atheists will love this.....

Are you confusing geographics and ethnicity with religion?

I don't think so, it's called a generalization. Do you agree with him that the Jewish and Christian faiths are worse when compared to the Islamic faith in their treatment of women? That is, after all, what we were talking about. I'm talking about the reality of the faith itself, so perhaps I should clarify that.
Fundamentalists of all three faiths have rules which oppress women. No one faith is worse than any other because they are all three more alike than they are different.

Well, you're welcome to believe what you like, but I don't agree with you. You can visit entire countries where women of Islamic faith are oppressed and subjugated. Can you say the same thing for Christian or Jewish countries? Women aren't given equal rights under the law? Do you also think that as a percentage of each of their respective faiths that there are more 'fundamentalist' Muslims than there are 'fundamentalist' Christians or Jews?

:lol: Do you expect me to read all of that? You're worse than most women I know.

Okay, CMM, you're just a sweet, good natured guy just struggling with his inner personal beliefs and making a sincere and honest effort to discover what's waiting out there in the big, wide world. Whatever you say. :lol:

Can't respond to the facts, huh?:eusa_eh:

:lol: Do you expect me to read all of that? You're worse than most women I know.

Okay, CMM, you're just a sweet, good natured guy just struggling with his inner personal beliefs and making a sincere and honest effort to discover what's waiting out there in the big, wide world. Whatever you say. :lol:

Facts? Is that what you call them? :lol: If I had the time or the inclination, I could go back to many of those threads and find all of your demeaning and condescending remarks regarding Christians and their beliefs. It's not worth the time or the effort that it would take, mainly because I really don't give a damn one way or the other. I can pretty much predict what you're going to say before you even say it, and at least to me you're purpose is crystal clear in what you are trying to accomplish. I just won't play the game with you, it serves no purpose.

I don't think so, it's called a generalization. Do you agree with him that the Jewish and Christian faiths are worse when compared to the Islamic faith in their treatment of women? That is, after all, what we were talking about. I'm talking about the reality of the faith itself, so perhaps I should clarify that.
Fundamentalists of all three faiths have rules which oppress women. No one faith is worse than any other because they are all three more alike than they are different.

Well, you're welcome to believe what you like, but I don't agree with you. You can visit entire countries where women of Islamic faith are oppressed and subjugated. Can you say the same thing for Christian or Jewish countries? Women aren't given equal rights under the law? Do you also think that as a percentage of each of their respective faiths that there are more 'fundamentalist' Muslims than there are 'fundamentalist' Christians or Jews?

I'm sure you think you know all there is to know about any religion or any country or any topic of conversation.

Facts? Is that what you call them? :lol: If I had the time or the inclination, I could go back to many of those threads and find all of your demeaning and condescending remarks regarding Christians and their beliefs. It's not worth the time or the effort that it would take, mainly because I really don't give a damn one way or the other. I can pretty much predict what you're going to say before you even say it, and at least to me you're purpose is crystal clear in what you are trying to accomplish. I just won't play the game with you, it serves no purpose.

Yeah, sure. I welcome you to post those demeaning and condescending remarks I've made. Post the hateful ones too. Then, while you're at it, post the rude and insulting posts that you wrote. That way we can compare them side by side.

What is it exactly, then Newby, that I'm trying to accomplish?

And what am I going to say next? Are you psychic? Isn't that witchcraft and isn't witchcraft a sin? Should we burn you at the stake?

I'm sure you think you know all there is to know about any religion or any country or any topic of conversation.

I know that what some of you are trying to imply in saying that the treatment of women in the Christian and Jewish faiths is no different than how women are treated in the Islamic faith is bullshit. I never said that I know all there is to know about anything, so I'm not sure what your point is there. Seems like deflection to me. If you want to believe that all three faiths are comparable in their treatment of women, more power to you, that doesn't however make it true.

COuld be, those terms get used in many ways... since anyone actually claiming to KNOW that there is 'No God' would have to support that claim with evidence (of which there can never be any) so they are certainly not a member of the science-based thought process... just some random fool making unsubstantiated cliams.

Fail. 'No god' is no different than 'no pixies' or 'no living T-Rexs' The evidence is the lack of evidence

kalam, you're smoking some good hash if you think that none of these perverts who marry a 9 year old aren't having sex with them.
jihad is a war for god. The only kind of war you guys wage. Everything is an attack on your god. You want to re-establish a caliphate... for god. You want to repel the infidels... All your war are about religion. Iraq vs Iran, religious war...
As for the sheets, if a woman takes it off, she'll be burned with acid or killed, or raped, then killed... Nice code of conduct you guys live by.
In other words, they are no different from the jews...

kalam, you're smoking some good hash if you think that none of these perverts who marry a 9 year old aren't having sex with them.
If they are they're acting contrarily to Islamic teachings.

jihad is a war for god. The only kind of war you guys wage.
Jihad means "striving" and can be used to describe any dedicated effort. Warfare is only a part of jihad in the religious sense.

Everything is an attack on your god.
What?

You want to re-establish a caliphate... for god.
No, I actually don't.

You want to repel the infidels...
I want to repel anybody who attacks or persecutes me.

All your war are about religion. Iraq vs Iran, religious war...
That's extremely simplistic. No war is motivated solely by religion.

As for the sheets,
The "sheets" aren't required by Islamic teachings.

if a woman takes it off, she'll be burned with acid or killed, or raped, then killed... Nice code of conduct you guys live by.
Once again, that contradicts Islamic teachings. Rape is punishable by death. Do you believe that everything every Muslim does can be attributed to Islam? Your entire argument is logically fallacious.

kalam, nothing in your religion is true, just read the koran, it's all crap, written by a dude who was just trying to catch up to the bible (which is also a load of crap). Islam was invented to keep women down and treated like chattel.
During the time of ignorance, Arabian women, with few exceptions, were chattel. Women, like slaves, were sold by their families into marriage. Marriages could only be terminated if the husband willed it. Wives were, like all property, inheritable. Female (and in some cases, male) children were typically seen as a financial liability and a curse, so infanticide was commonplace. Islam ended these practices by recognizing the rights of women as human beings and the necessity of treating them as such. Property rights were recognized, women could decide themselves to divorce, infanticide was banned, etc.

O you who believe, it is not lawful for you to take women as heritage against (their) will. Nor should you straiten them by taking part of what you have given them, unless they are guilty of manifest indecency. And treat them kindly. Then if you hate them, it may be that you dislike a thing while Allah has placed abundant good in it. - 4:19

And covet not that by which Allah has made some of you excel others. For men is the benefit of what they earn. And for women is the benefit of what they earn. And ask Allah of His grace. Surely Allah is ever Knower of all things. - 4:32

Say: Come! I will recite what your Lord has forbidden to you: Associate naught with Him and do good to parents and slay not your children for (fear of) poverty - We will provide for you and for them - and draw not nigh to indecencies, open or secret, and kill not the soul which Allah has made sacred except in the course of justice. This He enjoins upon you that you may understand. - 6:51

Why? Are we to willingly accept aggression and persecution and not attempt to repel our assailants as any rational people would?

Which part of the Qur'an mentions 72 virgins? The Qur'an describes every believer returning to a sexually and morally pure state upon death.

You are incorrectly assuming that the tenets of Islam are congruous with those of the Wahhabi heresy. The Qur'an simply tells believing men and women to be modest in gaze and in dress.

That anyone would even marry off their 9 year old is just plain as sick as it gets.
In this society, perhaps, but why is a betrothal at age 9 (at youngest) in 7th century Arabia reprehensible? In Islam, women can file for divorce and consummation of the marriage does not occur until both husband and wife have reached majority.

So, Kalam, according to what you've presented here in numerous threads in answer to numerous questions put to you, then a good percentage of people practicing Islam today are not practicing it correctly according to the Quran? Including entire countries such as Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iran, etc...?

That certainly seems to be the case, yes. Their ideologies are corrupted by excessive reliance on ahadith and ijtihad, which in their case describes the practice of making up ridiculous laws and claiming that they have a basis in Islam.

"Beard patrols".

I think that says it all.
I usually don't have a beard and I've yet to be confronted by any patrols.

And also, any man has the right and the obligation to "punish" any woman for not following the Islamic code of conduct.
If a wife is treacherous, it's the husband's right to "chastise" her. (trilateral D-R-B, which can be used to mean travel, set up, ignore/take away, condemn, strike, seal, cover, or explain.)

Strange men can attack, rape, kill women in the streets of Islamic controlled government for what they see as violations of the Koran in conduct, dress, or behavior.
They can only do so in violation of the Qur'an and some ahadith.

They're just great people all around. Really. I have so much respect for them.
You've set up a pseudo-Islamic strawman that supports all kinds of reprehensible things not found in the Qur'an. This is what you hate, because what you've described isn't Islam.

Atheism is built upon a lack of empirical evidence and generally fails to consider most logical arguments. I'll contend that deism and agnosticism are far more logical and rational given our current knowledge, or lack thereof.

HAHAHAHA

Funny AND stupid:clap2:

I guess it shouldn't be very difficult to show why I'm wrong, then, eh?

Atheism is based on a lack of faith- on the word of noone, you might say. It is grounded in reason and the only logical conclusion. Care to try to back up your claims? You said it 'fails to consider most logical arguments'- yet put forth no such arguments

Atheism is based on a lack of faith- on the word of noone, you might say. It is grounded in reason and the only logical conclusion. Care to try to back up your claims? You said it 'fails to consider most logical arguments'- yet put forth no such arguments

I think atheism goes too far. Its one thing to think, 'There is no evidence of God so I will not believe in God, but if things change...'. Its another to think, 'There is no evidence of God, so He doesn't and cannot exist and I will NEVER believe in God.' That teeters on the edge of dogma, and dogma is anathema to truly open-minded, scientific, rational and logical thought. Atheism in regard to dogma is little different than religion. I don't believe in God, but that's because there is no evidence to support that there is a creator. However, I refuse to cling to a dogmatic certainty that one can not exist and become no different (and no better) than a religious adherent.

I think atheism goes too far. Its one thing to think, 'There is no evidence of God so I will not believe in God, but if things change...'. Its another to think, 'There is no evidence of God, so He doesn't and cannot exist and I will NEVER believe in God.'

Those are both atheism. What you are confused on is gnostic versus agnostic

There are many. I like this one, that I've linked to a number of times:

The Kalam Cosmological Argument: A Summary

(No relation.)

You'll probably reject it and anything else I post out-of-hand, but whatever.

Here is an outline of the argument:

1. The universe either had (a) a beginning or (b) no beginning.
2. If it had a beginning, the beginning was either (a) caused or (b) uncaused.
3. If it had a cause, the cause was either (a) personal or (b) not personal.

1: Falls apart- the physical universe has a beginning, as we now know

You axioms do not hold, so any argument to follow if fallacious.

Grade: F(ail)

Now, what were you saying about logic?

jihad is a war for god. The only kind of war you guys wage. Everything is an attack on your god. You want to re-establish a caliphate... for god. You want to repel the infidels... All your war are about religion. Iraq vs Iran, religious war...
As for the sheets, if a woman takes it off, she'll be burned with acid or killed, or raped, then killed... Nice code of conduct you guys live by.
In other words, they are no different from the jews...

Jews do those things? Are you being sarcastic??

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3X5hIFXYU[/ame]

The whole video is scary. Every point the guy makes, including the idea of "spreading the gospel" i.e. spread the lie about Jesus Christ being the "messiah."

Forum List

Back