Arkansas GOP State Rep Thinks Slavery Was Blessing in Disguise for Blacks

The slaves in North America were slaves for a maximum of 300 years. They were liberated by a Civil War that cost the nation 600,000 lives.

The feudal serfs of Europe were serfs for some thousand or more years. They were liberated long after the America Civil War.

They were far worse off than black African American slaves for far longer.

None of their descendents are crying about the past and none of them are demanding reparation.

I cannot help but wonder what Europe would look like today if millions upon millions of its people had been kidnapped for centuries and hauled away to another continent for menial work...with their culture, their religion, their languages, their names ripped away.

Europeans feudal serfs did not get hauled away, they were serfs, generation after generation, virtual slaves in the lands of their birth. They were far worse off for far longer than black American slaves.

BTW, look at Europe now.

I cannot help but wonder what Europe would look like today if millions upon millions of its people had been kidnapped for centuries and hauled away to another continent for menial work...with their culture, their religion, their languages, their names ripped away.

That's exactly what happened to millions of Europeans, nitwit. North African slave traders captured white Europeans and sold them off into slavery. The men were worked to death and the women were used as sex slaves.

It's a marvel to see just how truly ignorant liberals are.

I see...you are presenting us with an example of what all Europe would look and behave like with their Best and Brightest taken away for centuries. I'm so sorry for you. Being the descendent of the bottom of the barrel as you are.

The best and the brightest Africans were not kidnapped and hauled away. They were smart enough to evade and escape from slave traders.

The dumbest were brought to America. Their living descendents prove that.

You fucking have no idea of what you are talking about. End that story.

The slaves in North America were slaves for a maximum of 300 years. They were liberated by a Civil War that cost the nation 600,000 lives.

The feudal serfs of Europe were serfs for some thousand or more years. They were liberated long after the America Civil War.

They were far worse off than black African American slaves for far longer.

None of their descendents are crying about the past and none of them are demanding reparation.

Why would anyone give them that option? Furthermore, even if they had that option, no black could have emigrated in the 17th or 18th Centuries. How would they pay for their passage?

I'm comparing two things that actually happened. Some blacks were enslaved and brought to America. Some stayed in Africa. The descendents of the former are far better off than the descendents of the later.

End of story.

Comparing the situation of blacks with some mythical history is a fools errand. Why not imagine that some fairy waved her magic wand and turned Africa into a paradise? That would make as much sense as your imbecile scenario.

Since we are playing a what if scenario

Yes blacks could have immigrated in the 17th and 18th century. Same as poor whites. The Americas needed cheap labor. They could have gone to Africa and offered passage in return for some form of indenture. The key being choice instead of being captured and forced into servitude.

If blacks had been offered the same opportunities as similar whites, their economic position would be much better today. Same goes for post civil war Jim Crow

proof?

Let's see...

If blacks had been paid for their labor, allowed to own land, allowed to be educated........you see no way they would have accumulated wealth over 350 years?

squeeze can't think beyond the tinfoil hat on his head, rw.

Yes blacks could have immigrated in the 17th and 18th century. Same as poor whites. The Americas needed cheap labor. They could have gone to Africa and offered passage in return for some form of indenture. The key being choice instead of being captured and forced into servitude.

If blacks had been offered the same opportunities as similar whites, their economic position would be much better today. Same goes for post civil war Jim Crow

proof?

Let's see...

If blacks had been paid for their labor, allowed to own land, allowed to be educated........you see no way they would have accumulated wealth over 350 years?

That's exactly what happened to millions of Europeans, nitwit. North African slave traders captured white Europeans and sold them off into slavery. The men were worked to death and the women were used as sex slaves.

It's a marvel to see just how truly ignorant liberals are.

I see...you are presenting us with an example of what all Europe would look and behave like with their Best and Brightest taken away for centuries. I'm so sorry for you. Being the descendent of the bottom of the barrel as you are.

The best and the brightest Africans were not kidnapped and hauled away. They were smart enough to evade and escape from slave traders.

God I love you guys.....

And people say we no longer have an issue with racism in this country

proof?

Let's see...

so then all white people have accumulated wealth for over 350 years because they all had great jobs, owned land and were never wiped out by depressions or wars?

all white people were born with trust funds apparently

PS someone forgot to tell my mortgage company that since I'm white I get free land

Last edited:
FJO was hiding behind the door when the angel Gabriel handed out brains. If FJO had been in West Africa in those days, by FJO's standards, FJO would have been on the boat landing at Jamestown in 1619 ready to be sold into a bright, bold new North American adventure.

God I love you guys.....

And people say we no longer have an issue with racism in this country

Last edited:

let's see...

so then all white people have accumulated wealth for over 350 years because they all had great jobs, owned land and were never wiped out by depressions or wars?

All white people were born with trust funds apparently

all?

You have no concept of generational wealth?

Last edited:
let's see...

All white people were born with trust funds apparently

all?

when do I get my trust fund and free land?

all?

Your parents accumulated nothing in their lifetime?

my parents have not been alive for 350 years.

My mother is still living and she owns what little there is. It will take every cent she has accumulated to keep her in the assisted living facility.

in the end there may be a negative balance.

Last edited:
Yea, and the Spanish did so much for the Indians living in South America. And the whites did so much for the Indians in North America and the British were so good to India and China.

Whether the Indians benefited from Spanish colonialism is a separate issue. For one thing, their descendents didn't end up in the United States of America. The descendents of slavery in America benefited because they ended up being born in America.

Historically, everywhere conquerors go they leave behind a civilization in ruins. Remember why we wanted independence from Great Britain. Because they were treating us badly.

Actually, that's not true. For example, many peoples who the Romans conquered benefited greatly. The Romans brought roads, running water, sanitation, law and countless other benefits. Almost every corner of the Roman Empire prospered as a result of Roman control. The same goes for the British Empire. Virtually the entire railroad network of India was built by the British.

That's pretty much the case.

Besides, if people from Europe hadn't conquered Africans, who knows, it might have been Africans that conquered Europe. Then you would have a black guy writing saying these white southerners are so fucking lazy. We "saved" them.

Yeah, right. And if history had been different, then it would have been different. Europeans conquered Africa because they were more socially, economically and technically more advanced. It's inconceivable that the opposite could have occurred.

And take a look at them. Seriously. Do these guys look "civilized"? They are so dumb, they hate people on food stamps. Then one of them says, "I need food stamps. I don't have a job". Because you are stupid. You are the kind of person Rick Santorum was talking to. Just before you "cheered".

Mississippi Rednecks that vote republican - YouTube

That's the kind of brilliant logic we've come to expect from you, Deany

It's impossible to argue with you because you simply don't know enough. The 200 years of British rule over India is considered by that country as one of the darkest chapters in their history. The wealth looted from India financed the British Industrial Revolution. Indian society was torn apart. When talking about British Rule in India, nearly every Indian textbooks starts off with something like, "A History of Looting and Pillaging".

In fact, it should obvious why the early Americans desired independence from the English. But I guess not.

No wonder people in Texas were angry at conservatives rewriting text books. If you are any example, I can only imagine with horror at what conservatives imagine to be the truth. I know what they think of science, obviously. I know right wing schools are considered some of the worst in the world, except when it comes to law. The do love their lawyers. Which totally makes sense. Considering what they want to do to the 47%. But this idea of "benevolent empires" has never happened.

Your parents accumulated nothing in their lifetime?

this country did not start to become affluent until the 1950's. most white people had mortgages and had to lay away to purchse appliances and furniture.

The 350 year head start you claim is a lie.

The 50's. Under Republican President Eisenhower, the country had a 90% tax rate for the wealthiest Americans. Eisenhower used that money for the Interstate highway system and NASA. It was a time of patriotism.

Republicans today don't believe in science, they shout out "let him die" at presidential debates. They are awful.

Forum List

Back