Atheists are just as deluded as theists...

Taz

Gold Member
Jul 8, 2014
... as there's also no proof that a god can't be possible. Or can any atheist here prove that god is not possible?

God is not a mystery to be solved. God is a relationship to be entered into and be experienced.

So if you make a sincere effort to enter into that relationship, God can be proven through experience.

But you’d have to understand what that proof would look like.

So it is possible to prove or disprove God through experience.

• Banned
God is not a mystery to be solved. God is a relationship to be entered into and be experienced.

So if you make a sincere effort to enter into that relationship, God can be proven through experience.

So you have nothing. Got it.

So you have nothing. Got it.
Thanks for proving you aren’t agnostic.

... as there's also no proof that a god can't be possible. Or can any atheist here prove that god is not possible?

You don't understand what an atheist is. If you are not convinced that a God, any God, exists, then you are an atheist. Some don't believe a God is possible, but that is not the defining characteristic. Many, or even most are open to being convinced if someone would come up with something other than "because I believe it" but an atheist has no need to prove or disprove something he doesn't even believe in.

You don't understand what an atheist is. If you are not convinced that a God, any God, exists, then you are an atheist. Some don't believe a God is possible, but that is not the defining characteristic. Many, or even most are open to being convinced if someone would come up with something other than "because I believe it" but an atheist has no need to prove or disprove something he doesn't even believe in.
What sort of evidence would it take to convince you?

It's your proof. Convince me. I've already heard "I just know it" and "You have to accept the bible as fact" and all the crap along those lines, but if you can come up with something rational and believable, I'm listening.

It's your proof. Convince me. I've already heard "I just know it" and "You have to accept the bible as fact" and all the crap along those lines, but if you can come up with something rational and believable, I'm listening.
I’m not trying to convince you. I couldn’t care less.

You made a statement that they are open to being convinced and I am curious what kind of evidence it would take.

Because it is my belief that there is no evidence you would accept. Which means you are not open to being convinced.

You made a statement that they are open to being convinced and I am curious what kind of evidence it would take.

Because it is my belief that there is no evidence you would accept. Which means you are not open to being convinced.

You are free to believe what you want. I told you I was open to being convinced. I'm guessing you just don't have anything that makes sense. If you did, you would present it.

I think that most people you would call "atheist" are actually "agnostic atheists". While they do not accept a belief in gods, they do not assert with 100% certainty that gods do not exist. Of course, they also are similarly "agnostic" about unicorns and fairies...

You are free to believe what you want. I told you I was open to being convinced. I'm guessing you just don't have anything that makes sense. If you did, you would present it.
Bullshit. There’s no evidence you would accept.

There’s no evidence you would accept
Of course not, because there can be no evidence at all of magic. That's an inherent problem with magic. You abandoned all possibility of applying any standard of evidence to your beliefs the moment you adopted magic in your beliefs. Evidence relies on scientific determinism.

I'm amazed at your ability to know more about what I will or won't accept than I do. Is this a skill that you learned, or did a fairy princess grant you that ability in your crib?

The Bible says that bread cast upon the waters will come back many fold. Try it and see if that is true.

I'm amazed at your ability to know more about what I will or won't accept than I do. Is this a skill that you learned, or did a fairy princess grant you that ability in your crib?
I can only go off the fact that you can’t tell me what it would take to convince you. That’s how set you are on not being convinced.

again and again
..if you make a claim, you are responsible for proving it--not the other side to disprove it--just like a court = if there is no evidence = not guilty = not true
--I can make up crap all day!!!!!!!!!!:
there are ducks on the other side of the moon
a ghost told me there was no god
a ghost told me there was a god
Obama was Asian
Europe was created by birds
etc etc

There’s no evidence you would accept
Of course not, because there can be no evidence at all of magic. That's an inherent problem with magic. You abandoned all possibility of applying any standard of evidence to your beliefs the moment you adopted magic in your beliefs. Evidence relies on scientific determinism.
I would say that the energy and matter that make up who you are occupying the space of 1 billionth of 1 trillionth the size of an atom along with all the other matter in the universe might qualify as magic. Or possibly inanimate matter reorganizing itself into life might qualify as magic.

The Bible says that bread cast upon the waters will come back many fold. Try it and see if that is true.

I feed bread to fish in my Koi pond all the time, and none has come back yet. Those greedy fish eat it as soon as it hits the water. You got something else?

I can only go off the fact that you can’t tell me what it would take to convince you. That’s how set you are on not being convinced.

Sorry, but I can't tell you what it would take to convince me that unicorns are real, but only virgins can see them, either. I have no idea how you would convince me that the moon is made of green cheese as well.
maxresdefault.jpg

Forum List

Back