not quite certain what it could mean other than finally being cool enough for water to be formed on the surface of the earth, which gave mist and then rain from the sky....or it could be when we were encapsulated with our atmosphere thus rain from the sky?

9 And God said, "Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear." And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground "land," and the gathered waters he called "seas." And God saw that it was good.

We KNOW this is how it happened here on Earth but how did those that wrote the Bible know this 3000-5000 years ago is beyond my reasoning... Science tells us this is how the earth was formed, so no contradictions there either.

11 Then God said, "Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds." And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

Again, we know that this is how it happened in the simplest of terms and Science has support for this...vegetation did come first.

14 And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth." And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

This part appears to be out of sequence and also a repeat, because Genesis 1 has already gone over there being light and darkness, day and night and all that is in the heavens which would include the stars mentioned....so WHY the HECK would this be the next sequence of events?

IT could be that this represents the Galaxy FINALLY being settled, where the planets were aligned, their distances from the Sun were AFFIXED in to the positions they are in now....with less bombardment of debris and where we got in to the tilt and position we are in today with our 24 hour days , and seasons and years as we know them today instead of 8 hour days, giving us more warmth to ignite the chemical reactions needed for life other than vegetation on Earth? There is no contradiction with Science in this passage either if you think about it deeper than pastry. which again, to me, is amazing!

20 And God said, "Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky." 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 God blessed them and said, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth." 23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

so Sea creatures...life began for us in the water then in the air with birds...I don't believe there is any contradiction there with Science either.

24 And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind." And it was so. 25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

Then our land animals came about and mammals finally! don't believe Science and this passage contradict eachother.

26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Then and finally, MAN....this is done on the same mystical day as the other animals but the passage does note that the other animals came first then it mentions man. This too matches up with Science as well, if you believe we developed from the ape/chimp family.

I'm telling you, the Genesis story, although very simply put, is not contradicted by Science and it doesn't contradict science.....open your mind! ;) Or at least leave it open for discussion and not shut down those like me, who believe in BOTH....and imo, for good reason....and i won't shut you out from believing I am nuts :D...this is what Freedom of Religion entails....

don't you even wonder at all how the writers of the bible got it fairly right, way back then, on the sequence of events, although very rudimentary and dumbed down, i agree, but still RIGHT?

Maybe there has been time travel, and this knowledge was given to them by those of the future? I am opened for such as well! :tongue:

care

Last edited:
We see quite a few threads from the Religion bashers about how ridiculous it is to believe that God created the Universe. "How can you believe a magical Man in the Sky?" they all ask.

OK then. Here's your chance to prove to me that God didn't create the Universe. Please post any argument you may have or like that proves your ideas.

We will, for the sake of argument in this tread only, say that the Bible doesn't exist. You may not use any reference to the Holy Book or any other Religious book for that matter because you believe it to be false, written by deluded individuals at best right?

I would prefer only Atheists chime in but you wishy-washy "Spiritualists" may also posit your "feelings" about the matter if you wish.

There exists no logical or empirical proof or disproof of god. Both positions are fallacies. As of how the earth was created--gravity. And yes, this is a provable idea...

Or after thinking about it for so long they came to the conclusion that a Supreme Being must have created it all. It's the only plausable explanation.

Poor ignorant basterd. You're ignorant of something so the only logical explanation is a supreme being made it? So science should stop looking for answers because ignorant retards have already explained everything that is currently unexplained by inventing a supreme invisible being? Dude, any dumber then that and you'd die from not being able to figure out how to breathe.

There is nothing psycho-pathological about doubt or Cynicism. I think you might just be jealous of us Cynics. :lol:

Main Entry: cyn·ic
Function: noun
Pronunciation: 'si-nik
1 capitalized : an adherent of an ancient Greek school of philosophers who held the view that virtue is the only good and that its essence lies in self-control and independence

Present company always excepted ed :D

I think it was an excuse to explain the unexplainable, but as I have said before, as time goes on, these things are getting explained..
All I read about are how scientists discover something then state:
"There's so much more we don't understand." (Code for 'We need more funding')
That'll never change.
There exists no logical or empirical proof or disproof of god. Both positions are fallacies. As of how the earth was created--gravity. And yes, this is a provable idea...
Thank you for bringing this thread back to it's original idea PeterS, proof of Gods existence.
Since you bring up Gravity, please explain to me where it comes from. Others have described "how" it works but none have shown it's true origins. What is the "Prime Motivator" for gravity? What is it's absolute origin? No effect I want the cause.
Poor ignorant basterd. You're ignorant of something so the only logical explanation is a supreme being made it? So science should stop looking for answers because ignorant retards have already explained everything that is currently unexplained by inventing a supreme invisible being? Dude, any dumber then that and you'd die from not being able to figure out how to breathe.
Calling me a retard doesn't explain how the earth was created. But I can see how the subject causes immense conflict within your own mind as it does most Liberals. Remember that this is just a posting board so your taunts really have no effect on me, they just make you look less intelligent.
Oh and John, please learn the quote function, it'll make your posts look that much more professional.

Last edited:
Mad Asswiper, just because nobody knows how gravity came to be or other similar questions doesn't mean there's a god, it means WE DON'T KNOW. Good thing we have science though, because otherwise you'd still think the earth was flat. Or do you still?

Although science has already proven how the earth was formed. Just google it, you doofus.
Your question fails miserably.

masturbating. I'm not the one who believes in god. The bible mentions creating the earth and then goes straight into creating man and animals. You tell me why it doesn't mention anything in between.

Mad Asswiper, just because nobody knows how gravity came to be or other similar questions doesn't mean there's a god, it means WE DON'T KNOW. Good thing we have science though, because otherwise you'd still think the earth was flat. Or do you still?
Although science has already proven how the earth was formed. Just google it, you doofus. Your question fails miserably.
Well that just shows how science and religion are similar, we both just don't know.
This thread was made for you atheists to post proof of how the earth was formed. Don't get all upset just because you're so inarticulate that can't explain yourself. Or that this thread has made you question your own beliefs for the first time ever.
Jeez, atheists are the most unhappy people...

Interestingly (or not) I was stationed with a "John Lemon" while in the AF.

Last edited:
Propylid- a rotating circumstellar disk of dense gas surrounding a young newly formed star, a T Tauri star or Herbig star. The protoplanetary disk may be considered an accretion disk because gaseous material may be falling from the inner edge of the disk onto the surface of the star, but this process should not be confused with the accretion process thought to build up the planets themselves.

It is not known with certainty how planets are formed. The prevailing theory is that they are formed during the collapse of a nebula into a thin disk of gas and dust. A protostar forms at the core, surrounded by a rotating protoplanetary disk. Through accretion (a process of sticky collision) dust particles in the disk steadily accumulate mass to form ever-larger bodies. Local concentrations of mass known as planetesimals form, and these accelerate the accretion process by drawing in additional material by their gravitational attraction. These concentrations become ever denser until they collapse inward under gravity to form protoplanets.[51] After a planet reaches a diameter larger than the Earth's moon, it begins to accumulate an extended atmosphere, greatly increasing the capture rate of the planetesimals by means of atmospheric drag.[52]

250px-M42proplyds.jpg

That's the current scientific consensus on how the earth was "created".

Last edited:

Forum List

Back