Atheism; An Intellectual Dead End

800px-Protestant_branches.svg.png

every denomination is a denial against the legitimacy of 4th century christianity and its history of oppression - they just need the OP as a cheerleader to take the final step. the other desert religions included.
No thanks. They are my brothers too.

they left your church for good reasons, your just the last to know.
I don't see it that way. Diversity of thought is a good thing. It is how nature works.
You get that none of those divisions of Christianity are really all that diverse, right? Christianity is Christianity. Except for Catholicism (which is really different from just about every other denomination in its dogma), all of those denominations basically "broke off" over relatively minor questions of interpretations, like "What does baptize really mean?" So, yeah, you trying to hold out those different denominations as examples of "diversity of thought" really is stretching the concept. In fact, those flavours of Christianity that are truly diverse in their thoughts - Mormons, Jehovah's Witness, for example - most of you other Christians pretty universally dismiss as cults, and not really included in "The Body of Christ". So, yeah...you guys really aren't that interested in "diversity of thought".
I don't see a huge difference in any of them even Catholicism, but then again I see similarities between all major religions too. No one said diversity myst be diametrically opposed to make it diverse, Diversity is what it is. There is a distribution.
Except diversity must be...well...diverse. Do you know what Ghost White, and Floral White are? Still White.
white-1.jpg

That isn't diversity. It's still all white. "Is it a cracker, or a piece of bread?", "Do you sprinkle, pour, or dunk?", "Pre-Trib, or Post-Trib?" aren't diversity. They are all still the exact same religion, with minor interpretive differences that have no effect on the actual religion.

every denomination is a denial against the legitimacy of 4th century christianity and its history of oppression - they just need the OP as a cheerleader to take the final step. the other desert religions included.

I don't see it that way. Diversity of thought is a good thing. It is how nature works.
You get that none of those divisions of Christianity are really all that diverse, right? Christianity is Christianity. Except for Catholicism (which is really different from just about every other denomination in its dogma), all of those denominations basically "broke off" over relatively minor questions of interpretations, like "What does baptize really mean?" So, yeah, you trying to hold out those different denominations as examples of "diversity of thought" really is stretching the concept. In fact, those flavours of Christianity that are truly diverse in their thoughts - Mormons, Jehovah's Witness, for example - most of you other Christians pretty universally dismiss as cults, and not really included in "The Body of Christ". So, yeah...you guys really aren't that interested in "diversity of thought".
The divisions are large, because Christians believe they are unforgivable, non-negotiable absolutes.
Except they are minor. Just because John is convinced that Frank is going to Hell, because he was sprinkled on as a kid, instead of fully dunked as an adult, doesn't really change the actual doctrine of the religion, does it? Then the differences are minor, and calling them "diverse" is an abuse of the word.

You know what religious organization really celebrates diversity of thought? Unitarians. They don't give a shit what your beliefs are. So long as you are tolerant of everyone else, and their individual belief system, they're cool with you, come on in. You are welcome to celebrate. Christian, Hindu, Pagan, Pastafarian, they don't care. It's all celebrating spirituality, as far as their concerned. That's being open to diversity of thought...

Last edited:

they chose a better way than yours, it is by nature they are afraid to see the full light to gain their freedom.
I am happy enough for each person to walk his or her own path. I'm not like you. I have chosen the better portion and it will not be taken away from me. What others do or don't do is up to them.
I am happy enough for each person to walk his or her own path. I'm not like you. I have chosen the better portion and it will not be taken away from me. What others do or don't do is up to them.

you live in a world of ad hominem the same as your barbaric region, 4th century christianity and no those other denominations may be similar in theology but why they are distinct was their distaste for the oppression generated by your political agenda disguised as a religion.

what do you mean "portion", so you too are a denomination ...

the religion of the Almighty is not a book, the Triumph of Good vs Evil, the spoken parable of Noah is all there is - choosing correctly in "Triumph" is the passage to the Everlasting.

your book is a pariah.

There is no denial. By any objective measure Christianity has been a force for good.

... all of those denominations basically "broke off" over relatively minor questions of interpretations ...

the catalyst for the separation was their aversion in some form or another to the oppression generated by the 4th century agenda disguised as a religion. you are correct they did not abandon that origin the 4th century bible.

I don't see a huge difference in any of them even Catholicism, but then again I see similarities between all major religions too. No one said diversity myst be diametrically opposed to make it diverse, Diversity is what it is. There is a distribution.
Except diversity must be...well...diverse. Do you know what Ghost White, and Floral White are? Still White.
white-1.jpg

That isn't diversity. It's still all white. "Is it a cracker, or a piece of bread?", "Do you sprinkle, pour, or dunk?", "Pre-Trib, or Post-Trib?" aren't diversity. They are all still the exact same religion, with minor interpretive differences that have no effect on the actual religion.
And yet the same applies to finches.

Photo Gallery of the different Finch Species

they chose a better way than yours, it is by nature they are afraid to see the full light to gain their freedom.

you live in a world of ad hominem the same as your barbaric region, 4th century christianity and no those other denominations may be similar in theology but why they are distinct was their distaste for the oppression generated by your political agenda disguised as a religion.

the religion of the Almighty is not a book, the Triumph of Good vs Evil, the spoken parable of Noah is all there is - choosing correctly in "Triumph" is the passage to the Everlasting.

your book is a pariah.
Not to me it isn't. If you knew the Bible you would understand what I meant by portion.

white-1.jpg

Nice non-sequitur. Meanwhile you are still a part of a religious system that doesn't exactly encourage true intellectual diversity, and whose factions squabble over small, meaningless minutiae..

white-1.jpg

Nice non-sequitur. Meanwhile you are still a part of a religious system that doesn't exactly encourage true intellectual diversity, and whose factions squabble over small, meaningless minutiae..
You would be surprised what is allowed to go on. We love science and we love diversity of thought. They help form our understanding of objective truth.

white-1.jpg

You would be surprised what is allowed to go on. We love science and we love diversity of thought. They help form our understanding of objective truth.
So you keep claiming...

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

white-1.jpg

So you keep claiming...

And proving.

your book is a pariah.
Not to me it isn't. If you knew the Bible you would understand what I meant by portion.

I have chosen the better portion and it will not be taken away from me.

save us your sympathy, the better portion of what you will not have taken from you, is it 20 questions, surely that makes a lot of sense to your flock of Finche's.

sounds a little paranoid ... I'm quite happy with the spoken religion and have no need to torture anyone. I read part of the first pg and set it down so yes I do know your bible.

your book is a pariah.

I have chosen the better portion and it will not be taken away from me.

save us your sympathy, the better portion of what you will not have taken from you, is it 20 questions, surely that makes a lot of sense to your flock of Finche's.

sounds a little paranoid ... I'm quite happy with the spoken religion and have no need to torture anyone. I read part of the first pg and set it down so yes I do know your bible.
You have no religion and clearly you do have a need to torture Christians. Like I said before if you knew and understood the Bible, you would have known what I meant.

white-1.jpg

So you keep claiming...

And proving.
It's nice that you think that.

white-1.jpg

So you keep claiming...

And proving.
You haven't proved anything.

disobeying Ten simple Commandments is an intellectual dead end, for theists.
No. It is a failure to control urges. That is basic, not intellectual. And it isn't a dead end, it is just a failure to control an urge.
that is a social failure; not a capital failure.
No, it is an individual failure.
socialism involves individuals. capitalism involves individuals, and voluntary social transaction that may involve, mutually beneficial trade.

disobeying Ten simple Commandments is an intellectual dead end, for theists.
No. It is a failure to control urges. That is basic, not intellectual. And it isn't a dead end, it is just a failure to control an urge.
that is a social failure; not a capital failure.
No, it is an individual failure.
socialism involves individuals. capitalism involves individuals, and voluntary social transaction that may involve, mutually beneficial trade.
You would have to have an external locus of control to believe that.

Forum List

Back