Army dad not allowed to visit daughter's school in uniform

as i said originally, was he on his way to work, on lunch, or was he done for the day?
not that it really matters, he shouldn't have been stopped, but it does make me wonder about the guy, especially when you couple it with the family alerting the news about an already resolved situation.

It doesn't matter why he was wearing his uniform. What happened is what matters.

I haven't seen it said anywhere that the family notified the media.. Perhaps you could share where you got that bit of information?

as i said originally, was he on his way to work, on lunch, or was he done for the day?
not that it really matters, he shouldn't have been stopped, but it does make me wonder about the guy, especially when you couple it with the family alerting the news about an already resolved situation.

It doesn't matter why he was wearing his uniform. What happened is what matters.

I haven't seen it said anywhere that the family notified the media.. Perhaps you could share where you got that bit of information?
two parties involved. the family and the school.

do you think the school notified the media?

Rochester Schools superintendent Robert Shaner who is a veteran himself quickly took care of the situation apologizing to the family for their troubles.

Shaner sent a letter to Fox 2 which says, "the district has apologized for any perception that individuals in uniform are not welcome in the school. The district does not have a policy excluding individuals in uniform and will be working with administration and the firm that handles our security to make sure district policies are understood and communicated accurately."
\

So why are Liberals denying it happened?

It did.

Yes, the Superintendent apologized, after the father was initially denied entry because he was in uniform.

List anyone who had denied it happened. It is the conclusion by the OP "Yeah, pathetic fucking liberals. Just pathetic fucking liberals. Liberals are just fucking pathetic." that I disagree with and find somewhat offensive.

Army officer is told not to enter his daughters high school beca - Fox 2 News Headlines

rochester.jpg

Rochester Michigan – I have to wonder what people are thinking when someone in the Military is turned away from their own daughter’s school because they are in uniform! This is the United States of America, our Military personnel put their lives on the line to provide the freedoms we so enjoy, which includes the freedom to purse an education!

Well a security guard at one school in Rochester Michigan(Rochester Adams High School), turned away a father of a high school student, telling him he couldn’t enter the school because his uniform might offend some of the students! I am in shock that someone has actually said this to one of our service members, at a school in America!

He was told he could not wear a uniform cause "some students may be offended" by the uniform.
Yeah, pathetic fucking liberals. Just pathetic fucking liberals. Liberals are just fucking pathetic.

So somehow this applies to liberals as a whole. How do we know the guard was a liberal exactly? Was he wearing a sign?

No you're just an idiot.

He was told he could not wear a uniform cause "some students may be offended" by the uniform.
Yeah, pathetic fucking liberals. Just pathetic fucking liberals. Liberals are just fucking pathetic.

one security guard does not equal all liberals you worthless pile of shit.

I bet the Dad really felt .... victimized, and the apology of the school did nothing to make it better. Seriously, it sucked for the guy, but damn they apologized for what a rentacop did.... fox news dramaqueen. I mean had he been shipping out for Afghan and lost his only chance to say "bye" or something, I'd shed a tear.

Army officer is told not to enter his daughters high school beca - Fox 2 News Headlines

rochester.jpg

Rochester Michigan – I have to wonder what people are thinking when someone in the Military is turned away from their own daughter’s school because they are in uniform! This is the United States of America, our Military personnel put their lives on the line to provide the freedoms we so enjoy, which includes the freedom to purse an education!

Well a security guard at one school in Rochester Michigan(Rochester Adams High School), turned away a father of a high school student, telling him he couldn’t enter the school because his uniform might offend some of the students! I am in shock that someone has actually said this to one of our service members, at a school in America!

I smell BS.

Well, your mouth is right underneath your nose, and with the amount of shit that comes out of the mouth of all politically correct liberals, it does not surprise me at all that you finally smell it.

You sound upset. Are you more upset that I disagree with you? Or over the FACT that this was one guy who was quickly overruled and the matter made right? Hard for you to work up a hard-on of outrage over this when the problem is solved quickly, isn't it?

What's the rest of the story?
The rest of the story is the school superintendent immediately apologized when it was brought to his/her attention. It was a misunderstanding of school policy. They have offered a meeting with the family to allow for closure and all are moving forward.
Shit happens. Not every mistake is a political position.

If I had to guess, army fatigues are not allowed to be worn by the student body...and the security guard was not informed that such did not apply to those that are active military.

No story here. Simple misunderstanding.

i guess my question would be 'why?'
why is he going to the school in uniform to begin with?
perhaps on his way to his base? Proud of his uniform? Are you really trying to make this something about the parent?
It was a freaking misunderstanding. No one at fault.

Although, I guess someone like you will dig into his background and find that he (the parent) has a history of "playing army man."

If I had to guess, army fatigues are not allowed to be worn by the student body...and the security guard was not informed that such did not apply to those that are active military.

in the story the soldier says he wasn't allowed in due to not having on a tie.
that may be a rule, too. ties are to be worn by visiting parents during school hours.

I bet the Dad really felt .... victimized, and the apology of the school did nothing to make it better. Seriously, it sucked for the guy, but damn they apologized for what a rentacop did.... fox news dramaqueen. I mean had he been shipping out for Afghan and lost his only chance to say "bye" or something, I'd shed a tear.
You bring up an excellent point.

If I showed up to my daughter's HS in uniform and was turned away and before I left, the Admin came up and apologized and let me in......it would NEVER cross my mind to go running to the media to whine about something that was fixed and apologized for right away.

What kind of mentality does that?

in the story the soldier says he wasn't allowed in due to not having on a tie.
that may be a rule, too. ties are to be worn by visiting parents during school hours.
Could be as well.
Whatever...the security guard is not anti American and the father is not a warmonger. Jeez....nowadays, no one can make a mistake without it being perceived as a political statement.

Its getting old.

You bring up an excellent point.

If I showed up to my daughter's HS in uniform and was turned away and before I left, the Admin came up and apologized and let me in......it would NEVER cross my mind to go running to the media to whine about something that was fixed and apologized for right away.

What kind of mentality does that?
I believe ths tory is not as you just stated.
He was turned away, asked to speak to someone else who also turned him away and then asked a third person who ALSO turned him away.
He was later contacted by the superintendent who apologized.

Why are you attacking the man?

perhaps on his way to his base? Proud of his uniform? Are you really trying to make this something about the parent?

Although, I guess someone like you will dig into his background and find that he (the parent) has a history of "playing army man."
all i'm saying is i found it odd that he would choose to wear his uniform. i know many soldiers and none of them choose to wear their uniforms when they don't have to.
on it's own that doesn't bother me though, but then turning the events into the local news station bothers me.

i could assume the worst about the man. i could assume that he was there to see his daughter's counselor, and that he consciously chose to wear his uniform as a way to help him lobby for her, and that after whatever he was after didn't happen he reported the events to the media to further pressure the school.

i could assume that. i don't. i still find it curious though, and out of line with the behavior of most of the soldiers i know.

all i'm saying is i found it odd that he would choose to wear his uniform. i know many soldiers and none of them choose to wear their uniforms when they don't have to.
on it's own that doesn't bother me though, but then turning the events into the local news station bothers me.

i could assume the worst about the man. i could assume that he was there to see his daughter's counselor, and that he consciously chose to wear his uniform as a way to help him lobby for her, and that after whatever he was after didn't happen he reported the events to the media to further pressure the school.

i could assume that. i don't. i still find it curious though, and out of line with the behavior of most of the soldiers i know.

I believe you do assume that or you wouldn't have even thought it up.

I simply assumed he was on his way to his base where uniform is mandatory. I mean, he was taking his daughter to school which implies early morning...and he is active military which implies he has a military day job...it was a work day seeing as it was a school day...

But go ahead....assume he had ulterior motives.

Whatever....no interest in such childish thinking.

Rochester Schools superintendent Robert Shaner who is a veteran himself quickly took care of the situation apologizing to the family for their troubles.

Shaner sent a letter to Fox 2 which says, "the district has apologized for any perception that individuals in uniform are not welcome in the school. The district does not have a policy excluding individuals in uniform and will be working with administration and the firm that handles our security to make sure district policies are understood and communicated accurately."
\

So why are Liberals denying it happened?

It did.

Yes, the Superintendent apologized, after the father was initially denied entry because he was in uniform.
Yes it did happen, and was apologized for and fixed right away. Makes one wonder what kind of person goes running to the media to cry about it when it was fixed right away.

Someone did.....any suggestions who might have?

Forum List

Back