At what tax rate do you officially become a slave....?

At what rate of taxes are you officially a slave

• 90%

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • 80%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70%

• 60%

• 50%

• 40%

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • 30%

• 20%

• 10%

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
How can anyone call it a ""Sensible policy" for the government to steal the majority on one's earnings?
I take that back, The Castro brothers would love that policy, in fact I believe it been their policy since they have been running Cuba.

Turns out this works if you are a parasite.

Unfortunately all too often successful entrepreneurs are scoffed at and demonized these days, instead of being applauded and emulated as they should be.
It was Obama's mocking of business owners ("I'm always struck by people who think, 'well, it must be because I was so smart'", "you didn't build that, somebody ELSE made that happen") and -- more importantly -- the reaction to it and defense of it that convinced me that we have turned the corner. Literally.
Obama claimed they didn't build roads....are you claiming they did?
That's not what he said.
Obama talked about the benefits of roads and bridges to business and then said "You didn't build that"

Conservatives only heard "businesses, you didn't build that"

Unfortunately all too often successful entrepreneurs are scoffed at and demonized these days, instead of being applauded and emulated as they should be.
It was Obama's mocking of business owners ("I'm always struck by people who think, 'well, it must be because I was so smart'", "you didn't build that, somebody ELSE made that happen") and -- more importantly -- the reaction to it and defense of it that convinced me that we have turned the corner. Literally.
That's not what he said.
Obama talked about the benefits of roads and bridges to business and then said "You didn't build that"

Independents heard "roads and bridges" as only part of what he actually said.

Hardcore left wing partisan ideologues didn't hear the rest of it.

Somehow they just blocked it out. That's what partisan ideologues do.

How can anyone call it a ""Sensible policy" for the government to steal the majority on one's earnings?
I take that back, The Castro brothers would love that policy, in fact I believe it been their policy since they have been running Cuba.

Since the rich stole that money from the people who did the actual work, I have no real problem with the government "stealing" it back.

Not sure why you do, other than your fantasies about being one of the rich some day.

I was thinking about this question a lot and finally occurred to me

1. The fact one is compelled to pay taxes should tell you you are not totally free.

2. Giving all your wages to the government or any other organization does not make you a slave.

Since the rich stole that money from the people who did the actual work, I have no real problem with the government "stealing" it back.

Not sure why you do, other than your fantasies about being one of the rich some day.
If the government was just, it would force the theif to recompensate the people he stole from

It is interesting that 14 of the voters put slavery occurring at 50% or under for the tax rate..........and a few, sad people think taking 90% of what someone earns is where slavery starts.

1. The fact one is compelled to pay taxes should tell you you are not totally free.

2. Giving all your wages to the government or any other organization does not make you a slave.

Really? That tends to be the definition of slavery...isn't it?

That's not what he said.

Those roads and bridges were only built because the businesses created the need for them, and then created the taxes that paid for them......

It is interesting that 14 of the voters put slavery occurring at 50% or under for the tax rate..........and a few, sad people think taking 90% of what someone earns is where slavery starts.

I would have asked the question more in terms of what is the top tax rate anyone should have to pay would be. I would have answered 10% to that. But you used the word "slave," where my standard was you're a slave when government gets more from what you earn than you do, so I picked 50% for that, a huge gap based on phrasing.

Just my opinion

Really? That tends to be the definition of slavery...isn't it?
Actually neither are!!

Sl

Back when he democrats owned blacks as slaves....some slave with special skills...Metal Smiths, Carpenters....and such, would be rented out to other democrat slave owners........the owner of the slave, to encourage good work, would sometimes allow the slave to keep a tiny, tiny portion of the fee for themselves....

So......at what tax rate does one become a slave?

sanders says he wants to tax the rich at 90%......just slightly less than his democrat brothers did to the skilled slaves.....

I think if you are paying 50% in combined taxes you are an unwilling partner in a partnership with the government...much like the mafia......when you open a business and have to pay them for protection......but I don't think the mafia takes that much......

Anything over 50%....and you are a slave....an unequal member in your own life...where the majority of your work belongs to someone else......you know...a slave.....
Any tax above the mid-teens it's no longer the people's government, it's the governments people...
This country has long passed the point of no return threshold... Lol

How exactly am I subsidized by the tax code?

If you would post your damn tax returns, it could be explained to you.

Maybe you could discuss your LLC with your accountant. He or she will explain what you don't understand about taxes and the subsidies embedded in the tax code. Or the tax avoidance strategy that you are using.

For a business owner you aren't real sharp. Good thing you have an accountant.
maybe you need to learn the defiition of subsidy

The envy tax got it

I call it "Sensible policy". You know, back in the day, when the rich paid confiscatory tax rates and working folks were unionized, we were never more prosperous, never more powerful as a nation.

We fought two world wars, put men on the moon, built truly impressive infrastructure. We changed the world, and for the better.

What do you know about sense? We should be worried less about the world and more worried about this country.

That's not what he said.

But what you people always fail to say is that business pay more for roads than the average person does so they should get more benefit.

And what benefits do average people get from roads? I'd say far more value than than what they pay

If the government was just, it would force the theif to recompensate the people he stole from

perhaps. Of course, we did have institutions that made sure working people got their fair share. They were called "Unions'.
Unions argued for the worker in terms of benefits
In other words, they tried to find a suitable scale for how much each labor should be paid with the owner of the corporation.

This is different from the Communists that seized everything and then decided, without guidelines on how to distribute the wealth. In fact, the Communists government of today would question such a method--the people get what the government gives them. The people do what the government tells them.

I rather have the Capitalists system where my employer gleans a few dollars out of my psyche ck than the Communists system in which I have no way to challenge what I'm paid.

perhaps. Of course, we did have institutions that made sure working people got their fair share. They were called "Unions'.
Unions argued for the worker in terms of benefits
In other words, they tried to find a suitable scale for how much each labor should be paid with the owner of the corporation.

This is different from the Communists that seized everything and then decided, without guidelines on how to distribute the wealth. In fact, the Communists government of today would question such a method--the people get what the government gives them. The people do what the government tells them.

I rather have the Capitalists system where my employer gleans a few dollars out of my psyche ck than the Communists system in which I have no way to challenge what I'm paid.

No way to challenge what you are paid? What a bunch of dependent sheep leftists are.

You don't like your employer, FIRE THEM and get a better one.

My God, you want government to do everything for you

Forum List

Back