At what tax rate do you officially become a slave....?

At what rate of taxes are you officially a slave

• 90%

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • 80%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70%

• 60%

• 50%

• 40%

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • 30%

• 20%

• 10%

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
And I know your type. The guy who blames everyone else for his fuck ups and is jealous of everyone else because of his inferiority complex

NOt at all. There's never a point where I'd want to be you or someone like my ex-boss (who is now kissing my ass trying to get me to throw business his way). Jealousy indicates you have something I want. There's nothing you have I want, and certainly wouldn't want to emulate your narcissism and selfishness.

And I know your type. The guy who blames everyone else for his fuck ups and is jealous of everyone else because of his inferiority complex

NOt at all. There's never a point where I'd want to be you or someone like my ex-boss (who is now kissing my ass trying to get me to throw business his way). Jealousy indicates you have something I want. There's nothing you have I want, and certainly wouldn't want to emulate your narcissism and selfishness.
(who is now kissing my ass trying to get me to throw business his way
What's the matter Joey need a little validation?

That's funny. Not wanting to subsidize people makes me jealous of them.

Can you smell the shit that comes out of your mouth?

Why do you care one way or the other? Guy, the tax breaks you probably get for running a business probably far outweighs what you are "subsizing" poor people for.

And if you heroes (the plutocrats) weren't cheating these people to start with, they wouldn't need subsidies.

The ironic thing is, your heroes are the ones creating the kind of "dependency" you hate so much. MOre government? Why not? NOt having my health insurance go through an employer who tries to cheat me when I make a claim? Awesome.

Can you smell the shit that comes out of your mouth?

Why do you care one way or the other? Guy, the tax breaks you probably get for running a business probably far outweighs what you are "subsizing" poor people for.

And if you heroes (the plutocrats) weren't cheating these people to start with, they wouldn't need subsidies.

The ironic thing is, your heroes are the ones creating the kind of "dependency" you hate so much. MOre government? Why not? NOt having my health insurance go through an employer who tries to cheat me when I make a claim? Awesome.
I thought I didn't have anything but a shithole business and now I qualify for all kinds of tax breaks

Make up your mind

You don't mind being subsidized by the tax code. You're just jealous others get subsidized

You are right. Maybe you aren't jealous. You are a hypocrite.

Which one you think is worse?

You don't mind being subsidized by the tax code. You're just jealous others get subsidized

You are right. Maybe you aren't jealous. You are a hypocrite.

Which one you think is worse?

How exactly am I subsidized by the tax code?

I already told you I never had kids, I don't have a personal mortgage deduction, I do not get more back in refunds than I pay in, so where is this subsidy exactly?

I thought I didn't have anything but a shithole business and now I qualify for all kinds of tax breaks

Make up your mind

90% of the tax code is breaks for shithole businesses. We should just make it a simple tax. You make this much, you pay this much. Period.

And yet you had to make a point of it on line.

Funny that

Besides I don't believe a word of it

Naw, I just find it interesting how the worm has turned. YOu see, this guy is probably the reason why I'm a liberal today. It's when he capped off a discussion explaining one of his truly awful management decisions with, "Well, that's why I'm glad I don't have to deal with a union." It was pretty much at that point I realized that a working guy voting for the GOP is like a Chicken voting for Colonel Sanders.

Now I'm in a position where I make the decision of whether I use his company as a vendor or not. But here's the thing. I'm not a vindictive asshole. I put out competitive bids, and if he makes the best offer, he gets the business. Just like at a previous job, where a good friend of mine worked there, if I didn't get the best bid from them, he didn't get the business.

I separate my personal feeling from the job. Just like when I write a resume for someone and they go on and on about Jesus having a plan for them, I don't snicker at them and use fun terms like "Imaginary Sky Pixie".

Make up your mind

90% of the tax code is breaks for shithole businesses. We should just make it a simple tax. You make this much, you pay this much. Period.

And yet you had to make a point of it on line.

Funny that

Besides I don't believe a word of it

Naw, I just find it interesting how the worm has turned. YOu see, this guy is probably the reason why I'm a liberal today. It's when he capped off a discussion explaining one of his truly awful management decisions with, "Well, that's why I'm glad I don't have to deal with a union." It was pretty much at that point I realized that a working guy voting for the GOP is like a Chicken voting for Colonel Sanders.

Now I'm in a position where I make the decision of whether I use his company as a vendor or not. But here's the thing. I'm not a vindictive asshole. I put out competitive bids, and if he makes the best offer, he gets the business. Just like at a previous job, where a good friend of mine worked there, if I didn't get the best bid from them, he didn't get the business.

I separate my personal feeling from the job. Just like when I write a resume for someone and they go on and on about Jesus having a plan for them, I don't snicker at them and use fun terms like "Imaginary Sky Pixie".

Define tax break. Do you mean a write off for business expenses?
And I'm all for a flat tax

10% of everything you make no deductions no exemptions

everyone files an individual return everyone is treated exactly the same

But you don't really want that do you?

No, the rich should pay their fair share. We should not only go back to pre-Reagan tax rates for the rich, we need to bring back estate taxes.

No, the rich should pay their fair share. We should not only go back to pre-Reagan tax rates for the rich, we need to bring back estate taxes.

So you don't want a simple tax you want the same bloated 70000 page code we have now

How exactly am I subsidized by the tax code?

If you would post your damn tax returns, it could be explained to you.

Maybe you could discuss your LLC with your accountant. He or she will explain what you don't understand about taxes and the subsidies embedded in the tax code. Or the tax avoidance strategy that you are using.

For a business owner you aren't real sharp. Good thing you have an accountant.

At 50% you are 50/50 with the government. Anything over 50% and you are a slave to the government.
Like a Majority shareholder you need to keep at least 51% of your earnings. Now if you figure in all taxes, and not just the income tax
everyone pays more that 50% of their earning to the government. A sad state of affairs that needs to be changed ASAP.

The envy tax got it

I call it "Sensible policy". You know, back in the day, when the rich paid confiscatory tax rates and working folks were unionized, we were never more prosperous, never more powerful as a nation.

We fought two world wars, put men on the moon, built truly impressive infrastructure. We changed the world, and for the better.

How can anyone call it a ""Sensible policy" for the government to steal the majority on one's earnings?
I take that back, The Castro brothers would love that policy, in fact I believe it been their policy since they have been running Cuba.

Strictly looking at it from an economic stance, my take is one feels like a slave at a point when the money that goes towards taxes outweighs the benefits received from government.

I put a high value on military protection, transportation, police, fire, safe drinking water, sewage, trash pickup, public schools, libraries, food and drug inspection, etc. I'm not a person who expects something for nothing and so far I'm not looking to escape.

y
So you don't want a simple tax you want the same bloated 70000 page code we have now

Uh, no. We can have it fit on one page.

"Soak the Rich".

Done.

Impossible to soak the rich because they have their ducks in a row. People on the lower end of the bell curve will always be poor. Bless their Hearts and Darwin rules supreme.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back