As A Black Person Why Should I Celebrate the 4th of July?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
My neighbor came over and asked if I was going to do fireworks today. I told her no and that I do not celebrate the 4th. She asked me why and I told her I didnt want to spoil her fun. She insisted I tell her and I eventually relented. I told her that my ancestors were still enslaved on this day even though a man that looked like me was the first to die in defense of this country.

Why celebrate anything? We all die and it amounts to nothing, anyway. All is vanity.
All.

My neighbor came over and asked if I was going to do fireworks today. I told her no and that I do not celebrate the 4th. She asked me why and I told her I didnt want to spoil her fun. She insisted I tell her and I eventually relented. I told her that my ancestors were still enslaved on this day even though a man that looked like me was the first to die in defense of this country.
No one cares.

No one cares.
If thats true why do people ask me why I dont celebrate the 4th?

Many black patriots fought and died in the Revolutionary war for American independence.

But I guess it's still your freedom of choice to spit on your ancestors heroics that we celebrate on the 4th of July. ... :cool:

personally , i hope that you don't celebrate , feck ya . You can have an anti July 4th celebration with the mexicans , muslims and imported 'fifth column' of 'third worlders' in the USA Ace .

No one cares.
------------------------------------------------------------------ guess that it was a chick that asked you . Well , sounds like she is stupid Ace ,

No one cares.
------------------------------------------------- i wouldn't ask you because i don't care plus i really wouldn't want to give you a chance or soapbox to WHINE from .

No one cares.
Nobody did, you just put it out there. so take your racist garbage and fuck off

It must really suck to have to drag around that burdensome modifier "black" wherever you go from day to day. I know it probably doesn't get old to you because that's what you identify with, but it sorta gets old to everyone else who has to hear it over and over again.

You might have missed it, but there was once this guy named "Martin Luther King." He once visualized a country where a person would just be a "person.", regardless of their color. You might take some time out and go to your local library and read up on him. He had some interesting ideas.

#WalkAway

Many black patriots fought and died in the Revolutionary war for American independence.

But I guess it's still your freedom of choice to spit on your ancestors heroics that we celebrate on the 4th of July. ... :cool:
How is saying Blacks were still enslaved spitting on other Black peoples heroics?

No one cares.
Nobody did, you just put it out there. so take your racist garbage and fuck off
My neighbor did and several whites have asked me the same thing. No I wont fuck you. I just want you to provide an answer to my question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back