Assassinating American Citizens ... for or against?

Are you in favor of America's policy of assassinating its citizens?

• Yes

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • No

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
I'm for killing terrorists after a warrant for their arrest has been issued and ample time for them to turn themselves in has passed.

Did the killing of Awlaki qualify? A warrant is all you need? I would think you would at least want them to have been indicted. Some semblance of due process. Some official record of why the government decided that this American deserved to die without trial, if only to protect other Americans whom they might target who are not so widely disliked.

No?

Are you really really sad this guy was offed?

Sorry. But when you fuck with the best..you die like the rest.

The constitution only applies to Americans you like?

An enemy of the State is no longer a citizen. I agree with this assassination.

If you are in a war and you join the other side, your side has the right to kill you.

Last edited:
I'm for killing terrorists after a warrant for their arrest has been issued and ample time for them to turn themselves in has passed.

The hypocrisy on the left is stunning. The old "make love not war" and stick a flower in a rifle barrel was just political B.S. The left wants to kill people and break things just like everyone else as long as they have a radical left wing administration but the freaking cowards don't want to get their feet wet.

Killing this guy or OBL was completely justified. It's not a left/right issue. Killing the next head of the snake is also justified unless he recant al Queada's war on American citizens.

Your hypocracy is not stunning, merely typical of the rabid right......

Illegal aliens have been said to be covered by the U.S. Constitution - entitled to due process, etc. I have heartily disagreed. Liberals want to included everyone apparently ... so far not necessarily hypocrisy. Could be ideological differences.

Until today. Now the U.S. Constitution covers noncitizens but does not cover citizens. THAT is hypocrisy.

Fifth Amendment:

No person shall .... be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; ....

A warrant for his arrest was issued.

He failed to comply.

What's the problem here?

Exactly. Not only that, but he was blatantly treasonous - - - last I looked, the penalty for that was?

And last I looked, but the penalty for being an enemy combatant, in a WAR, was?

This is laughable, and the thread title itself is disengenuous.

Did the killing of Awlaki qualify? A warrant is all you need? I would think you would at least want them to have been indicted. Some semblance of due process. Some official record of why the government decided that this American deserved to die without trial, if only to protect other Americans whom they might target who are not so widely disliked.

No?

Are you really really sad this guy was offed?

Sorry. But when you fuck with the best..you die like the rest.

The constitution only applies to Americans you like?

Nope.

And again..not seeing what the problem is?

The Bush administration killed scores of newly minted Al Qaeda agents in Iraq, who never, by the way, did any crimes, without any warrants. And they killed scores of innocent civilians.

You guys weren't boo-hooing any of that.

Last edited:

If you are in a war and you join the other side, your side has the right to kill you.

Nixon considered John Lennon an enemy of the state. ETA: Sorry for not including any American names. I don't have his watch list at hand. But I know there were some Americans on it.

Obama's White House considers returning veterans, single-issue voters, abortion opponents, and gun rights activists potential enemies of the state.

We are well into slippery slope territory here. Halfway down the ravine. It's one thing to be glad that a terrorist has been taken out of commission. It is another thing to be cavalier about the possible constitutional ramifications of this. This is serious stuff. We are not treating it with the sobriety it deserves.

Last edited:

Nixon considered John Lennon an enemy of the state.

Obama's White House considers returning veterans, single-issue voters, abortion opponents, and gun rights activists potential enemies of the state.

We are well into slippery slope territory here. Halfway down the ravine. It's one thing to be glad that a terrorist has been taken out of commission. It is another thing to be cavalier about the possible constitutional ramifications of this. This is serious stuff. We are not treating it with the sobriety it deserves.

Thats ridiculous.:eusa_hand:

I think you ought to be ashamed of yourself for taking up the plight of a Treasonous Traitor who has Declared Open War on your Country, and publicly joined the opposing force *in* an open War.

Really - - - - - ashamed - - - - - of yourself.

Partisanship; though, leads to this sort of low-brow behavior and it's really just fucking sad. Either side, doesn't matter. Loser.

Are you in favor of America's policy of assassinating its citizens?

Amelia, your poll phraseology is very fucked up.

Obviously no one in their right minds would want to assassinate American citizens in a general sense.

However, in the light of the execution of the established leaders of Terrorist Arseholes, and their followers, it should be more than being in favour ........ it should be the duty of our government to execute that scum whether they are American citizens or not.

Last edited:

No?

All enemies, foreign and domestic.

Mike

Fifth Amendment:

No person shall .... be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; ....

Right...he should have lost his citizenship as soon as he joined with the terrorists anyway. I wouldn't consider him a citizen, he lost that right.

Oh if only all our enemies resided on foreign soil. Unfortunately the most devious and dangerous enemy to our way of life walks among us everyday.

The attack on 9/11 devastated us in many ways. However, rather than dividing us, we found ourselves united against a common foe with whom we were able and willing to do battle. Consequently, what has happened to us, our economy and our country are not attributable to anything done on that fateful day.

What happened to us, our economy and our country were the actions of American citizens who saw and took the opportunity to simply rob the people blind. bin Laden had nothing to do with the mortgage meltdown, the excesses of Wall Street, or corporations too big to fail. bin Laden did not orchestrate the largest transfer of public money to private individuals in history. bin Laden was not working at ENRON when Ken Lay decided it would be fun to screw with California's energy. Kw hours went up to $9000 in one day and stayed that way for about 4 or 5 hours.

Terrorists aren't killing America, white collar criminals are. Their greed knows no bounds and their indifference to the consequences of their actions is definitely on par level with the worst terrorist offender. So while we merrily go around the world dispensing those whom we think are our worst enemies, perhaps we should stay closer to home.

At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide. Abraham Lincoln --January 27, 1838

Last edited:

Forum List

Back