Atheism Is Not A Religion!!!

There are two religions that are atheist, atheist in the strictest sense that they don't believe in a god or gods.

One is scientology, which is really a cult. And the other is LaVey's church of Satan. I am not familiar with other satanic churches but LaVey states and believes that gods were created by man and therefore don't exist. Thus instead of having a religion based on the worshipping of a god the church focuses on teachings regarding the true nature of man. And it holds that gods are fiction.
Scientology is a scam and LaVey worship Satan, who is their god. So not atheists.

There are two religions that are atheist, atheist in the strictest sense that they don't believe in a god or gods.

One is scientology, which is really a cult. And the other is LaVey's church of Satan. I am not familiar with other satanic churches but LaVey states and believes that gods were created by man and therefore don't exist. Thus instead of having a religion based on the worshipping of a god the church focuses on teachings regarding the true nature of man. And it holds that gods are fiction.
Scientology is a scam and LaVey worship Satan, who is their god. So not atheists.
LaVey doesn't worship Satan.

Neither of these groups have a God. So yes they are atheist.

Not believing in religion is not a religion. How dumb are you folks?
Atheism is without theism. It really isn't without religion, that would be areligious. I am an areligious theist.

And there are two religions that don't believe in God. One was Anton LeVay's church which you stupidly claimed worships Satan. Proving how dumb you are. A quick Google search will reveal the truth. And scientology which has no deity.

Atheism is without theism. It really isn't without religion, that would be areligious. I am an areligious theist.

And there are two religions that don't believe in God. One was Anton LeVay's church which you stupidly claimed worships Satan. Proving how dumb you are. A quick Google search will reveal the truth. And scientology which has no deity.

Atheism is completely without religion. I know this because as soon as I became an atheist, I lost my religion. That's the great thing about being an atheist....it requires so little of your time. :p

Atheism is completely without religion. I know this because as soon as I became an atheist, I lost my religion. That's the great thing about being an atheist....it requires so little of your time. :p

If you use the scientific method "religiously" then that becomes your religion.
or some variation of it, such as:

1. you either believe something is true or false
2. you compare it to other sources and check for conflicts
3. you either resolve the conflicts and expand/refine your perception
4. if resolution fails, you try to assess where the problem lies
using steps 1, 2, 3 above in a repeat application

Hi Inevitable
but you are not without fans. I am one of them. ;-)
I'm also a secular gentile who is Christian in spirit, but I use natural laws as expressed in Constitution principles
similar to how Christians use the Bible.

(I may be a Buddhist Constitutionalist because I don't believe in political bullying by coercion or exclusion that "causes suffering," but believe in resolving conflicts to establish mutual understanding and peace. Otherwise, people do not have equal security but continue living in anxiety, fearing they must compete with each other; so this creates a vicious cycle of oppression. I see it more in terms of ending suffering because we are interconnected.)

My bf is also a theist but not religious, does not relate to the Christian God or Jesus, and may be a Constitutionalist.
I call him a "self-righteous gentile" as a joke, but he's really more moderate and more libertarian than conservative.

I think America is in a stage where the naturalist and secular humanists are going to have to step up and help resolve political and religious conflicts, if nobody else is neutral enough to facilitate and mediate through them.

It may fall on people like you who can make sense of these messes and sort out the gems from the rocks.

You sound just like a new convert. Sheesh. State it all you want, Carly, bu t you are no more right than Protectionist yammering on about the protection clause or Pop23 about babies and anti marriage equality.

You sound just like a new convert. Sheesh. State it all you want, Carly, bu t you are no more right than Protectionist yammering on about the protection clause or Pop23 about babies and anti marriage equality.

You could knock two of those out just by getting rid of religion. LOL!

If you use the scientific method "religiously" then that becomes your religion.
or some variation of it, such as:

1. you either believe something is true or false
2. you compare it to other sources and check for conflicts
3. you either resolve the conflicts and expand/refine your perception
4. if resolution fails, you try to assess where the problem lies
using steps 1, 2, 3 above in a repeat application

Oh brother.

That is not exactly true. There are two religions that I know of that are atheist. Anton LeVey's church of Satan, and KSW.

That is not exactly true. There are two religions that I know of that are atheist. Anton LeVey's church of Satan, and KSW.

Atheists who don't believe in a god also aren't going to believe in this god's supernatural competitor, and I have no idea what KSW is.

So no, I think that claim is false.

Atheists who don't believe in a god also aren't going to believe in this god's supernatural competitor, and I have no idea what KSW is.

So no, I think that claim is false.

It depends on what you consider a religion. Satanism LeVey style is really more philosophy than religion to me, but it does also have trappings of magic involved which might make it fit into a definition of religion. From what I remember the use of anti-Christian, demonic style names is symbolic rather than from a belief those beings are real.

It is NOT a religion, and if you keep saying it is, I'm going to start my own tax exempt church, and start pounding on your door at dinner time.

Seriously, it sounds ridiculous when you say it.

re·li·gion
riˈlijən/
noun
  1. the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
    "ideas about the relationship between science and religion"
    synonyms:faith, belief, worship, creed; More
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]
For not being a religion it is certainly extraordinarily dogmatic and doctrinaire even though it expounds a single doctrine.

It is NOT a religion, and if you keep saying it is, I'm going to start my own tax exempt church, and start pounding on your door at dinner time.

re·li·gion
riˈlijən/
noun
  1. the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

re·li·gion
riˈlijən/
noun
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

That's nothing more than community center.

Religion is any belief structure that says, "What I am, what I do, what I say, what I know, what I believe ----- makes me important." In this Atheism is decidedly a religious belief.

Forum List

Back