Army to Water Down Training to Accommodate Women in Green Berets

Not with the politicians pulling the strings.
The armed forces are capable, they just need the nerds on the Hill to get out of the way.

Not really. We went to war with too few troops. The Army told Bush he needed 500,000 men to secure Iraq, he went in with 135K, and the country quickly fell into chaos.
Well, Joe, rarely do you agree with me. Just shows a broken clock is right twice a day.

Look at what I said...."The armed forces are capable........they just need the nerds on the hill (politicians) to get out of the way.
Yet, there you are countering me with....

Well, Joe, rarely do you agree with me. Just shows a broken clock is right twice a day.

Look at what I said...."The armed forces are capable........they just need the nerds on the hill (politicians) to get out of the way.

The problem was they weren't "Capable". The Generals right out told Bush, "We ain't got enough guys." Of course, we weren't going to get enough guys without starting a draft or something.

Had nothing to do with the "nerds", it has to do with how our armed forces are organized. We spend just as much money on the Air Force and Navy as we do the Army, because of some bureaucratic rule that they are "co-equal" branches... even though no one can really challenge us on Sea or Air at this point.

The problem was they weren't "Capable". The Generals right out told Bush, "We ain't got enough guys." Of course, we weren't going to get enough guys without starting a draft or something.

If you will remember back, even during the initial phases of the War on Evil, there really wasn't a lot of public clamor for a draft, just not the kind of consensus for such a policy to be successful. Rep. Charles Rangel, the New York ultraliberal, put forth a bill to start a draft- complete failure. Voted down 402-2.

Mass conscription of American youths just wasn't going anywhere. B. Hussein O also put up a proposition as well for a national draft in peacetime. Again, it went nowhere.

The military has to do what it can with the resources it has available.

Had nothing to do with the "nerds", it has to do with how our armed forces are organized. We spend just as much money on the Air Force and Navy as we do the Army, because of some bureaucratic rule that they are "co-equal" branches... even though no one can really challenge us on Sea or Air at this point.
I don't care if you agree or not, the nerds are the ones that were pulling the strings.

Politicians need to learn to just vote on war or not. Once they vote for it, then they need to get out of the way and let
the military take over. We lost the Korean War, we lost Vietnam and we lost the ME due to nerds running the Wars.

I don't care if you agree or not, the nerds are the ones that were pulling the strings.

Politicians need to learn to just vote on war or not. Once they vote for it, then they need to get out of the way and let
the military take over. We lost the Korean War, we lost Vietnam and we lost the ME due to nerds running the Wars.

Um... Okay.

Frankly, I kind of like the fact the military answers to an elected government...

We didn't lose in Korea. That was at best a draw.

Vietnam, there was no way to win because there was no way that the Vietnamese were going to accept the French Quislings we were propping up over Nationalist Heroes who fought for their independence. Everyone knew that going in, but did it anyway.

f you will remember back, even during the initial phases of the War on Evil, there really wasn't a lot of public clamor for a draft, just not the kind of consensus for such a policy to be successful. Rep. Charles Rangel, the New York ultraliberal, put forth a bill to start a draft- complete failure. Voted down 402-2.

Mass conscription of American youths just wasn't going anywhere. B. Hussein O also put up a proposition as well for a national draft in peacetime. Again, it went nowhere.

Then they shouldn't do it.. BUt if they are.. then we should spend our money smart. Don't spend 20 Billion on an aircraft carrier and let the grunts walk around a war zone with inadequate body and vehicle armor.

Vietnam, there was no way to win because there was no way that the Vietnamese were going to accept the French Quislings we were propping up over Nationalist Heroes who fought for their independence. Everyone knew that going in, but did it anyway.

I don't think that's true at all.

The Vietnamese people don't enjoy Tyranny any more than any other race or ethnic group.

The reason why the warlike North Vietnamese people were able to conquer the peaceful South Vietnamese was because of their backing by international leftists including the USSR.

f you will remember back, even during the initial phases of the War on Evil, there really wasn't a lot of public clamor for a draft, just not the kind of consensus for such a policy to be successful. Rep. Charles Rangel, the New York ultraliberal, put forth a bill to start a draft- complete failure. Voted down 402-2.

Then they shouldn't do it.. BUt if they are.. then we should spend our money smart. Don't spend 20 Billion on an aircraft carrier and let the grunts walk around a war zone with inadequate body and vehicle armor.

We need to provide out nation's police officers with adequate body and vehicle armor. Particularly those cops who work in the Ghetto among BLM and occupy types. That's what would solve the problem of cops with itchy trigger fingers unjustly shooting people.

The Vietnamese people don't enjoy Tyranny any more than any other race or ethnic group.

The reason why the warlike North Vietnamese people were able to conquer the peaceful South Vietnamese was because of their backing by international leftists including the USSR.

You can think that all you want. The truth has been cleverly hidden from you in things called "Books".

Until 1954 there was only one Vietnam and elections to reunite the country were scheduled for 1956. Knowing that the South was going to lose by a landslide we had those elections cancelled. There were no good guys in that country that were worthy of our support.

The Army is disciplining soldiers who tell the truth about the damage being done to the military by the lefts feminist agenda.

Uh, yeah, it's against regulations to give unauthorized statements to the press. HELLO.

you see what I mean about your immorality, serf? You couldn’t be bothered to read the article. You were a communist mole in the Army for a few years. Isn’t that enough damage to the country?

Until 1954 there was only one Vietnam and elections to reunite the country were scheduled for 1956. Knowing that the South was going to lose by a landslide we had those elections cancelled. There were no good guys in that country that were worthy of our support.
Lol, horse poopoo.

Democracy evolves and Westerners like you do not have the right to pass judgement on the culture of another nation..

Diem did not sign the Geneva Accord, so he was not obligated to participate in the 56 election and so he wasnt going to. There was no voter validation in the North at all and he knew the communists would stuff the ballot boxes till they won. Diem was going to stuff ballot boxes in the South as well, but he couldnt do it openly like the communists so he had a international observers limiting his activity thus the communists would win, which I know would have pleased you.

Diem did the best he could with what he had. Was he an ego driven narsicist? Yeah, I think so, but that does not mean the people of South Vietnam deserve to be ruled by violent inhumane ass holes like the North Vietnamese.

you see what I mean about your immorality, serf? You couldn’t be bothered to read the article. You were a communist mole in the Army for a few years. Isn’t that enough damage to the country?

I did read the article.. It says some officer talked to someone who talked to someone who said they changed the standards to pass women...

um. Big deal.

Here's what really damages the Army... the fact that it's seen as a jobs program rather than a defense one.

If you want to read an interesting book, read The Pentagon Wars: Reformers Challenge the Old Guard by Lt. Col James Burton.

Diem did the best he could with what he had. Was he an ego driven narsicist? Yeah, I think so, but that does not mean the people of South Vietnam deserve to be ruled by violent inhumane ass holes like the North Vietnamese.

Ho Chi Mihn was a national hero who fought the French and the Japanese.

Diem, Theiu and Ky were all a bunch of French Quislings that the people had no use for.

Diem, Theiu and Ky were all a bunch of French Quislings that the people had no use for.

Mihn was a vicious tyrant who subjugated the Vietnamese people.

Its racist and stupid to think that the Orientals like to live in squalor, eating garbage, people telling them what to do.

Americans wouldn't like that.

We used to hear the same crapola about the people of central and eastern Europe. The East Germans and Poles supposedly hated freedom and loved Communist totalitarianism., at least according to leftards.

Um... Okay.

Frankly, I kind of like the fact the military answers to an elected government...

We didn't lose in Korea. That was at best a draw.

I have no idea why you would want a bunch of nerds who know nothing about military strategy
running the military at a time where there is conflict......it's why we don't win wars anymore.
With nerds, it comes down to public opinion and elections.

Yeah.....we didn't win Korea, how many deaths for a draw????

We were so close to winning Vietnam, until a news broadcast and public opinion swayed the outcome.

With the politicians we have and had since WWII, we could never have won WWII.

Its racist and stupid to think that the Orientals like to live in squalor, eating garbage, people telling them what to do.

We used to hear the same crapola about the people of central and eastern Europe. The East Germans and Poles supposedly hated freedom and loved Communist totalitarianism., at least according to leftards.
French Capitalism had them living in squalor, eating garbage, etc. Can you blame them for wanting to try something else?

French Capitalism had them living in squalor, eating garbage, etc. Can you blame them for wanting to try something else?

"French Capitalism" wasn't a choice they were being offered.

Their choice were Communist Tyranny or Freedom.

Most of the Vietnamese people want freedom like all people do.

But the Communist block sent a lot of munitions another help to Minh and the other Communist terrorists and America backed down.

Forum List

Back