Aspirations

As of 3:44 I was still holding my aspiration. By 4:30 I had lost it. Thank you for pointing out that I blew it today. I've had a pretty good run without incident until today.

I've made an agreement with myself, that if I mess up, I will take some time off the forum. See ya.
Not too much of a good run, Sky. You were insulting several yesterday.

I wouldn't call that too much progress, but to each his own.

Not many people would have the courage to make a public declaration of aspirations and hold myself accountable.

I am proud of myself for doing that. I will keep working on it, until I completely succeed. Every day is a new beginning.

I can see what led up to it, and I will change a few things that will enable me to be more successful in the future. Have fun piling on. Go for it. Neg rep fest.

Last edited:
As of 3:44 I was still holding my aspiration. By 4:30 I had lost it. Thank you for pointing out that I blew it today. I've had a pretty good run without incident until today.

I've made an agreement with myself, that if I mess up, I will take some time off the forum. See ya.

Not many people would have the courage to make a public declaration of aspirations and hold myself accountable.

I am proud of myself for doing that. I will keep working on it, until I completely succeed. Every day is a new beginning.
Well, you really didn't hold yourself too accountable, now did you?

Yesterday you were insulting as all hell to several here, yet you posted that you were on track.

It gave me a good chuckle, but I like to see success stories.

As I said, I think you are going about this in a way that ensures your failure. I don't know about you, but failing doesn't make me feel all that good. So, I set reasonable expectations as much as I can. Why anyone would WANT to fail is beyond me. But I am not too good at understanding why you so often look for ways to feel bad, even when there is nothing there.

And, I certainly don't depend on others to make me feel good - or bad.

And to address your edit after my post:

Sky said:
I can see what led up to it, and I will change a few things that will enable me to be more successful in the future. Have fun piling on. Go for it. Neg rep fest

That's a perfect example of your looking for reasons to feel bad when there is no reason to do so. You know damn well the only rep you got from me was a pos rep.

But, you seem to want folks to pity you. How very odd.

I will assure you of one thing, Sky. I will never pity you; I will never feel bad for you. I rarely feel pity, because that is for the weak. I will never feel bad for you when you CHOOSE to be a victim and CHOOSE to take innocuous words in as an imagined affront to feel bad, when there is nothing there.

Hell, it's gotten so bad that you imagine negs that don't exist.

Last edited:

Well, you really didn't hold yourself too accountable, now did you?

Yesterday you were insulting as all hell to several here, yet you posted that you were on track.

It gave me a good chuckle, but I like to see success stories.

As I said, I think you are going about this in a way that ensures your failure. I don't know about you, but failing doesn't make me feel all that good. So, I set reasonable expectations as much as I can. Why anyone would WANT to fail is beyond me. But I am not too good at understanding why you so often look for ways to feel bad, even when there is nothing there.

And, I certainly don't depend on others to make me feel good - or bad.

I don't depend on you or anyone else to make me feel good. I started this thread as a way to celebrate my birthday and my positive intentions for the year.

I continue to work on it.

I don't feel badly about myself when I fail. I pick myself up and start over. I understand how this happened today, and I am going to take steps to ensure it doesn't happen again.

There was a point when I needed to stop posting and I didn't. I'll do better next time.

Sky said:
I can see what led up to it, and I will change a few things that will enable me to be more successful in the future. Have fun piling on. Go for it. Neg rep fest

That's a perfect example of your looking for reasons to feel bad when there is no reason to do so. You know damn well the only rep you got from me was a pos rep.

I will assure you of one thing, Sky. I will never pity you; I will never feel bad for you. I rarely feel pity, because that is for the weak. I will never feel bad for you when you CHOOSE to be a victim and CHOOSE to take innocuous words in as an imagined affront to feel bad, when there is nothing there.

Frankly, I don't care what you think of me. I care what I think of me. I'm fine with not being perfect. I didn't set aspirations expecting to succeed every day. I have modest goals.

I just figured out why I got hooked on the del thing today, and it has nothing to do with del.

Someone I thought was a friend, a man, hit on me last night, and I'm pissed off about it. I feel so stupid for befriending him.

Last edited:

Sky said:

Frankly, I don't care what you think of me. I care what I think of me. I'm fine with not being perfect. I didn't set aspirations expecting to succeed every day. I have modest goals.
Good for you, Sky! That is exactly what I am saying. Don't care so much about what others think of you.

A friend of mine often says, 'Don't give others space in your head rent-free!" I like that. I also know that what others think of me really is none of my business. Those two ideas help me, and I hope they help you.

And, I assure you that I am ALSO fine with you not being perfect.

Good for you, Sky! That is exactly what I am saying. Don't care so much about what others think of you.

A friend of mine often says, 'Don't give others space in your head rent-free!" I like that. I also know that what others think of me really is none of my business. Those two ideas help me, and I hope they help you.

Thanks, Si Modo. That is kind of you.

And to your edit after I posted :)lol:):
Sky said:
I just figured out why I got hooked on the del thing today, and it has nothing to do with del.

Someone I thought was a friend, a man, hit on me last night, and I'm pissed off about it. I feel so stupid for befriending him.
Well, that's good that you figured out that you were transferring your anger onto someone who didn't deserve it.

Again, if someone hit on you inappropriately, that is on THEM, and it is no reflection on YOU. It has nothing to do with you.

Sky said:

Well, that's good that you figured out that you were transferring your anger onto someone who didn't deserve it.

Again, if someone hit on you inappropriately, that is on THEM, and it is no reflection on YOU. It has nothing to do with you.

I'm too trusting.

Well, thanks for thinking it's kind of me, but I'm just telling it how I see it. You know that's what I do. ;)

If you like that, that's great.

Well, thanks for thinking it's kind of me, but I'm just telling it how I see it. You know that's what I do. ;)

Ok, if you don't like being called kind, I'll take it back.:eusa_silenced:

Sky said:

I'm too trusting.
Sky, trust me...I've been there; a lot of us have been there. No one likes to be bamboozled or duped. Here's an exercise you might find useful:

Give yourself permission to feel bad/angry/whatever about it for an entire two minutes. Yell, scream, holler, cuss, cry, whatever during that time.

After two minutes is up, convince yourself that they don't deserve to suck any more energy from you.

I hope it works for you.

Ok, if you don't like being called kind, I'll take it back.:eusa_silenced:
:lol: Well, I don't like it or dislike it, to be honest.

I've obviously misunderstood; apparently it's a compliment, so I will graciously accept it. :)

Ok. I'll never call you kind again. It's a compliment for me.

I'd like to be able to say I'm sorry to Syrenn, but I don't feel sorry, so it would be insincere. I don't care if I ever talk to her again in my lifetime.

I'd like to be able to say I'm sorry to Syrenn, but I don't feel sorry, so it would be insincere. I don't care if I ever talk to her again in my lifetime.

So much for your aspirations sky. That's the thing, i know you are not sorry. Which is why this whole aspiration thing is not good for you, just as Si is pointing out. You are setting your self up for failure.

You can not change who you are. You can not change your personality.

Forum List

Back