Assassinating American Citizens ... for or against?

Are you in favor of America's policy of assassinating its citizens?

• Yes

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • No

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
An enemy of the State is no longer a citizen. I agree with this assassination.

If you are in a war and you join the other side, your side has the right to kill you.

Nixon considered John Lennon an enemy of the state. ETA: Sorry for not including any American names. I don't have his watch list at hand. But I know there were some Americans on it.

Obama's White House considers returning veterans, single-issue voters, abortion opponents, and gun rights activists potential enemies of the state.

We are well into slippery slope territory here. Halfway down the ravine. It's one thing to be glad that a terrorist has been taken out of commission. It is another thing to be cavalier about the possible constitutional ramifications of this. This is serious stuff. We are not treating it with the sobriety it deserves.

Lennon/Nixon. Yes he did however since Lennon was a peace activist and not part of a violent terrorist organization, Nixon tried to have him deported.

John Lennon - FBI Files

returning veterans. Operation Vigilant Eagle I presume? However how roundly would the rabid right critize the Obama Administration if they let another OKC happen? As far as the other is the paragraph do you think they were looking at the radical forms of anti-abortionist(youk now the ones who justify killing doctors) or gun nuts?

There is no slippery slope on this one, just partisan BS.

idiot.

billy_the_kid_wanted_poster_postcard-p239699741543716646trdg_400.jpg

I want this woman to answer an honest question:

He was killed in the Bombing of an al-quada hideout in the Yemen Mountains. Do you have a problem with that?

Apparently this alleged 'policy' doesn't sand up Amelia's vagina quite like a neg rep! :lol:

You are so full of yourself.

I care about the constitution. You neg rep me for it. You don't like my answer. So now you come here to talk about rep?

I don't like the idea at all - I can understand the decision in this case, but it's an awful precedent to set.

Finally. Someone who gets it.

He was killed in the Bombing of an al-quada hideout in the Yemen Mountains. Do you have a problem with that?

She's clearly a partisan asscrack. No additional analysis required.

This is not a law enforcement matter; this is a WAR, and in war, you don't arrest the enemy, you kill the enemy. In this case the object of the exercise had not only allied himself with an armed enemy of the United States, he had become a part of the enemy's command structure. He is thus an enemy combatant, NOT an American (regardless of where he was born) and subject to being taken out whenever and wherever the situation permits. I see no problem with ordering the elimination of an enemy command target, none whatsoever.

I don't have a problem with a member of an enemy organization being killed in a military action against said organization.

I have a problem with an American citizen being specifically targeted for death without due process.

I don't have a problem with a member of an enemy organization being killed in a military action against said organization.

I have a problem with an American citizen being specifically targeted for death without due process.

Then you don't have a problem with the way he was killed, because he was inside of an al quada hideout and we're, you know, AT WAR WITH AL QUADA, so........you have no story here.

He was an Al Queda dirtbag.

From news reports this AM he was a A dirtbag had a hand in Ft. Hood, the underwear bomber and the shoe bomber.

He also was in direct contact with at least three of the dirtbags who flew planes on 9/11.

There was no due process for the folks that died that day.

He was an Al Queda dirtbag and I don't give a shit if he was born in America. Good riddance to him and I hope we get many, many more of his buddies.

Last edited:
According to Amelia Bedelia's nonsensical standard, all Al Qaida has to do is recruit American citizens and place one at every hideout they have, and we wouldn't be able to bomb them.

How fucking retarded is that? Seriously? :lmao:

According to Amelia Bedelia's nonsensical standard, all Al Qaida has to do is recruit American citizens and place one at every hideout they have, and we wouldn't be able to bomb them.

Bullshit. That's not what I am saying.

I'm just saying your reason for going after the hideouts should not be that you are specifically targeting the American citizens inside without due process.

When you have to twist someone's position to try to justify your tirade against the person that shows the weakness of your position.

Fifth Amendment:

No person shall .... be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; ....

Last edited:

^this.

Bullshit. That's not what I am saying.

I'm just saying you don't go after the hideouts because you are specifically targeting the American citizens inside without due process.

When you have to twist someone's position to try to justify your tirade against the person that shows the weakness of your position.

Fifth Amendment:

No person shall .... be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; ....

We're going after the hideouts regardless if he's there or not, get your head out of your ass.

And even if he were being targeted, he's a LEADER in the enemy organization that WE'RE AT WAR WITH.

Do you think war is funny? Think it's cute? Think it's ok to literally pack your bags and move to the middle east and become a LEADER for the ENEMY, in a WAR against your Country, and not be targeted? <-- that's insanity. You're being obtuse and irrational and you're kicking dirt on the people who defend this Country from scum who are AT WAR with us.

Please tell me the difference - as you know it - between an Enemy Combatant, and a Criminal.

Forum List

Back