As workplace raids multiply, Trump administration charges few companies

all you gotta do is PROVE that the Hirer KNEW that he was hiring 'Illegals' . I think that PROOF is needed in the American Legal System SuperB .
Negligence is still ground

If you hired workers without verifying their citizenship, you are still guilty
-------------------------------------------- employers got it all figgered out so they can take advantage so might as well go after the poor widdle low hanging fruit thats easy to get .
Lock up a few executives, handcuff them in front of friends and family

Jobs will dry up

all you gotta do is PROVE that the Hirer KNEW that he was hiring 'Illegals' . I think that PROOF is needed in the American Legal System SuperB .

-------------------------------------------- employers got it all figgered out so they can take advantage so might as well go after the poor widdle low hanging fruit thats easy to get .

Jobs will dry up
--------------------------------------------------- agree , course arrests need to be made , charges filed and it'll take a long time . And the charges will be fought probably for years using big money that means very little to the big money man that owns huge companies RWinger .

Jobs will dry up
--------------------------------------------------- agree , course arrests need to be made , charges filed and it'll take a long time . And the charges will be fought probably for years using big money that means very little to the big money man that owns huge companies RWinger .

So is the answer to keep doing business as usual.

change the laws i guess , let an employer Discriminate and turn in those that he ASSUMES in good faith are illegal aliens SuperB .

change the laws i guess , let an employer Discriminate and turn in those that he ASSUMES in good faith are illegal aliens SuperB .

Why not just follow the laws that are already on the books, I thought the right was against more laws.
------------------------------------------------------------- I ASSUME that the Laws on the books are being followed SuperB .

Jobs will dry up
You gotta start somewhere

Use existing everify and keep a record

If the guy checks out, hire him
If it turns out later he was illegal, you are off the hook

The Trump administration has eagerly pursued arrests of undocumented immigrants over the last two years, culminating in a record-setting raid of Mississippi poultry plants this week. But the administration appears to have been far less aggressive in going after corporations involved in those cases.

Prosecuting corporations, as opposed to individual workers or managers, for immigration-related offenses was also relatively rare during the Obama administration, but it has slowed further under the Trump administration, according to a database maintained by Duke University and the University of Virginia and data reviewed by The Washington Post.

The Corporate Prosecution Registry tracks cases in which companies, rather than individuals, are charged with violating federal law, and it includes cases resolved with plea agreements as well as deferred and non-prosecution agreements.

There were at least 88 such cases against companies for immigration violations between 2009 and 2016 during the Obama administration and at least five companies prosecuted for immigration violations since Trump took office in 2017, according to the data on corporate prosecutions and a review of news releases from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Why are these corporations and owners never charged for hiring these illegals? This is a prime example of why illegals come to this country.
Because Trump is a hypocrite.

This is about Trump's bigotry and hate, not a comprehensive enforcement of immigration law.

damn right.
Trump business empire shuns E-Verify, hires illegal immigrants

By Stephen Dinan and S.A. Miller - The Washington Times - Thursday, December 6, 2018
Just five of the 565 companies in President Trump’s business empire are signed up to use E-Verify, the government’s best tool to weed illegal immigrants out of the workforce, according to a Washington Times analysis that suggests the president could personally be doing more on that front.

Mr. Trump’s golf courses in Charlotte, Los Angeles and Miami, his hotel in Washington, D.C., and a hotel he operated in New York are signed up.

But his marquee Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida is not signed up, nor are his golf courses in Virginia, Philadelphia or Bedminster, New Jersey — where, The New York Times reported Thursday, some illegal immigrants have been working for years.

One of them, Victorina Morales, a Guatemalan woman who jumped the border in 1999, has been at the Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster for more than five years, making Mr. Trump’s bed, cleaning his toilet and dusting his golf trophies, the newspaper reported.

“I never imagined, as an immigrant from the countryside in Guatemala, that I would see such important people close up,” she said, in Spanish — though she also complained to the paper about Mr. Trump’s “abuse, the insults, the way he talks about us when he knows that we are here helping him make money.”

Ms. Morales did fill out some immigration-related employment documents for the Trump golf club, but those were likely I-9 forms, which illegal immigrants regularly fill out using fake identities and Social Security numbers — and are rarely caught.

Trump business empire shuns E-Verify, hires illegal immigrants

The Trump Organization employed illegal immigrants Published: Jan 30, 2019 10:55 a.m. ET

A pipeline of undocumented workers for Donald Trump ran from Costa Rica to N.J.: 'My whole town practically lived there'

Why not just follow the laws that are already on the books, I thought the right was against more laws.
------------------------------------------------------------- I ASSUME that the Laws on the books are being followed SuperB .

See that is what happens when you AssUMe. If the laws were being followed why weren't the CEOs or owners of these companies arrested during these raids?

The Trump administration has eagerly pursued arrests of undocumented immigrants over the last two years, culminating in a record-setting raid of Mississippi poultry plants this week. But the administration appears to have been far less aggressive in going after corporations involved in those cases.

Prosecuting corporations, as opposed to individual workers or managers, for immigration-related offenses was also relatively rare during the Obama administration, but it has slowed further under the Trump administration, according to a database maintained by Duke University and the University of Virginia and data reviewed by The Washington Post.

The Corporate Prosecution Registry tracks cases in which companies, rather than individuals, are charged with violating federal law, and it includes cases resolved with plea agreements as well as deferred and non-prosecution agreements.

There were at least 88 such cases against companies for immigration violations between 2009 and 2016 during the Obama administration and at least five companies prosecuted for immigration violations since Trump took office in 2017, according to the data on corporate prosecutions and a review of news releases from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Why are these corporations and owners never charged for hiring these illegals? This is a prime example of why illegals come to this country.

I'm all for fining the shit out of companies that hire illegals.
Yet neither side has mentioned it.
I've been mentioning it for years, and no one ever responded.

And who the fuck are you?

It absolutely blows my mind that we have an entire MSM, and millions of Americans (Dimocrats) that are outraged that our immigration laws were enforced.
Just fucking bizarre.

It absolutely blows my mind that we have an entire MSM, and millions of Americans (Dimocrats) that are outraged that our immigration laws were enforced.
Just fucking bizarre.

Try not to confuse not giving a shit with being outraged

everything is cool , arrest and deport the illegal chicken plucker as fast as possible .

Last edited:

Trump gets a 'two for one' with this approach.

Trump is portrayed to his base as being tuff on the brown folks with such raids of illegals, while at the same time Trump's business friends suffer no real (monetary) damage to their operations via government fines.

This gives Trump's base a HUGE MAGA WOODY & it offers 'big business' a proverbial get out of jail free card.

It's like happy hour for idiots that don't drink.

Forum List

Back