Atlas Shrugged Part I

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Jan 23, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
It only took half a century but come April 15, 2011 it will finally be here.

Atlas-Shrugged-Movie-Poster_b.jpg

:clap2:

Last edited by a moderator:
That will be one boring movie.

My understanding is a lot of book elements were left out of the plan for reasons of time and complexity. And that's taking into account breaking one book into three movies. (I think, most prominently "Project X" is out?) I'm positive part three will not have the full sixty-some page Galt speech etc etc. :lol:

Still, it would be great if AS Part I has some kind of summery version of Francisco's Money Speech...

Capitalism Magazine - "Francisco's Money Speech"
:clap2:

It should get miniseries treatment It would take 4 parts to tell the story.

I've been over at the website and it seems the plan is for four movies so it looks like I was mistaken above. I may also have been wrong about Galt's Speech too. :lol: Seems like that part may have been stipulated to be read whole so God knows how they are going to film some guy talking for half an hour. (??) From the trailer at least, you would not guess this was a crazy low budget operation. Time will tell I guess.

It's been too long since I've read The Fountainhead but I know a number of elements were lost for that film which, I think, Rand wrote the screenplay for. Some things of course, had to be kept whole. See Howard Roark's Speech below:

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back