Ask a Progressive

Wait, Obama DIDN'T run as a fiscal Conservative?

Didn't he promise to go through the budget with a fine toothed comb and wasn't he against earmarks?

Q: This year’s deficit will reach $455 billion. Won’t some programs you are proposing have to be eliminated?

OBAMA: Every dollar I’ve proposed, I’ve proposed an additional cut hat it matches. To give an example, we spend $15 billion a year on subsidies to insurance companies. It doesn’t help seniors get better. It’s a giveaway. I want to go through the federal budget line by line, programs that don’t work, we cut. Programs we need, we should make them work better. Once we get through this economic crisis, we’re going to have to embrace a culture of responsibility, all of us, corporations, the federal government, & individuals who may be living beyond their means.

Yes, Frank he did. What you fail to remember is that most demonRats have selective hearing. there's been some sort of faulty "filter" installed in their think boxes. :lol::lol:

Didn't he promise to go through the budget with a fine toothed comb and wasn't he against earmarks?

Q: This year’s deficit will reach $455 billion. Won’t some programs you are proposing have to be eliminated?

OBAMA: Every dollar I’ve proposed, I’ve proposed an additional cut hat it matches. To give an example, we spend $15 billion a year on subsidies to insurance companies. It doesn’t help seniors get better. It’s a giveaway. I want to go through the federal budget line by line, programs that don’t work, we cut. Programs we need, we should make them work better. Once we get through this economic crisis, we’re going to have to embrace a culture of responsibility, all of us, corporations, the federal government, & individuals who may be living beyond their means.

Yes, Frank he did. What you fail to remember is that most demonRats have selective hearing. there's been some sort of faulty "filter" installed in their think boxes. :lol::lol:

Obama ran on being fiscally RESPONSIBLE not fiscally CONSERVATIVE. But then, before he could get into office, Dubya flushed the entire world's economy down the crapper and Obama was forced to pump capital into it in order to keep it alive. Clearly, had he not inherited a bucket of shit, he would have been able to exercise more fiscal RESPONSIBILITY from the git go.

Key ingredient here. Inherent inability to think "Outside the proverbial 'BOX' " A key preresequite for LOGIC...

~KUDOS!

Obama ran on being fiscally RESPONSIBLE not fiscally CONSERVATIVE. But then, before he could get into office, Dubya flushed the entire world's economy down the crapper and Obama was forced to pump capital into it in order to keep it alive. Clearly, had he not inherited a bucket of shit, he would have been able to exercise more fiscal RESPONSIBILITY from the git go.

:lol: You really blame all the boondoggles that Obama has supported are because of BOOSH ruining the economy? You do realize that economists, you know people who handle money for a living, almost unanimously agree that Dubya's "stimulus" bill was a huge failure both as an idea and as a practical application?

:lol: You really blame all the boondoggles that Obama has supported are because of BOOSH ruining the economy? You do realize that economists, you know people who handle money for a living, almost unanimously agree that Dubya's "stimulus" bill was a huge failure both as an idea and as a practical application?

And then Obama's [and the Statist Congressional Approval] to triple it...with MORE to be added later on?

-Go Figure-

There are questions I'd like to ask of Progressives and what better place than here:

1. Is government the answer to every problem?

2. Why did Obama run as a fiscal Conservative?

3. If mankind is warming the planet with CO2 how come you can't replicate the results in even a single laboratory experiment?

4. Are you ever going to address the funding shortfalls in the Federal social programs?

5. Is there any Democrat currently in government that is "too far Left"?

1. No. There is no replacement for the family. When nobody loves a child, almost 98% of the time it will grow up to be damaged and a burden on the rest of us. And no bureaucracy can be run with a profit motive. Lean, efficient operations are inherently not governmental in nature.

2. WTF ever claimed Obama was a fiscal conservative?

3. I dunno, as I am not a scientist. However I'm guessing it might be hard to duplicate the Polar Ice Caps in a lab.

4. Yes. Get Big Business off the government tit and let's see how things stand.

5. There are plenty of pols who claim to be "liberals" or "progressives" I disagree with. I think Pelosi and Clinton (actually both Clintons) are a waste of space.

Let me ask YOU a few questions, CrusaderFrank:

1. Why is change so scary you try and prevent it every single time?

2. Why do you cling to Palin as if she were a viable adult?

3. Why do you resist the need to transition from fossil fuels to alternative energy?

4. Are you ever going to address the abomination of Corporate Welfare?

5. Are you ever going to divorce yourself from the lunatics, religious maniacs, xenophobes, and other fringers that prevent the voices of fiscal conservatism from sounding balanced or wise or appealing to mainstream America?

1. Change is scary? What? I reject the Progressive notion that change is a remedy to something fundamentally flawed with the status quo. The status quo has made us the most prosperous and powerful nation on the planet in a relative blink of an eye.

Are you even listening to yourself?

If something is fundamentally flawed with a system we shouldn't attempt to change it?

I guess the founders had it wrong.

try to focus.. has obie wan gone through the budget with a fine toothed comb? Has obie wan signed bills with earmarks? Has obie wan spent more money than all the presidents combined.. :eusa_eh: see? how that selecting filter of yers is busted? I knew you'd be reasonable.

1. No. There is no replacement for the family. When nobody loves a child, almost 98% of the time it will grow up to be damaged and a burden on the rest of us. And no bureaucracy can be run with a profit motive. Lean, efficient operations are inherently not governmental in nature.

3. I dunno, as I am not a scientist. However I'm guessing it might be hard to duplicate the Polar Ice Caps in a lab.

5. There are plenty of pols who claim to be "liberals" or "progressives" I disagree with. I think Pelosi and Clinton (actually both Clintons) are a waste of space.

3. Why do you resist the need to transition from fossil fuels to alternative energy?

5. Are you ever going to divorce yourself from the lunatics, religious maniacs, xenophobes, and other fringers that prevent the voices of fiscal conservatism from sounding balanced or wise or appealing to mainstream America?

1. Change is scary? What? I reject the Progressive notion that change is a remedy to something fundamentally flawed with the status quo. The status quo has made us the most prosperous and powerful nation on the planet in a relative blink of an eye.

If something is fundamentally flawed with a system we shouldn't attempt to change it?

As do YOU have it WRONG. The Founders MEANT for the people to be watching and question EVERYTHING Government was doing...for it had and HAS a direct impact on our lives.

They by their writings told us to be suspicious of those we elect for the very reason that THEY wouldn't necessarily have our interests at heart...and we were to take ZERO with a grain of salt...Trust NO ONE...Question Early and Often.

Defend the Liberty.

NO they didn't have it wrong. The people for generations HAVE for TRUSTING the crroks and LIARS we are faced with NOW.

And *YOU* have trouble with this precept? How exactly? "A Republic if you can keep it" sounds as some pretty SAGE advice if you ask me.

Last edited:

The only fundamental flaw are the portions of the Progressive agenda. The Founders had it right, Obama's and the Progressives have it wrong.

What in the Progressive view is "Fundamentally flawed" about the system and why don't you address it honestly?

The only fundamental flaw are the portions of the Progressive agenda. The Founders had it right, Obama's and the Progressives have it wrong.

What in the Progressive view is "Fundamentally flawed" about the system and why don't you address it honestly?

As do YOU have it WRONG. The Founders MEANT for the people to be watching and question EVERYTHING Government was doing...for it had and HAS a direct impact on our lives.

They by their writings told us to be suspicious of those we elect for the very reason that THEY wouldn't necessarily have our interests at heart...and we were to take ZERO with a grain of salt...Trust NO ONE...Question Early and Often.

Defend the Liberty.

NO they didn't have it wrong. The people for generations HAVE for TRUSTING the crroks and LIARS we are faced with NOW.

And *YOU* have trouble with this precept? How exactly? "A Republic if you can keep it" sounds as some pretty SAGE advice if you ask me.

I have no idea what you're getting at but it's quite clear that the founders weren't people who blindingly stuck to tradition nor fled from the idea of change which is what Crusader seems to want judging from his quotes.

Nice straw men.

I never said that I was a progressive nor did I say something is fundamentally wrong all I said was that your apparent attitude of 'change is never the solution' is stupid.

My single question...is there a right wing pea brain on this planet that doesn't pose every issue in a polarized manner?

Polarized Thinking (false choice, dichotomy, primal thinking, false dilemma, black and white thinking): This is the fallacy of thinking that things are either black or white, good or bad, all or nothing. This fallacy can lead to rigid and harmful rules based on primal thinking when it is efficient to compress complex information into simplistic categories for rapid decision making during times of stress, conflict, or threat. Polarized thinking can also lead to unhelpful forms of perfectionism. The reality often lies in the sizable middle ground between these extreme poles.

The same could be asked about left wing nuts and you are completely dishonest if you deny that.

You're mixing up your species: Wingnuts are strictly oriented to the Right. Moonbats are the Lefties.

My single question...is there a right wing pea brain on this planet that doesn't pose every issue in a polarized manner?

Polarized Thinking (false choice, dichotomy, primal thinking, false dilemma, black and white thinking): This is the fallacy of thinking that things are either black or white, good or bad, all or nothing. This fallacy can lead to rigid and harmful rules based on primal thinking when it is efficient to compress complex information into simplistic categories for rapid decision making during times of stress, conflict, or threat. Polarized thinking can also lead to unhelpful forms of perfectionism. The reality often lies in the sizable middle ground between these extreme poles.

The same could be asked about left wing nuts and you are completely dishonest if you deny that.

You're mixing up your species: Wingnuts are strictly oriented to the Right. Moonbats are the Lefties.

*Disagree* they are interchangable...and can be interspersed [party non-factor].

Oh, my bad....

No, of course not, but given republican incompetence from Coolidge/Hoover and Reagan Bushs, it is sometimes required to save the Nation from a complete meltdown. Please realize someone has to correct the problems caused by republican voodoo economics and chickhawk hubris. Or are you Rip Van Winkle's cousin Frank?

He did? That is news to me. Obama ran on a change from a plutocracy which was ruining the nation to a society that considered there were more people in the US besides the wealthy and connected. This concept is beyond you social Darwinists, but there are lots of third worl nations in which you would be right at home.

I already posted the proof that this is easily done. Were you asleep or just lost in deep thought listening to Rush and Glenn? See below.

Yep, same way Reagan did, raise taxes and salary levels. Also control costs. And I do fine, let's not make this personal, let's consider once at least the health of the whole Nation.

Not in my opinion, actually I think none of them are far enough left if left means liberal in the sense JFK wrote. "If by a 'Liberal' they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a 'Liberal,' then I'm proud to say I'm a 'Liberal.'" John F Kennedy

Repost ==========================

Global Warming made easy

The world cannot argue for itself
The seas and lakes cannot say stop
The air cannot use a ventilator
A dying tree cannot see a doctor
Buffaloes wolves and bears disappear

"We challenged two leading British scientists to try to prove the science of global warming to a group of people whose views very loosely reflect national opinions.

And, as if that wasn't tough enough we asked them to do it in my kitchen.

Can they do it? Well, you can see for yourself."

BBC - Ethical Man blog: In praise of scepticism

IPCC - Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change

400,000 year view global warming
James Balog: Time-lapse proof of extreme ice loss | Video on TED.com

No, of course not, but given republican incompetence from Coolidge/Hoover and Reagan Bushs, it is sometimes required to save the Nation from a complete meltdown. Please realize someone has to correct the problems caused by republican voodoo economics and chickhawk hubris. Or are you Rip Van Winkle's cousin Frank?

He did? That is news to me. Obama ran on a change from a plutocracy which was ruining the nation to a society that considered there were more people in the US besides the wealthy and connected. This concept is beyond you social Darwinists, but there are lots of third worl nations in which you would be right at home.

I already posted the proof that this is easily done. Were you asleep or just lost in deep thought listening to Rush and Glenn? See below.

Yep, same way Reagan did, raise taxes and salary levels. Also control costs. And I do fine, let's not make this personal, let's consider once at least the health of the whole Nation.

Not in my opinion, actually I think none of them are far enough left if left means liberal in the sense JFK wrote. "If by a 'Liberal' they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a 'Liberal,' then I'm proud to say I'm a 'Liberal.'" John F Kennedy

Repost ==========================

Global Warming made easy

The world cannot argue for itself
The seas and lakes cannot say stop
The air cannot use a ventilator
A dying tree cannot see a doctor
Buffaloes wolves and bears disappear

"We challenged two leading British scientists to try to prove the science of global warming to a group of people whose views very loosely reflect national opinions.

And, as if that wasn't tough enough we asked them to do it in my kitchen.

Can they do it? Well, you can see for yourself."

BBC - Ethical Man blog: In praise of scepticism

IPCC - Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change

400,000 year view global warming
James Balog: Time-lapse proof of extreme ice loss | Video on TED.com

Dismissed on PARTISAN lines by me. it's MORE than this. And *YOU* pretend that the -Other Side- is blameless?

Shed the partisan blinders...would you?

Oh, my bad....

Indeed. Quite naughty. The Political Corrected Police may need to get involved.

I know, I'm not good on keeping my political slurs or my racial slurs straight.

Start a thread with the wrong WORDS...one way or another...the appropriate offenders will gravitate toward your question like MOTHS to the flame my friend.

If there's Will? There's MEANS. ;) You Can sort it out then...

Forum List

Back