As A Black Person Why Should I Celebrate the 4th of July?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My neighbor came over and asked if I was going to do fireworks today. I told her no and that I do not celebrate the 4th. She asked me why and I told her I didnt want to spoil her fun. She insisted I tell her and I eventually relented. I told her that my ancestors were still enslaved on this day even though a man that looked like me was the first to die in defense of this country.

It must really suck to have to drag around that burdensome modifier "black" wherever you go from day to day. I know it probably doesn't get old to you because that's what you identify with, but it sorta gets old to everyone else who has to hear it over and over again.

You might have missed it, but there was once this guy named "Martin Luther King." He once visualized a country where a person would just be a "person.", regardless of their color. You might take some time out and go to your local library and read up on him. He had some interesting ideas.

#WalkAway
Actually its pretty empowering being Black.

MLK also said he thought he made a mistake trying to integrate with whites. I'm guessing that was kept from you.

My neighbor came over and asked if I was going to do fireworks today. I told her no and that I do not celebrate the 4th. She asked me why and I told her I didnt want to spoil her fun. She insisted I tell her and I eventually relented. I told her that my ancestors were still enslaved on this day even though a man that looked like me was the first to die in defense of this country.
No one cares.
If thats true why do people ask me why I dont celebrate the 4th?
They shoot fireworks in the ghetto?

They shoot rounds in the ghetto, no?

No one cares.
Sure do. At least they did when I was growing up there.

No one cares.
------------------------------------------------- i wouldn't ask you because i don't care plus i really wouldn't want to give you a chance or soapbox to WHINE from .
You care. Thats why you commented even though you had no useful answer to my question.

No one cares.
She meant shoot up the hood where the low life lives.

It must really suck to have to drag around that burdensome modifier "black" wherever you go from day to day. I know it probably doesn't get old to you because that's what you identify with, but it sorta gets old to everyone else who has to hear it over and over again.

You might have missed it, but there was once this guy named "Martin Luther King." He once visualized a country where a person would just be a "person.", regardless of their color. You might take some time out and go to your local library and read up on him. He had some interesting ideas.

#WalkAway
Actually its pretty empowering being Black.

MLK also said he thought he made a mistake trying to integrate with whites. I'm guessing that was kept from you.

Blacks aren't physically more powerful, in fact quite the opposite, especially on a size per size basis Whites, Asians, and Hispanics of the same size tend to be much more powerful.

No one cares.
Just to cover the gunfire.

No one cares.
Nobody did, you just put it out there. so take your racist garbage and fuck off
My neighbor did and several whites have asked me the same thing. No I wont fuck you. I just want you to provide an answer to my question.
Your neighbor didn't ask you anything. I believe that story even less than your jungle-bunny civilization fairy tales.
I didnt ask you for your belief. I was informing you that was the case. If you choose not to believe it then you are off topic.

Many black patriots fought and died in the Revolutionary war for American independence.

But I guess it's still your freedom of choice to spit on your ancestors heroics that we celebrate on the 4th of July. ... :cool:
How is saying Blacks were still enslaved spitting on other Black peoples heroics?

Any person of African-American persuasion who supports the Democrat Party is by proxy spitting on those who have seen through the Democrat Party's charade of lies. That's the same party of Jim Crow, poll taxes, the Klan, lynchings "ghettoizing" African-Americans, and the mind-numbing and soul-killing institution of entitlements from cradle to grave.

Just #WalkAway.

No one cares.

Pretty sure he meant no one here cares...

Your neighbor probably doesn't care either, she was just being nosy...

No one cares.
How do you hear it over the gun fire?

No one cares.

Pretty sure he meant no one here cares...

Your neighbor probably doesn't care either, she was just being nosy...
Too bad that the amount of responses dictate otherwise. Of course they care. They just dont have an answer.

No one cares.
How do you hear it over the gun fire?
I didnt You dont see with your ears you see with your eyes.

OP thinks the flag should be red, black, and blue.

With all due respect, I kinda gather that the OP feels that our flag should be only red, with a yellow hammer & sickle...

iq%7Dicp1.gif

Many black patriots fought and died in the Revolutionary war for American independence.

But I guess it's still your freedom of choice to spit on your ancestors heroics that we celebrate on the 4th of July. ... :cool:
How is saying Blacks were still enslaved spitting on other Black peoples heroics?

Any person of African-American persuasion who supports the Democrat Party is by proxy spitting on those who have seen through the Democrat Party's charade of lies. That's the same party of Jim Crow, poll taxes, the Klan, lynchings "ghettoizing" African-Americans, and the mind-numbing and soul-killing institution of entitlements from cradle to grave.

Just #WalkAway.
That has nothing to do with the question I asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back