Atheists are just as deluded as theists...

Atheists are the wisest people. They are living their lives to its fullest without some invisible big brother watching over them. I remember when I became an atheist. I was driving in a car going up north and for the first time I was finally at peace all by myself.

I’m only agnostic because it’s true one can never know for 100% there is no god. Like pink unicorns
That hasn't been my observation. You guys don't strike me as intelligent or wise.

If you were at peace with yourself you wouldn't be here discussing religion and God.
You notice I do it from time to time. I’m not here as much as you.
So you are saying you are getting better?

False pattern recognition? Did you pick that up from an atheist website?

One of your problems - there are many - is that you have never traveled the path not taken. You literally don't have a valid comparison to make because religion has always been a part of societies. The only valid comparison you can make are to the militant atheistic governments that existed in the 20th century. Something you will dismiss even though it is a direct comparison for what happens when man is elevated to God.

Another false pattern you are recognizing. Just because those governments didn't like churches because churches got in their way, doesn't mean that a secular society can't be peaceful. Look at how easily Christian George Bush was able to lie us into Iraq. And why? Because his religion says it was prophecy that we invade Iraq.

That's our problem. Religion has always been a part of our society. Adam and eve failed. Sodom and gammora, failed. Noah's ark, failed. So even with religions we've always been failures. At least that's what the religions tell us.

I think it's funny
So you are saying it wasn't the militant atheist dogma's fault it was the fault of the men?

But with religion it is the other way around?

Do you even logic?

The emergence of religious behavior by the Neolithic period has been discussed in terms of evolutionary psychology, the origin of language and mythology, cross-cultural comparison of the anthropology of religion, as well as evidence for spirituality or cultic behavior in the Upper Paleolithic, and similarities in great ape behavior.

Humanity's closest living relatives are common chimpanzees and bonobos. These primates share a common ancestor with humans who lived between six and eight million years ago. It is for this reason that chimpanzees and bonobos are viewed as the best available surrogate for this common ancestor. Barbara King argues that while non-human primates are not religious, they do exhibit some traits that would have been necessary for the evolution of religion. These traits include high intelligence, a capacity for symbolic communication, a sense of social norms, realization of "self" and a concept of continuity. There is inconclusive evidence that Homo neanderthalensis may have buried their dead which is evidence of the use of ritual. The use of burial rituals is thought to be evidence of religious activity, and there is no other evidence that religion existed in human culture before humans reached behavioral modernity.

So do chimps go to heaven?
I'm sure all life is dear to our creator. I wouldn't dare presume it to be otherwise.
Well many religions teach those animals were put here for us. They don’t go to heaven.

Hopefully some parents teach respect for life. I certainly respect all life
Do you? Are you sure about that?

Another false pattern you are recognizing. Just because those governments didn't like churches because churches got in their way, doesn't mean that a secular society can't be peaceful. Look at how easily Christian George Bush was able to lie us into Iraq. And why? Because his religion says it was prophecy that we invade Iraq.

That's our problem. Religion has always been a part of our society. Adam and eve failed. Sodom and gammora, failed. Noah's ark, failed. So even with religions we've always been failures. At least that's what the religions tell us.

I think it's funny
So you are saying it wasn't the militant atheist dogma's fault it was the fault of the men?

Do you even logic?

The emergence of religious behavior by the Neolithic period has been discussed in terms of evolutionary psychology, the origin of language and mythology, cross-cultural comparison of the anthropology of religion, as well as evidence for spirituality or cultic behavior in the Upper Paleolithic, and similarities in great ape behavior.

Humanity's closest living relatives are common chimpanzees and bonobos. These primates share a common ancestor with humans who lived between six and eight million years ago. It is for this reason that chimpanzees and bonobos are viewed as the best available surrogate for this common ancestor. Barbara King argues that while non-human primates are not religious, they do exhibit some traits that would have been necessary for the evolution of religion. These traits include high intelligence, a capacity for symbolic communication, a sense of social norms, realization of "self" and a concept of continuity. There is inconclusive evidence that Homo neanderthalensis may have buried their dead which is evidence of the use of ritual. The use of burial rituals is thought to be evidence of religious activity, and there is no other evidence that religion existed in human culture before humans reached behavioral modernity.

I'm sure all life is dear to our creator. I wouldn't dare presume it to be otherwise.
Well many religions teach those animals were put here for us. They don’t go to heaven.

I respect a living woman’s right to take a seed out of her before it grows into a baby

Then why are YOU here?
To prove my point that you are not agnostic. If you recall, you created this thread to prove you were agnostic.

You aren't. You're a militant atheist. Be proud of it.
I started this thread to see if there are any atheists who think that a god is not possible. Didn't find any here, and we were discussing the difference of atheism versus agnstic. You like "militant", that's ok if it floats your boat.
You started this thread as a direct response to my argument that you were not an agnostic.
Apparently, all the atheists here are agnostic like I described. Why does this upset you?
It doesn't upset me. I don't believe it. Agnostics would not be here doing what you guys are doing. It's almost like you inherently know that it is wrong to be an atheist.
Laughing and making jokes about the dumb things you say means I'm not agnostic? :lol:

Atheist is cool, I might even be an agnostic atheist, people on this board have different meanings for the term, it's all good, it's not about the label, it's about the search for the truth.
Which explains why you are still trying to subordinate religion in a thread about atheism?

Try militant atheist, Taz, because that's what you are.
You want that label for me? Go for it, we were talking about the difference of all the labels...
What I want is irrelevant. It is what it is. That's what you are.
Because YOU decided? Or did your god tell you that?
No. Because your behaviors told me. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's a duck.
You've decided that the evidence points in a certain direction (that is false, as usual).

Or not. Or it could be all in our heads...
Not statistically possible.
Sure it is. Take any human species and put him in a group of ignorant people. Have them learn from one another. Have them talk and think and wonder how we got here. One theory will be that an unknown character/creator created this for us. Yada yada. I see my dad doing it all the time. I see him asking questions that science has answered. But God still holds on because of god of the gaps. Until we have all the answers there will always be a little room for the god hypothesis.

Just because the indians made up a god story and the egyptians made up a completely different story but similar, doesn't prove anything. Could this story have spread? Or , if not given enough information, will all humans come to such a hypothesis? They'll be some wild crazy stories but as long as the story has a creator, that's all you need to know? That is the evidence this creator is real? So now the Jesus story doesn't even have to be real. Nor the moses. Just the fact that every society has a god story is your evidence?
Do you even study human behaviors at all?
If you study human behaviors you should become painfully aware that there is a moral law that exists that was placed inside us that we did not create and can't seem to get rid of. This is the proof you have been so desperately seeking.
Morality is subjective, it comes from the survival instinct. Part of evolution.

Atheists are the wisest people. They are living their lives to its fullest without some invisible big brother watching over them. I remember when I became an atheist. I was driving in a car going up north and for the first time I was finally at peace all by myself.

I’m only agnostic because it’s true one can never know for 100% there is no god. Like pink unicorns
Atheists do things because they are the right thing to do

They don’t need the threat of eternal damnation to do the right thing

So when are they going to get around to removing inebriated religiously addled hypocrites from behind the wheel who are driving the country on the wrong side of the road into an inevitable head on collision with reality?

On the flip side, if someone is deranged and doesn't believe in god, they have nothing to stop them from doing the evil shit they do. So a small part of me likes it that god scares the masses into being better people.

And consider what dicks Christians are now. Now imagine if they didn't believe an all powerful god was watching their every move.

And consider how fucked up Muslims are. And they don't suffer the same problem christians do. Christians don't even think about god 6 days a week. Muslims think about god 7 times a day and still look how fucked up they are.

But then I think about how the muslim world was the center of education, math, science all before Mohammad came to town. They were better before he came.

Do you even logic?

I respect a living woman’s right to take a seed out of her before it grows into a baby
You are splitting hairs that aren’t there. It is fully human at conception and fully alive possessing all of the appropriate characteristics for that stage of the human life cycle. No wonder you don’t believe in God you dismiss evidence based on a whim.

To prove my point that you are not agnostic. If you recall, you created this thread to prove you were agnostic.

You aren't. You're a militant atheist. Be proud of it.
I started this thread to see if there are any atheists who think that a god is not possible. Didn't find any here, and we were discussing the difference of atheism versus agnstic. You like "militant", that's ok if it floats your boat.
You started this thread as a direct response to my argument that you were not an agnostic.
Apparently, all the atheists here are agnostic like I described. Why does this upset you?
It doesn't upset me. I don't believe it. Agnostics would not be here doing what you guys are doing. It's almost like you inherently know that it is wrong to be an atheist.
Laughing and making jokes about the dumb things you say means I'm not agnostic? :lol:
No. You aren’t agnostic because you aren’t an agnostic. You just can’t acknowledge it because you instinctively know being an atheist is repulsive.

Which explains why you are still trying to subordinate religion in a thread about atheism?

Try militant atheist, Taz, because that's what you are.
You want that label for me? Go for it, we were talking about the difference of all the labels...
What I want is irrelevant. It is what it is. That's what you are.
Because YOU decided? Or did your god tell you that?
No. Because your behaviors told me. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's a duck.
You've decided that the evidence points in a certain direction (that is false, as usual).
And by evidence you mean to say your militant atheist behaviors.

You are splitting hairs that aren’t there. It is fully human at conception and fully alive possessing all of the appropriate characteristics for that stage of the human life cycle. No wonder you don’t believe in God you dismiss evidence based on a whim.
Life isn't that precious. You also said god cares about cows but you eat them. Not only do you eat them you kill them in the most horrible way. Slaughter house anyone? No free range cows on your plate? Meany.

Not statistically possible.
Sure it is. Take any human species and put him in a group of ignorant people. Have them learn from one another. Have them talk and think and wonder how we got here. One theory will be that an unknown character/creator created this for us. Yada yada. I see my dad doing it all the time. I see him asking questions that science has answered. But God still holds on because of god of the gaps. Until we have all the answers there will always be a little room for the god hypothesis.

Just because the indians made up a god story and the egyptians made up a completely different story but similar, doesn't prove anything. Could this story have spread? Or , if not given enough information, will all humans come to such a hypothesis? They'll be some wild crazy stories but as long as the story has a creator, that's all you need to know? That is the evidence this creator is real? So now the Jesus story doesn't even have to be real. Nor the moses. Just the fact that every society has a god story is your evidence?
If you study human behaviors you should become painfully aware that there is a moral law that exists that was placed inside us that we did not create and can't seem to get rid of. This is the proof you have been so desperately seeking.
I’m not surprised you believe morality is subjective. I wouldn’t have expected you to believe anything else.

No. You aren’t agnostic because you aren’t an agnostic. You just can’t acknowledge it because you instinctively know being an atheist is repulsive.
lol, nice try. If anyone can prove god, I'm willing to change my mind about the whole thing, can't be any fairer than that. So not against god. Against dumb religions, yes.

I’m not surprised you believe morality is subjective. I wouldn’t have expected you to believe anything else.
If not, then why doesn't everyone adhere by the same moral code?

Well it is. Do you believe in the death penalty?

Life isn't that precious. You also said god cares about cows but you eat them. Not only do you eat them you kill them in the most horrible way. Slaughter house anyone? No free range cows on your plate? Meany.
Sure life is precious. And yes I eat cows. I don’t justify it as right though like you justify your dehumanization of human life.

Do cows suffer a horrible death? They suffer death. We are all going to suffer death. But I am pretty sure cows suffer a humane death. Probably more humane than the death you will suffer.

Well it is. Do you believe in the death penalty?
No. I think they should do hard labor.

lol, nice try. If anyone can prove god, I'm willing to change my mind about the whole thing, can't be any fairer than that. So not against god. Against dumb religions, yes.
You have all the evidence you need or are going to get. It’s not my job to do for you what you can and should do for yourself.

I am more than happy for you to go through life suffering with complaint.

Forum List

Back