Arkansas GOP State Rep Thinks Slavery Was Blessing in Disguise for Blacks

womanwhowantstokilliberalswith
SNIPERFIRE

"African blacks sold their own people into slavery."

They were doing gods' work!

Personally I think god was wrong about slavery.
I believe that anyone who engages in the slave trade is bad/evil

Blacks who sold other blacks into slavery were bad
Whites who bought blacks and used them as slaves were bad

But it's easy to forgive Southern Conservative Christians for buying, beating and having sex with nig...(oops) black slaves
since god and the bible are very clear about endorsing, promoting and validating slavery

It's not so easy to forgive Africans for doing it because they didn't have the one true god tellng them it was perfectly ok!

It's RACIST to call conservatives "racist" simply because they think nig... (oops)..BLACKS are lazy, useless, nogood, subhuman criminals.

Since you are a regressive leftist, there is little doubt that you're a racist.

But what you're doing here is just demagoguery, throwing shit.

Another feral baboon unleashed by the shameful democrats.

And I can tell YOU are a conservative!

wikipedia;

The Bible contains several references to slavery. The Bible does not condemn slavery, but in fact supports the regulated practice of it, especially under the Old Testament,[1][2] but also in the New Testament

(Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way.

If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.' If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever. (Exodus 21:2-6 NLT)

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

The problem with contards is they know so much that aint so!

So to recap, you're a lying fucktard and the bible does not condone and promote raping slaves, beating and killing them.

Regressives - lying fucks every time.

Demagoguery is not limtied to the far crazy right but they do excel at it. Wooee are they fun to watch.

SniperFire and Uncensored and Rootweiler, when under the power of the spirit of the father of lies are amazing to watch.

Bfgrn and JoeB are the only far left wacks that can rival them.

"So to recap, you're a lying fucktard and the bible does not condone and promote raping slaves, beating and killing them."

Not swayed by facts, eh?

well....

I'm not surprised....you ARE a conservative, after all.

BTW...you bear false witness when you claim I said that they could KILL slaves...

I NEVER SAID THAT (you made it up in your deranged rage) ((so it's a LIE! you lying fucktard))!

"So to recap, you're a lying fucktard and the bible does not condone and promote raping slaves, beating and killing them."

and I note how quick you are to resort to swears and insults! (and lies!)

My, MY...how conservative you are!

Your mother must be so proud!

The bible endorses, promotes, condones, justifies and validates slavery, beating slaves, selling your daughter INTO slavery, and RAPE! (slave owners having UNCONSENTUAL SEX WITH their PROPERTY)

and you, in your blind and mindless hate, drooling over your keyboard and repeatedly saying "you're a lying fucktard and the bible does not condone and promote raping slaves, beating and killing them."

isn't going to change the truth

Not swayed by facts, eh?

Not familiar with facts, eh?

well....

I'm not surprised....you ARE a conservative, after all.

BTW...you bear false witness when you claim I said that they could KILL slaves...

It would be false witness to claim you are sentient.

I NEVER SAID THAT (you made it up in your deranged rage) ((so it's a LIE! you lying fucktard))!

Tampax?

and I note how quick you are to resort to swears and insults! (and lies!)

You deserve nothing more. You're a demagogue spewing your libel. You are a contemptuous creature and will be treated as such.

My, MY...how conservative you are!

And you are a regressive, spewing hate.

Your mother must be so proud!

No families, fucktard.

The bible endorses, promotes, condones, justifies and validates slavery, beating slaves, selling your daughter INTO slavery, and RAPE! (slave owners having UNCONSENTUAL SEX WITH their PROPERTY)

Bullshit; you hate filled pile of dung.

Show the class that RAPE is condoned, fucktard?

and you, in your blind and mindless hate, drooling over your keyboard and repeatedly saying "you're a lying fucktard and the bible does not condone and promote raping slaves, beating and killing them."

isn't going to change the truth

Truth? From you?

Moron.

What?

Did the tin foil hat crowd all lose their jobs at the same time and decide to show up here ... or something?

And I can tell YOU are a conservative!

wikipedia;

The Bible contains several references to slavery. The Bible does not condemn slavery, but in fact supports the regulated practice of it, especially under the Old Testament,[1][2] but also in the New Testament

(Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way.

http://www.holybible.com/

If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.' If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever. (Exodus 21:2-6 NLT)

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

The problem with contards is they know so much that aint so!

Hey dumbass. The bible also regulates murder and manslaughter, think it "supports" either of those things? God, recognizing man's corrupt and evil nature, made regulations to restrict how men treat the slaves they had. The bible calls for the penatly of death for those who would kidnap a person and sell them into slavery. As for much of the rest of your bs, slavery and indentured servtitude was a common HUMAN practice espcially where prisoners of war were concerned and God merely gave man rules on how to humanely treat these slaves. You heathens should really educate yourselves on the scriptures and study up on a subject prior to running off at the mouth on a topic. I'll start off your education now.

The claim is often made that the Bible approves of slavery, implicating God as its supporter, since rules governing slavery can be found in the both the Old and New Testament. Since virtually everyone agrees that forced, involuntary servitude is morally wrong, how can Christians justify the Bible's apparent support of slavery?

What the Old Testament says about slavery.
First, we must recognize that the Bible does not say God supports slavery. In fact, the slavery described in the Old Testament was quite different from the kind of slavery we think of today - in which people are captured and sold as slaves. According to Old Testament law, anyone caught selling another person into slavery was to be executed:

"He who kidnaps a man, whether he sells him or he is found in his possession, shall surely be put to death." (Exodus 21:16)

So, obviously, slavery during Old Testament times was not what we commonly recognize as slavery, such as that practiced in the 17th century Americas, when Africans were captured and forcibly brought to work on plantations. Unlike our modern government welfare programs, there was no safety-net for ancient Middle Easterners who could not provide a living for themselves. In ancient Israel, people who could not provide for themselves or their families sold them into slavery so they would not die of starvation or exposure. In this way, a person would receive food and housing in exchange for labor.

So, although there are rules about slavery in the Bible, those rules exist to protect the slave. Injuring or killing slaves was punishable - up to death of the offending party.1 Hebrews were commanded not to make their slave work on the Sabbath,2 slander a slave,3 have sex with another man's slave,4 or return an escaped slave.5 A Hebrew was not to enslave his fellow countryman, even if he owed him money, but was to have him work as a hired worker, and he was to be released in 7 years or in the year of jubilee (which occurred every 50 years), whichever came first.6 In fact, the slave owner was encouraged to "pamper his slave".7

What the New Testament says about slaverySince many of the early Christians were slaves to Romans,8 they were encouraged to become free if possible, but not worry about it if not possible.9 The Roman empire practiced involuntary slavery, so rules were established for Christians who were subject to this slavery or held slaves prior to becoming Christians. The rules established for slaves were similar to those established for other Christians with regard to being subject to governing authorities.10 Slaves were told to be obedient to their master and serve them sincerely, as if serving the Lord Himself.11 Paul instructed slaves to serve with honor, so that Christianity would not be looked down upon.12

As with slaves, instructions were given to their masters as to how they were to treat their slaves. For example, they were not to be threatened,13 but treated with justice and fairness.14 The text goes on to explain that this was to be done because God is the Master of all people, and does not show partiality on the basis of social status or position.13, 14

There is an interesting letter in the New Testament (Philemon15-21) that gives some insight into the problems encountered in the early Christian church regarding the issue of slavery. Paul, the author of the letter, is writing from a Roman prison awaiting trial.15 He is writing to Philemon, who runs a local Christian church out of his house16 (since Christianity was highly persecuted at this point in time). Philemon, we find out, is the master of the slave Onesimus, who has escaped but has been converted to Christianity by Paul.18 In the letter, Paul indicates that he is sending Onesimus back to Philemon.19 However, Paul says that he has confidence that Philemon will "do what is proper"17 although Paul wants him to do it by his "own free will".20 Even so, Paul indicates that Onesimus would be a great aid in helping him spread the gospel.19 Paul ends the letter by saying that he has "confidence in your obedience" and indicates that he knows Philemon "will do even more than what I say."21 Although Paul did not directly order Philemon to release Onesimus from slavery, it would have been difficult to come away with any other conclusion from his letter.

God does not distinguish between slaves and freemenContrary to the claims of many skeptics, the New Testament proclaims that all people are equal in the eyes of God - even slaves:

•There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. (Galatians 3:28)
•knowing that whatever good thing each one does, this he will receive back from the Lord, whether slave or free. (Ephesians 6:8)
•And masters, do the same things to them, and give up threatening, knowing that both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no partiality with Him. (Ephesians 6:9)
•a renewal in which there is no distinction between Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave and freeman, but Christ is all, and in all. (Colossians 3:11)
Conclusion The idea that God or Christianity encourages or approves of slavery is shown to be false. In fact, anybody who was caught selling another person into slavery was to be executed. However, since voluntary slavery was widely practiced during biblical times, the Bible proscribes laws to protect the lives and health of slaves. Paul, the author of many of the New Testament writings, virtually ordered the Christian Philemon to release his Christian slave from his service to "do what is proper". In addition, numerous verses from the New Testament show that God values slaves as much as any free person and is not partial to anyone's standing before other people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot your sources, jtpr312 ? I despise a copycat plagiarist. Here:

Slavery in the Bible: Does God Approve of It?
Slavery in the Bible: Does God Approve of It?

by Richard Deem - in 113 Google+ circles - More by Richard Deem
May 18, 2011 – The idea that God or Christianity encourages or approves of slavery is shown to be false. In fact, anybody who was caught selling another person into slavery was to be executed. However, since voluntary slavery was widely ...
Who Wrote the Bible: God or Man? | Growing in the Word
etoddfisher.com/?p=348Apr 19, 2011 – To say that the Scripture is “inspired” means that God is the source .... pless understand i am in no way attacking yours or any ones belief system ... or Christianity encourages or approves of slavery is shown to be false. In fact, anybody who was caught selling another person into slavery was to be executed.
After decade in storage, Washington letter on ... - CNN Belief Blog
religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/23/after.../comment-page-4/May 23, 2012 – The idea that God or Christianity encourages or approves of slavery is shown to be false. In fact, anybody who was caught selling another person into slavery was to be executed. However, since voluntary slavery was widely ...
WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT TATTOOS?
WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT TATTOOS? 8, 2012 – However, the Bible makes it clear that God doesn't approve of these things. In sharing this ..... (Colossians 3:11) Conclusion The idea that God or Christianity encourages or approves of slavery is shown to be false. In fact, anybody who was caught selling another person into slavery was to be executed.
Navigating The Narrow Road: Slavery and Christianity
souzak99.blogspot.com/2011/.../slavery-and-christianity.ht...

by Ken Souza - More by Ken Souza
Nov 11, 2011 – ... made that the Bible approves of slavery, implicating God as its supporter, ... In fact, the slavery described in the Old Testament was quite different ... According to Old Testament law, anyone caught selling another person into slavery ..... Christianity encourages or approves of slavery is shown to be false.
Does leviticus teach slavery is ok? - Yahoo! Answers
answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090209173157AAwP6Xx
19 answers - Feb 5, 2009
Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, … ... The claim is often made that the God of the Bible approves of slavery, since rules governing slavery can be ... or Christianity encourages or approves of slavery is shown to be false. In fact, anybody who was caught selling another person into slavery was ...

Forum List

Back