Atheists are just as deluded as theists...

Government and Leftists have also fought to remove God from schools and public education.
And thank goodness for that. Magical nonsense is for church.
The irony of your statement is that you don't believe in God because he doesn't do magical nonsense for you.
Or for anyone. Thus the irony in your statement.

See? It's easy to be simple.
Don't be silly. In my worldview I don't expect magic and still believe there is a personal God who created existence.

YOU are the one who can't believe in God unless you see magic. Jokes on you, bro.

In my worldview I don't expect magic
Of course you do. You just don't like the term "magic", because it places your preferred set of magical nonsense on the same shelf with all other magical nonsense. And that bothers your fee fees.

You literally don't have a valid comparison to make because religion has always been a part of societies
As has slavery, subjugation of women, war, etc...not exactly high praise of your magical nonsense....
You blame acts of men on religion and God?

Really? Of course since you don't believe God exists, you can't really believe it is God's fault, right?

So then you must believe it is the fault of religion and not men, right?

But then of course you won't blame the militant atheistic dogma of the Communist countries for committing the greatest evil the world has ever seen, right?

Can you be more selective?

You literally don't have a valid comparison to make because religion has always been a part of societies
As has slavery, subjugation of women, war, etc...not exactly high praise of your magical nonsense....
Now let me address the issues you raised. All of those wrongs were set right by men of religion.

And again, it isn't my magical nonsense, it is yours. You are the one who needs to see magic happen before you will believe in God. I don't. I know better. I understand the practical application of faith. It is you who is in the loony bin.

Of course you do. You just don't like the term "magic", because it places your preferred set of magical nonsense on the same shelf with all other magical nonsense. And that bothers your fee fees.
There is nothing magical about the power of faith that has the power to transform us. Just because you don't understand it, doesn't mean it is magic.

Can you tell me what is magical about confession, forgiveness, selflessness and thankfulness?

Because I can certainly tell you the practical aspects of each and the power that each brings to those who practice it.

Can you tell me what is magical about the power of objectivity and accountability?

Because I can certainly tell you about their practical aspects and the power they bring to me when I practice them.

And lastly, I have never met a militant atheist who didn't practice critical theory, normalization of deviance and had an external locus of control. All traits that I see in your ilk.

Last edited:
So any religion will do? I’ll become a Muslim or Mormon. One of those stories must be true

Technically yes. Every faith differs in form, but eventually all lead to the same place more or less, just as you can get to the top of Mt. Everest from many sides. It isn't the faith that counts as much as the individual practicing it.

Yea but then that isn't the end of the road. Christianity isn't the final destination.
Christianity has never been a destination. It is a practice.

We are still evolving. And atheists numbers are growing. Ever watch star trek? Very few bible thumpers in the future. Very little talk of god.
Really? You're quoting a sci-fi TV show from the 60s as proof of anything? Atheist numbers are growing. Population is growing. So is crime and immorality. Government and Leftists have also fought to remove God from schools and public education. So what else is new? You really thought taking something away from kids would make them more interested in it?

And the asians don't seem that religious to me.
Lessee:
Hinduism
Buddhism
Jainism
Sikhism
Taoism
Shintoism
Zenism
Confucianism and
Vedic Science
The East is the very HEART of the origins of religion, going back 5000 years!

False pattern recognition. I could also show you that at one time, before Mohammad, the Arab would was the center of the civilized world. They were the smartest and most advanced people in the world. Then Mohammad took over. How has that worked out for them? So we see what putting God into school does too just as much as we see what taking him out does.
False pattern recognition? Did you pick that up from an atheist website?

One of your problems - there are many - is that you have never traveled the path not taken. You literally don't have a valid comparison to make because religion has always been a part of societies. The only valid comparison you can make are to the militant atheistic governments that existed in the 20th century. Something you will dismiss even though it is a direct comparison for what happens when man is elevated to God.

Another false pattern you are recognizing. Just because those governments didn't like churches because churches got in their way, doesn't mean that a secular society can't be peaceful. Look at how easily Christian George Bush was able to lie us into Iraq. And why? Because his religion says it was prophecy that we invade Iraq.

That's our problem. Religion has always been a part of our society. Adam and eve failed. Sodom and gammora, failed. Noah's ark, failed. So even with religions we've always been failures. At least that's what the religions tell us.

I think it's funny

Technically yes. Every faith differs in form, but eventually all lead to the same place more or less, just as you can get to the top of Mt. Everest from many sides. It isn't the faith that counts as much as the individual practicing it.

Yea but then that isn't the end of the road. Christianity isn't the final destination.

We are still evolving. And atheists numbers are growing. Ever watch star trek? Very few bible thumpers in the future. Very little talk of god.
Really? You're quoting a sci-fi TV show from the 60s as proof of anything? Atheist numbers are growing. Population is growing. So is crime and immorality. Government and Leftists have also fought to remove God from schools and public education. So what else is new? You really thought taking something away from kids would make them more interested in it?

Lessee:
Hinduism
Buddhism
Jainism
Sikhism
Taoism
Shintoism
Zenism
Confucianism and
Vedic Science

False pattern recognition. I could also show you that at one time, before Mohammad, the Arab would was the center of the civilized world. They were the smartest and most advanced people in the world. Then Mohammad took over. How has that worked out for them? So we see what putting God into school does too just as much as we see what taking him out does.

One of your problems - there are many - is that you have never traveled the path not taken. You literally don't have a valid comparison to make because religion has always been a part of societies. The only valid comparison you can make are to the militant atheistic governments that existed in the 20th century. Something you will dismiss even though it is a direct comparison for what happens when man is elevated to God.

Another false pattern you are recognizing. Just because those governments didn't like churches because churches got in their way, doesn't mean that a secular society can't be peaceful. Look at how easily Christian George Bush was able to lie us into Iraq. And why? Because his religion says it was prophecy that we invade Iraq.

That's our problem. Religion has always been a part of our society. Adam and eve failed. Sodom and gammora, failed. Noah's ark, failed. So even with religions we've always been failures. At least that's what the religions tell us.

I think it's funny
So you are saying it wasn't the militant atheist dogma's fault it was the fault of the men?

But with religion it is the other way around?

Do you even logic?

Lessee:
Hinduism
Buddhism
Jainism
Sikhism
Taoism
Shintoism
Zenism
Confucianism and
Vedic Science

I think it's funny
So you are saying it wasn't the militant atheist dogma's fault it was the fault of the men?

Do you even logic?
I don't know what you are saying or what I'm saying other than whatever it is you are saying does not prove a god exists. There is no evidence that proves god. You're trying to prove a hypothesis.

Religion – any religion – is at most 10,000 years old. So man lived for over 190,000 years and one day just got up and created a god. Why? What did man do for 190,000 years when there was no god? Why is there no historical evidence of a god prior to the recorded beginnings of the earth as in the Bible? And please ... having records of burial sites does not denote the existence of a god ... coz even atheists bury their dead!

This book dispassionately explores the possibility that in premodern times man created the theory of a personal God to answer questions about the physical world like, Where did we come from? Where do we go when we die? in order to satisfy the transcendent yearnings of our spiritual brain. In an era when politicians are judged on the basis of the strength of their belief in God, when schools are urged to teach Intelligent Design, and when religious terrorists threaten the existence of Western civilization it is critical to dispassionately examine the question Did God Create Man or Did Man Create God?

https://www.amazon.com/Did-Man-Create-God-Spiritual/dp/1878267728&tag=ff0d01-20

Lessee:
Hinduism
Buddhism
Jainism
Sikhism
Taoism
Shintoism
Zenism
Confucianism and
Vedic Science

I think it's funny

Do you even logic?

I think I found the site where you are getting your arguments from

Did Man Invent God?

Malarky. LOL.

The Greek tradition of pure reason has always clashed with the monotheistic tradition of pure faith, though numerous thinkers have tried to “reconcile” them through the ages. It’s a tidy tale of two pristinely distinct entities that do fine, perhaps, when kept apart, but which hiss and bubble like fire and water when brought together.

Of course, faith is notoriously hard to define, but “belief in God” presents a common-sense starting point. It’s true that we sometimes use the word “faith” to describe non-monotheistic religious traditions such as Buddhism or Hinduism. But even if we acknowledge the marginal presence of something we’d call faith in such traditions, it seems clear that monotheistic religions emphasize faith in ways that other religions do not. Any religious practice implies a basic belief in one’s own objects of worship. That sort of belief, common to all humanity, is the part of our larger religious instinct that we might call the mental faculty of faith. It permits worshippers to accept the existence and divinity of gods whom they themselves do not worship, as people did, for example, in ancient Greece and Rome. Monotheism, by contrast, at least the kind we’re familiar with, requires disbelief in the existence or divinity of other objects of worship. In saying “My God is the only God,” monotheists also say, “Your god isn’t god—unless it’s the same as my God.”

Lessee:
Hinduism
Buddhism
Jainism
Sikhism
Taoism
Shintoism
Zenism
Confucianism and
Vedic Science

I think it's funny

Do you even logic?

The emergence of religious behavior by the Neolithic period has been discussed in terms of evolutionary psychology, the origin of language and mythology, cross-cultural comparison of the anthropology of religion, as well as evidence for spirituality or cultic behavior in the Upper Paleolithic, and similarities in great ape behavior.

Humanity's closest living relatives are common chimpanzees and bonobos. These primates share a common ancestor with humans who lived between six and eight million years ago. It is for this reason that chimpanzees and bonobos are viewed as the best available surrogate for this common ancestor. Barbara King argues that while non-human primates are not religious, they do exhibit some traits that would have been necessary for the evolution of religion. These traits include high intelligence, a capacity for symbolic communication, a sense of social norms, realization of "self" and a concept of continuity. There is inconclusive evidence that Homo neanderthalensis may have buried their dead which is evidence of the use of ritual. The use of burial rituals is thought to be evidence of religious activity, and there is no other evidence that religion existed in human culture before humans reached behavioral modernity.

So do chimps go to heaven?

Atheists are the wisest people. They are living their lives to its fullest without some invisible big brother watching over them. I remember when I became an atheist. I was driving in a car going up north and for the first time I was finally at peace all by myself.

I’m only agnostic because it’s true one can never know for 100% there is no god. Like pink unicorns

Lessee:
Hinduism
Buddhism
Jainism
Sikhism
Taoism
Shintoism
Zenism
Confucianism and
Vedic Science

I think it's funny

Do you even logic?

I think I found the site where you are getting your arguments from

Did Man Invent God?

Malarky. LOL.

The Greek tradition of pure reason has always clashed with the monotheistic tradition of pure faith, though numerous thinkers have tried to “reconcile” them through the ages. It’s a tidy tale of two pristinely distinct entities that do fine, perhaps, when kept apart, but which hiss and bubble like fire and water when brought together.

Of course, faith is notoriously hard to define, but “belief in God” presents a common-sense starting point. It’s true that we sometimes use the word “faith” to describe non-monotheistic religious traditions such as Buddhism or Hinduism. But even if we acknowledge the marginal presence of something we’d call faith in such traditions, it seems clear that monotheistic religions emphasize faith in ways that other religions do not. Any religious practice implies a basic belief in one’s own objects of worship. That sort of belief, common to all humanity, is the part of our larger religious instinct that we might call the mental faculty of faith. It permits worshippers to accept the existence and divinity of gods whom they themselves do not worship, as people did, for example, in ancient Greece and Rome. Monotheism, by contrast, at least the kind we’re familiar with, requires disbelief in the existence or divinity of other objects of worship. In saying “My God is the only God,” monotheists also say, “Your god isn’t god—unless it’s the same as my God.”
Wrong. Monotheism doesn't require me to believe the faiths of all others are wrong. You are confusing that with atheism. And I didn't get my beliefs from any site.

Atheists are the wisest people. They are living their lives to its fullest without some invisible big brother watching over them. I remember when I became an atheist. I was driving in a car going up north and for the first time I was finally at peace all by myself.

I’m only agnostic because it’s true one can never know for 100% there is no god. Like pink unicorns
That hasn't been my observation. You guys don't strike me as intelligent or wise.

If you were at peace with yourself you wouldn't be here discussing religion and God.

Lessee:
Hinduism
Buddhism
Jainism
Sikhism
Taoism
Shintoism
Zenism
Confucianism and
Vedic Science

I think it's funny

Do you even logic?

The emergence of religious behavior by the Neolithic period has been discussed in terms of evolutionary psychology, the origin of language and mythology, cross-cultural comparison of the anthropology of religion, as well as evidence for spirituality or cultic behavior in the Upper Paleolithic, and similarities in great ape behavior.

Humanity's closest living relatives are common chimpanzees and bonobos. These primates share a common ancestor with humans who lived between six and eight million years ago. It is for this reason that chimpanzees and bonobos are viewed as the best available surrogate for this common ancestor. Barbara King argues that while non-human primates are not religious, they do exhibit some traits that would have been necessary for the evolution of religion. These traits include high intelligence, a capacity for symbolic communication, a sense of social norms, realization of "self" and a concept of continuity. There is inconclusive evidence that Homo neanderthalensis may have buried their dead which is evidence of the use of ritual. The use of burial rituals is thought to be evidence of religious activity, and there is no other evidence that religion existed in human culture before humans reached behavioral modernity.

I'm sure all life is dear to our creator. I wouldn't dare presume it to be otherwise.

Lessee:
Hinduism
Buddhism
Jainism
Sikhism
Taoism
Shintoism
Zenism
Confucianism and
Vedic Science

I think it's funny

Do you even logic?
I don't know what you are saying or what I'm saying other than whatever it is you are saying does not prove a god exists. There is no evidence that proves god. You're trying to prove a hypothesis.

Religion – any religion – is at most 10,000 years old. So man lived for over 190,000 years and one day just got up and created a god. Why? What did man do for 190,000 years when there was no god? Why is there no historical evidence of a god prior to the recorded beginnings of the earth as in the Bible? And please ... having records of burial sites does not denote the existence of a god ... coz even atheists bury their dead!

This book dispassionately explores the possibility that in premodern times man created the theory of a personal God to answer questions about the physical world like, Where did we come from? Where do we go when we die? in order to satisfy the transcendent yearnings of our spiritual brain. In an era when politicians are judged on the basis of the strength of their belief in God, when schools are urged to teach Intelligent Design, and when religious terrorists threaten the existence of Western civilization it is critical to dispassionately examine the question Did God Create Man or Did Man Create God?

https://www.amazon.com/Did-Man-Create-God-Spiritual/dp/1878267728&tag=ff0d01-20
Of course you don't know what you are saying. Proof is all around you. You just are ready to examine it yet.

That hasn't been my observation. You guys don't strike me as intelligent or wise.

If you were at peace with yourself you wouldn't be here discussing religion and God.
You notice I do it from time to time. I’m not here as much as you.

I think it's funny

Do you even logic?

I'm sure all life is dear to our creator. I wouldn't dare presume it to be otherwise.
Well many religions teach those animals were put here for us. They don’t go to heaven.

Hopefully some parents teach respect for life. I certainly respect all life

Forum List

Back