Army dad not allowed to visit daughter's school in uniform

Odd situation. I find it hard to believe that the Army officer ran to the media

Seems like the problem was corrected in a timely fashion , I suppose this is just one of the problems of everyone having a video camera in their pocket.
Yeah....well everyone except those guys that saw Michael Brown with his hands in the air as he was shot to death by a police officer. Seems they forgot to bring their phones with them.
Oh yeah...and all of those thousands of people that heard tea party people use the "N" word while at that rally outside of the capitol building...they also forgot to use their phone video capability.

But I digress.

I bet the Dad really felt .... victimized, and the apology of the school did nothing to make it better. Seriously, it sucked for the guy, but damn they apologized for what a rentacop did.... fox news dramaqueen. I mean had he been shipping out for Afghan and lost his only chance to say "bye" or something, I'd shed a tear.
You bring up an excellent point.

If I showed up to my daughter's HS in uniform and was turned away and before I left, the Admin came up and apologized and let me in......it would NEVER cross my mind to go running to the media to whine about something that was fixed and apologized for right away.

What kind of mentality does that?

Moreso...

Why did Fox run a lead story on a non-issue?

This just in......Security Guard makes a mistake

I believe ths tory is not as you just stated.
He was turned away, asked to speak to someone else who also turned him away and then asked a third person who ALSO turned him away.
He was later contacted by the superintendent who apologized.

Why are you attacking the man?

I have not yet seen an article where that is stated.. That he was turned away by multiple people.. Perhaps you could supply a link?

Yes it did happen, and was apologized for and fixed right away. Makes one wonder what kind of person goes running to the media to cry about it when it was fixed right away.

Do you have a source as to who alerted the media?? I haven't seen that anywhere.

I bet the Dad really felt .... victimized, and the apology of the school did nothing to make it better. Seriously, it sucked for the guy, but damn they apologized for what a rentacop did.... fox news dramaqueen. I mean had he been shipping out for Afghan and lost his only chance to say "bye" or something, I'd shed a tear.
You bring up an excellent point.

If I showed up to my daughter's HS in uniform and was turned away and before I left, the Admin came up and apologized and let me in......it would NEVER cross my mind to go running to the media to whine about something that was fixed and apologized for right away.

What kind of mentality does that?

Moreso...

Why did Fox run a lead story on a non-issue?

This just in......Security Guard makes a mistake

To get the response the OP gave. Remember Glenn Beck said they were "fragile" and I've seen a number of my conservative friends go off about this story too. Now I know why.

I saw it on FB first then thought it was curious suddenly to see it here, same day...same outrage

This sounds more suspicious by the minute:

Instead, Baker and his wife called the office of the school superintendent – who himself had served as a combat Marine.

Baker’s wife said the school has “taken steps to correct what happened,” but added that she “doesn’t know what they would have done” if her husband had not been allowed into the school.

OMG, what would they have done if poor hubby had never been allowed in to the school.

I read a story about this in the Canadian press (yes, this story will be world-wide by nightfall), that said this man served for 24 years. Served. Is he still active duty and if not why is he prancing around in his uniform?

I believe ths tory is not as you just stated.
He was turned away, asked to speak to someone else who also turned him away and then asked a third person who ALSO turned him away.
He was later contacted by the superintendent who apologized.

Why are you attacking the man?

I have not yet seen an article where that is stated.. That he was turned away by multiple people.. Perhaps you could supply a link?
the original report stated he was turned away by 4 different people. Perhaps it will help confirm this for you if you were to listen to the report that is found on the first post of this thread?

Once again this was a false alarm by the far right reactionary nut cases.

Yes, it would appear that the District Superintendent immediately apologized to the family, denied that the School District had such a policy, and promised to work with their outsourcing providers (including, presumably, the rent-a-pig security firm who supplies the warm bodies as security guards) to ensure that they understood not to do such a thing again in future.

Instead, Baker and his wife called the office of the school superintendent – who himself had served as a combat Marine.

Baker’s wife said the school has “taken steps to correct what happened,” but added that she “doesn’t know what they would have done” if her husband had not been allowed into the school.

OMG, what would they have done if poor hubby had never been allowed in to the school.

I read a story about this in the Canadian press (yes, this story will be world-wide by nightfall), that said this man served for 24 years. Served. Is he still active duty and if not why is he prancing around in his uniform?
I guess you do not know anyone who is active military.

Saying one served for 24 years does not necessarily mean he or she is done serving.

A Lt. Col. would not be wearing an active duty uniform if he/she were retired.

Army officer is told not to enter his daughters high school beca - Fox 2 News Headlines

rochester.jpg

Rochester Michigan – I have to wonder what people are thinking when someone in the Military is turned away from their own daughter’s school because they are in uniform! This is the United States of America, our Military personnel put their lives on the line to provide the freedoms we so enjoy, which includes the freedom to purse an education!

Well a security guard at one school in Rochester Michigan(Rochester Adams High School), turned away a father of a high school student, telling him he couldn’t enter the school because his uniform might offend some of the students! I am in shock that someone has actually said this to one of our service members, at a school in America!

He was told he could not wear a uniform cause "some students may be offended" by the uniform.
Yeah, pathetic fucking liberals. Just pathetic fucking liberals. Liberals are just fucking pathetic.

Fox News, the least trusted source for news.

Fox News, they lie to and your are absolutely, completely and totally...beyond a shadow of a doubt dumb enough to believe them.

Saying one served for 24 years does not necessarily mean he or she is done serving.

A Lt. Col. would not run whining to the media about such ridiculous idiocy. And yet one did.

Army officer is told not to enter his daughters high school beca - Fox 2 News Headlines

rochester.jpg

Rochester Michigan – I have to wonder what people are thinking when someone in the Military is turned away from their own daughter’s school because they are in uniform! This is the United States of America, our Military personnel put their lives on the line to provide the freedoms we so enjoy, which includes the freedom to purse an education!

Well a security guard at one school in Rochester Michigan(Rochester Adams High School), turned away a father of a high school student, telling him he couldn’t enter the school because his uniform might offend some of the students! I am in shock that someone has actually said this to one of our service members, at a school in America!

He was told he could not wear a uniform cause "some students may be offended" by the uniform.
Yeah, pathetic fucking liberals. Just pathetic fucking liberals. Liberals are just fucking pathetic.

Fox News, the least trusted source for news.

Fox News, they lie to and your are absolutely, completely and totally...beyond a shadow of a doubt dumb enough to believe them.

So this story is a lie?

How do you know?

A Lt. Col. would not run whining to the media about such ridiculous idiocy. And yet one did.
I am sure you can back that claim up?

Didn't think so.

Didn't think so.

C u n t.
^coward.

Didn't think so.

C u n t.
^coward.
Nope. Not a coward. Just calling a **** a ****.

the original report stated he was turned away by 4 different people. Perhaps it will help confirm this for you if you were to listen to the report that is found on the first post of this thread?

I don't usually play video reports.. They are normally lacking in details that are included in the written reports.

I don't usually play video reports.. They are normally lacking in details that are included in the written reports.
This was a TV news report. Whatever. Fine. He was stopped once.
What difference does it make. It was an error, corrected and all are moving on.

Except for those like Ravi who want to somehow find fault in the man so they can do whatever they can to defame the guy.

Seems all you wanted to do was rant and swear.
Childish manner from a child like yourself.
It also seems you didn't know the entire story.
You only got what you wanted to get out of the story so you could impress everyone that is impressed
by your childish manner.
Loser!!

It was not JUST the security guard. According to the news report, there are 4 people that turned him away.

I am wondering who they thought he would offend with the school uniform.

Either way, we know what types turned him away right?

Finally played the video in the OP.
The wife said, "he served in the army for 24 years," NOT he's been serving in the army for 24 years.

Is he active duty and if not, why is he prancing around in his uniform?

Forum List

Back