Arrggg!!!!

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
That Hamilton Ad is hiding the drop down menus behind it! Can't get to quick links, search, etc.

Ads NEVER annoy me here. they appear in a small box above the list of threads and no where else. Now some of the new ads on other sites are a pain, you know the ones you mouse over and they balloon to the whole page and have no obvious method to close them or shrink them.

Ads NEVER annoy me here. they appear in a small box above the list of threads and no where else. Now some of the new ads on other sites are a pain, you know the ones you mouse over and they balloon to the whole page and have no obvious method to close them or shrink them.

THE 'ROLL OVER' ad is what I'm referring to. Hamilton Beach Quick Dry. It causes the drop down menus to fall behind it. Even after clicking on it, getting a video and sound on it, it refuses to 'minimize' to allow access to the board features.

THE 'ROLL OVER' ad is what I'm referring to. Hamilton Beach Quick Dry. It causes the drop down menus to fall behind it. Even after clicking on it, getting a video and sound on it, it refuses to 'minimize' to allow access to the board features.

Never had that problem here. I have yet to see that type on this site.

Kathianne, if you get the monkey/banana/ringtone one don't throw a heavy object at your monitor to hit the monkey, it plays merry hell with the monitor :lol:

(got the little bugger though :badgrin: )

Kathianne, if you get the monkey/banana/ringtone one don't throw a heavy object at your monitor to hit the monkey, it plays merry hell with the monitor :lol:

(got the little bugger though :badgrin: )

I had the ringtone ones last week, other than the screaming one making me 'jump', they were pretty easy to ignore. Not so this one. As I said, it hides the drop downs, makes them impossible to use. It also 'expands' if 'rolled over', there is this very tempting 'close' button, which fades if you come close to it! :eusa_wall: :eusa_boohoo:

Don't know about any of "that", but this has become the hardest board to get around on, takes the longest to load, and once "on", takes the longest between "clicks".

WTF is going on?

I haven't a clue, I've noticed it too, after saying 'no' last week to someone else's complaint.

Gee honoring us with your presence, must be banned at Jimmy's? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah well lately they're doing that HERE. And they balloon on their own, whether your mouse moves over them or not.

It's definitely aggravating, especially since it only just started doing it.

Not trying to sound like the company man here or anything BUT ...:badgrin:

This board's coming out of the owner's pocket as it is. Yet I see no suggestions concerning supporting our own board. I can most certainly understand his desire for the board to at least support its own hosting fees.

Nobody's demanded anything, but when you play for free, you sometimes get what comes with "free."

Not trying to sound like the company man here or anything BUT ...:badgrin:

This board's coming out of the owner's pocket as it is. Yet I see no suggestions concerning supporting our own board. I can most certainly understand his desire for the board to at least support its own hosting fees.

Nobody's demanded anything, but when you play for free, you sometimes get what comes with "free."

Understood.

Understood.

I wasn't getting on you, nor anyone else in particular. I find the balloons annoying as Hell.

My point really is the owner has given us a place to play, and has even asked for member suggestions why some may feel would improve the board.

But the bottom line is, it is up to US to make it work. The more contributing members we have, the more successful the board is. The mroe successful the board is, it turns a profit. If it turns a profit, maybe some of the more annoying ads go away.

Actually, the more profitable, generally the more annoying the ads, because they're competing more fiercely. Instead of just trying to hook a few.

This site causes me some problems. If I don't hang out on it all day, they're reduced to a tolerable level.

Forum List

Back