Atheism Is Not A Religion!!!

Calling atheism a religion is like calling bald a hair color
do most bald people deny the existence of hair?.....

Calling atheism a religion is like calling bald a hair color, or not collecting stamps a hobby.

Bumper stickers.
Yet true.
truly silly......bald people don't deny the existence of hair......people who don't collect stamps don't deny the existence of stamps......
Neither stamps nor hair are supernatural inventions of man.

Bad analogies and meaningless comparisons only further degrade your attempt at argument.

Calling atheism a religion is like calling bald a hair color, or not collecting stamps a hobby.

Bumper stickers.
Yet true.
truly silly......bald people don't deny the existence of hair......people who don't collect stamps don't deny the existence of stamps......

Bad analogies and meaningless comparisons only further degrade your attempt at argument.

Which is why I called them bumper stickers.

quite frankly, I don't think you could deduce your way out of a paper bag.....

there is tone of "evidence" that this imaginary man in your head is not real
I would be interested in seeing just one item of evidence you have that God is not real.....

I would be interested in seeing just one item of evidence you have that God is not real.....
Your three gods are not the true gods. Kronos is the true God. I would be interested in seeing just one item of evidence you have that Kronos is not the real, true God.
?????.....apparently the ton of evidence has lost weight......
There has never been any evidence to support any of your gods.

You can't lose what you never had.
you lost what you claimed you had.....a ton of evidence.....apparently you're now admitting you never had it......

Bumper stickers.
Yet true.

of course its a bad analogy.......that's why I pointed out what makes it a bad analogy.......but tuatara keeps trying to use it......let's make a pact to remind him its a bad analogy every time he uses it......

Your three gods are not the true gods. Kronos is the true God. I would be interested in seeing just one item of evidence you have that Kronos is not the real, true God.

you lost what you claimed you had.....a ton of evidence.....apparently you're now admitting you never had it......
That makes no sense.

That makes no sense.
why not......it should be very easy to follow......you said you had a ton of evidence.......now you can't find it.......

That makes no sense.
why not......it should be very easy to follow......you said you had a ton of evidence.......now you can't find it.......
It seems..... You're a bit.....confused...... as usual.....

That makes no sense.

Sealy is the one who said he had a ton of evidence, not Hollie.

That makes no sense.

Sealy is the one who said he had a ton of evidence, not Hollie.
ah, sometimes they seem to merge together into one meaningless, annoying hum.........

Listen stupid. I try to have this conversation with my dad and like you, he can't even take in the information I'm giving him. The entire time I'm explaining why what he just said is wrong, he's shaking his head and thinking about his next thought to say while NEVER listening to a word we say. I have to assume this is exactly what you are doing. Just poo pooing all 46 bits of evidence I've given you.

Why there is no god

I would print that shit off and take it to my dad but he wouldn't read one fucking sentence. You have taken it one step further. You are just blanket saying that all 46 have no merit. Well I'm sure you have given it great thought. NOT! I'm sure if you read any of it you were only 5 words in to every point and already formulating a comeback or reasons why what you are reading is wrong.

For example, you Christians really believe that the bible was written by people who saw Jesus do what he do. This weekend is the SECOND time I've heard that claim said on TCT religion tv. We all know that the bible was written by hearsay. In other words, who's ever pen wrote the words MAYBE was hearing the disciples tell their stories but in most cases that isn't even true. Most if not all the bible was written 3rd or 4th hand ore even more. And which bibles? Bibles have been edited, blablabla.

You know what? Fuck all 46 arguments. If you can get past 1 and 2 and you are still a Christian then you are gullible and brainwashed. But the other 44 reasons you are wrong are my "proof". What more proof should I need? That your imaginary friend is fake? You sure are full of yourself. A god cares for you and watches you and protects you. OMG! LOL

The Theist argument comes down to this. They can't believe there is no god. Even without any evidence either way, they choose to believe there is. Not just generic god mind you but Jesus Jo or Mo God. Before them it was Zeus, Herra, Hercules, etc.

The other reason theists believe? They want there to be a god. Wishful thinking.

3rd? They've been brainwashed. Religion is one way to control the masses.

4th. We've always believed. What is my answer to that? Just remember how uneducated our grandfathers were in the early 1900's. Now x that back to the year 0. They were SHEEP! Suckers! Slaves! Gullible, superstitious, fearful, curious,

The existence and non-existence of a god are not equally probable outcomes.
obviously nothing more than a throwaway, unproveable comment.....there is no valid way to quantify either.....

Really? What odds do you give god? 50 50 odds?
????.....100/100......the chance that the universe we have is the result of random shit happening randomly?......0

The First Cause Argument, or Cosmological Argument, is internally contradictory and raises the following questions: Who or what created god?, Why should a hypothetical ‘cause’ have any of the common attributes of a god?, Why is the ‘cause’ a specific god?, Why can’t the universe be causeless too? and, most importantly, Why rule out all other possible explanations?
only a god could be a 'cause'......
......the universe can't be causeless because it had a beginning......what other explanations do you suggest?.....shit happening randomly?......

Only a god could be a cause? That's what they said about lightening.

God is an ever-receding pocket of ignorance that’s getting smaller and smaller as time goes on.”
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

The First Cause Argument, or Cosmological Argument [2], is internally contradictory and raises the following questions: Who or what created god?, Why should a hypothetical ‘cause’ have any of the common attributes of a god?, Why is the ‘cause’ a specific god?, Why can’t the universe be causeless too? and, most importantly, Why rule out all other possible explanations?

It is fundamentally a ‘god of the gaps’ approach. Our current lack of understanding concerning the Universe’s origins does not automatically mean ‘god’ holds any explanatory value. Metaphysical and theistic speculation are not immediately justified or correct simply because we lack a comprehensive scientific model. Uncertainty is the most valid position and one can honestly say “We just don’t know yet”.

The argument ignores the fact that our everyday understanding of causality has been arrived at via a posteriori inductive reasoning – which means it might not apply to everything. Time, for instance, appears to have begun with the Big Bang, so there might not have been any ’cause’ for the Universe to be an ‘effect’ of since there was probably no time for a ’cause’ to exist in. Applying concepts like time and causality to the Big Bang might be comparable to asking “What is north of the North Pole?” – ultimately nonsensical and incoherent. Furthermore, even if causality could be established it would not immediately imply the existence of a god, much less any particular one, as the properties and nature of the ’cause’ could forever remain a mystery or be naturalistic.

In fact, something can come from nothing and we are able to observe it in the form of virtual particles and quantum vacuum fluctuations. They explain why the early universe lacked uniformity and provided the seeds for the emergence of structure [2][3]. These quantum phenomena are also causeless in the sense that they are objectively and irreducibly random, a fact confirmed by tests of non-local realism and Bell’s Theorem.

Note 1: Theists often state “God is outside of time”. This claim does not actually make their speculation correct. Instead, it brings with it a whole host of problems and may be immediately dismissed as being without basis and a type fallacy known as special pleading.

Number 8 Why there is no god

Not that it matters. You guys will just argue in circles and never respect any of our points so why bother with you. I'm hear to save the future not people who are too far brainwashed. How many people have you converted since being on USMB? LOL.

sealy - you really come pretty close to making the argument that atheism is a religion. Is that your intent?

sealy - you really come pretty close to making the argument that atheism is a religion. Is that your intent?

Not that Atheism is a religion. That is can be treated as a religion. There is no question Sealy demonstrates quite clearly that it can. I too have wondered if that is intentional.

You are just blanket saying that all 46 have no merit.
of course I am.....none of them have merit......

We all know that the bible was written by hearsay.
no we don't all know it....some atheist somewhere claimed it and you keep repeating it......what we know is that that particular argument is one of those without merit.....
Fuck all 46 arguments.
I'm pretty sure that's been the plan all along.......all of them are worthless.....

What more proof should I need?
One item of real evidence......just as I asked for before......

Last edited:
obviously nothing more than a throwaway, unproveable comment.....there is no valid way to quantify either.....

????.....100/100......the chance that the universe we have is the result of random shit happening randomly?......0

The First Cause Argument, or Cosmological Argument, is internally contradictory and raises the following questions: Who or what created god?, Why should a hypothetical ‘cause’ have any of the common attributes of a god?, Why is the ‘cause’ a specific god?, Why can’t the universe be causeless too? and, most importantly, Why rule out all other possible explanations?
......the universe can't be causeless because it had a beginning......what other explanations do you suggest?.....shit happening randomly?......

that would be the abiogenesis guys......lightning strikes a mud puddle and life crawls out......

that would be the abiogenesis guys......lightning strikes a mud puddle and life crawls out......
Nope. Per you YEC'ists, the gawds just snapped their eternal digits 6,000 years ago and all of existence was set in place.

Nope. Per you YEC'ists, the gawds just snapped their eternal digits 6,000 years ago and all of existence was set in place.
Hollie's only remaining argument......she taps her ruby slippers together and says "there's no place like a young earth, there's no place like a young earth"..........

You are just blanket saying that all 46 have no merit.
of course I am.....none of them have merit......

We all know that the bible was written by hearsay.
no we don't all know it....some atheist somewhere claimed it and you keep repeating it......what we know is that that particular argument is one of those without merit.....
Fuck all 46 arguments.
I'm pretty sure that's been the plan all along.......all of them are worthless.....

What more proof should I need?
One item of real evidence......just as I asked for before......

So you don't believe the majority of scholars when they admit that, for example:

Authorship of the Bible - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

According to tradition and early church fathers, the author of Mark is Mark the Evangelist, the companion of the apostle Peter. The gospel, however, appears to rely on several underlying sources, varying in form and in theology, and which tells against the tradition that the gospel was based on Peter's preaching. Various elements within the gospel, including the importance of the authority of Peter and the broadness of the basic theology, suggest that the author wrote in Syria or Palestine for a non-Jewish Christian community which had earlier absorbed the influence of pre-Pauline beliefs and then developed them further independent of Paul.

In other words Mark didn't write Mark.

And Matthew, Luke & John didn't write their books either. Amazing so many Christians don't know this. But even the ones who do somehow are able to explain it away.

All claims of Jesus come from hearsay.

Did Jesus exist

If one accepts the prevailing scientific understanding of the development of the universe, yet also believes in one of the major religions, then presumably a god sat idle for 13.7 billion years – waiting as the stars, galaxies and planets formed. Then it watched with complete and utter indifference as modern Homo Sapians evolved, struggled and died for a further 150,000 years. Finally, a few thousand years ago, this god suddenly decided to reveal itself to several people in the most primitive, illiterate and remote portions of humanity in a completely unverifiable way – and then simply disappeared.

Forum List

Back