Could It Be?

DarkFury

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2015
Sun, Sand And Palm Trees
The biggest liberal nightmare in decades?

"The Hill “I respect Ted,” he told host Bill O’Reilly on Fox News’ “The O’Reilly Factor.” “He was a very strong competitor. He really competed hard and tough.” “He’s certainly a capable guy,” the presumptive GOP presidential nominee added. “It’s something we can think about.”

a-Trump-Cruz-2016-republican-ticket.jpg

"Donald Trump on Wednesday said that he would consider making Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) his Vice Presidential running mate."

TrumpCruz2016II.jpg.png

We shall soon know....
http://www.barenakedislam.com/2016/05/04/will-we-have-a-trump-cruz-ticket/

Fury

Trump said he would "consider" Cruz.

That does not mean he would do it. He was just being nice. There are more viable prospects out there who would actually help him, Cruz is not one of them.

Last edited:
If he's smart he'll run focus groups and polls out the ass to see who helps him most in terms of electoral votes. I don't know that Cruz does that. Then again maybe he does.

As you say, the point is to beat Hillary. VP pick is important, as are cabinet selections, which I heard today he may be be rolling out prior to the convention. Put a capable team on the field and that may sway some people.

If he's smart he'll run focus groups and polls out the ass to see who helps him most in terms of electoral votes. I don't know that Cruz does that. Then again maybe he does.

As you say, the point is to beat Hillary. VP pick is important, as are cabinet selections, which I heard today he may be be rolling out prior to the convention. Put a capable team on the field and that may sway some people.
If he loses 10% of the Trump supporters but gains 70% of the Cruz supporters he's ahead. And he is not a politician he's a business man. He looks at the bottom line.

Ted Cruz will not help him.

After the comments Donald Trump made against Ted Cruz and his family there is no way I could see Ted Cruz accepting.

After the comments Donald Trump made against Ted Cruz and his family there is no way I could see Ted Cruz accepting.
Yea, he has shown us how dear he holds his principles and integrity

Ted is a snake

He will do whatever it takes to get ahead. After all, he pimped his own kids as political fodder in his latest foray into the national political scene. He will help Trump if it benefits him.

If he loses 10% of the Trump supporters but gains 70% of the Cruz supporters he's ahead. And he is not a politician he's a business man. He looks at the bottom line.

Yep, although I'm looking at Independents/undecideds. IMO, most pubs are going to vote for him, regardless of what they're saying now, if for no other reason than the fact that there is no-one, NO_ONE they hate more than Hillary, with the possible exception of Obama.

Put a believable, highly qualified team together, as opposed to the last 8 years of political nonsense like putting shills like Hillary and Susan Rice in high level positions and I think most pubs vote for him anyhow. And I think most people will overlook the fact that he's an asshole when it comes right down to it.

Find a way to get some of the independents, women and hispanics and move the electoral votes as it's the electoral votes that matter now, far as I'm concerned and he's got a tough row to hoe in that respect considering he likely loses CA, IL and NY no matter what he does.

Yep, although I'm looking at Independents/undecideds. IMO, most pubs are going to vote for him, regardless of what they're saying now, if for no other reason than the fact that there is no-one, NO_ONE they hate more than Hillary, with the possible exception of Obama.

Put a believable, highly qualified team together, as opposed to the last 8 years of political nonsense like putting shills like Hillary and Susan Rice in high level positions and I think most pubs vote for him anyhow. And I think most people will overlook the fact that he's an asshole when it comes right down to it.

Find a way to get some of the independents, women and hispanics and move the electoral votes as it's the electoral votes that matter now, far as I'm concerned and he's got a tough row to hoe in that respect considering he likely loses CA, IL and NY no matter what he does.
I agree, the right team is critical.

The easiest way to run for the white house is from the inside. MANY presidents were former VP's.

I am saying it will not happen.

Trump hates Cruz and Cruz will do everything he could to get Trump impeached.

Because Trump said he would consider it is like me saying i would consider something and then just toss it off to the side. It is New Yorker speak of saying " yeah sure, I'll consider that " and they never do.

Trump is smarter than he is letting many believe and he will take someone like Kasich that will give him Ohio before he take Cruz which does not help him.

Also if Cruz was willing to be Trump VP then that tell me Cruz has no integrity and will do anything to further is political career no matter what someone has said about him and his family.

You have to draw a line in the sand and never cross it no matter what the devil offers you...

The easiest way to run for the white house is from the inside. MANY presidents were former VP's.

If Cruz wanted to be Trump's VP, he would have made the deal before he made such a damning statement about Trump and then dropped out.

Forum List

Back