Arizona Senate Passes Bill Allowing Business Owners To Refuse Service To Gays

As a person of faith it is very disturbing to see those go down the path of so called "Preservation of Religious Freedom Act" proposals.
Even though I am an advocate of religious freedom it pains me to see the Christian faith being used as justification for discrimination. Seeing the words posted here by proponents of these laws are foreign to me and reflect little of the faith that I witness in my Christian faith community. We Christians in these parts are used to welcoming all people, not in spite of their age, race, nationality or sexual orientation, but BECAUSE OF IT, because a diverse community is what the Christian church is called to be.
I do not recognize the faith of those who choose to discriminate against others. It is not Christian. Absent is the humilty I find when I go to a Christian church and gather around together and welcome each other. Absent are recurring themes in the Bible that speak of welcoming, generosity and hospitality. That is what a Christian does. What a strange kind of Christianity to hear that one can not tolerate the presence of another in their midst, that judges others to be inadequate to refuse to serve another. In fact, that is not being a Christian at all as certainly they could never invoke the name of Jesus knowing of his propensity to dine with all sorts of people.
How far removed these prejudiced attempts of discrimination are from the true origins and foundation of Christianity and JESUS. Jesus preferred the company of foreigners and outsiders, the non religious and the so called "sinners" at his table.
Of course I value the religious freedom granted to me by The United States Constitution and proudly.
But I value MORE GREATLY the DIGNITY that God gave to all creation equally.

As a person with a brain, I get a headache reading the drivel that comes out of your keyboard.

The trick is to read only one of the last 3 sentences where the "point" is being made, the rest being only supportive talk of what is not much of a point anyway.
No, Jesus preferred the company of men. :eek: :lol:

As a person of faith it is very disturbing to see those go down the path of so called "Preservation of Religious Freedom Act" proposals.
Even though I am an advocate of religious freedom it pains me to see the Christian faith being used as justification for discrimination. Seeing the words posted here by proponents of these laws are foreign to me and reflect little of the faith that I witness in my Christian faith community. We Christians in these parts are used to welcoming all people, not in spite of their age, race, nationality or sexual orientation, but BECAUSE OF IT, because a diverse community is what the Christian church is called to be.
I do not recognize the faith of those who choose to discriminate against others. It is not Christian. Absent is the humilty I find when I go to a Christian church and gather around together and welcome each other. Absent are recurring themes in the Bible that speak of welcoming, generosity and hospitality. That is what a Christian does. What a strange kind of Christianity to hear that one can not tolerate the presence of another in their midst, that judges others to be inadequate to refuse to serve another. In fact, that is not being a Christian at all as certainly they could never invoke the name of Jesus knowing of his propensity to dine with all sorts of people.
How far removed these prejudiced attempts of discrimination are from the true origins and foundation of Christianity and JESUS. Jesus preferred the company of foreigners and outsiders, the non religious and the so called "sinners" at his table.
Of course I value the religious freedom granted to me by The United States Constitution and proudly.

Then, it is up to you as a Christian to confront those people who corrupt your faith. Standing one the side lines and bitching never works. It is up to you to own your faith and to act out of your faith to defend it.

You are I suspect what my Grand Father (Graduated from the Methodist Seminary in Stuttgart Arkansas in 1922 and preached his last sermon in 1985) used to call a "Christian in the Pew".

It is up to YOU to defend your faith, if you allow by your inaction or by your silence to corrupt your faith you are just as equally equally guilty because you choose to nothing.

No one has corrupted my faith.

The principles of Christianity always remain.

No on is corrupting the "faith". That remains immutable.

Well...with 17 states and the District of Columbia properly recognizing the rights enumerated in the Constitution and allowing gays to legally marry...life must really suck for you.

Good.

Not at all. When 33 states properly recognize the rights enumerated in the Constitution, and DISallow queers from legally marrying (including my home state)...does that make life really suck for you ?

Where does the Constitution "disallow" civil marriage? Oh, it doesn't...you just couldn't figure out how to be clever all on your own. A sad pathetic homophobe. I think they need "It gets worse" videos for old homophobes. :lol:

1. EARTH TO SEAWYTCH: In case you haven't had this REALITY CHECK laid on you lately, 33 states current BAN HOMOSEXUALITY in a whole list of ways (of which SSM is only one of them). Have you been reading the thread ? Click the links and its list of links, and take a good hard look at the maps, and then you can avoid coming in here and talking foolish.

https://www.hrc.org/resources/entry/maps-of-state-laws-policies

2. There is no such thing as a "homophobe". A phobia is an irrational fear. But fear of homosexuality and its campaign to spread to young people to increase its numbers, get more votes, and gain acceptance, is highly threatening to American culture, and thus is a quite rational fear.
Also, falsely using the word PHOBE for agenda purposes, is an offense to those of us who have mentally afflictions of real phobias (I have agoraphobia), and is a despicable form of speech.

Last edited:

Classifications of foreigners, outsiders, and non-religious do not constitute contrary-to-nature, perverse behavior.

You are non Christian if you believe Jesus did not love and dine with gay folks.
We already knew you are a bigot.

Loving and dining with queers is not equal to accepting their perverted lifestyle as normal. As for you calling me a bigot, that simply makes you a laughingstock, since neither you or anyone else in this forum has ever produced as shred of evidence to substantiate that, or even come close to it.
You might want to re-evaluate your use of the B card. :lol:

Not at all. When 33 states properly recognize the rights enumerated in the Constitution, and DISallow queers from legally marrying (including my home state)...does that make life really suck for you ?

Where does the Constitution "disallow" civil marriage? Oh, it doesn't...you just couldn't figure out how to be clever all on your own. A sad pathetic homophobe. I think they need "It gets worse" videos for old homophobes. :lol:

1. EARTH TO SEAWYTCH: In case you haven't had this REALITY CHECK laid on you lately, 33 states current BAN HOMOSEXUALITY in a whole list of ways (of which SSM is only one of them). Have you been reading the thread ? Click the links and its list of links, and take a good hard look at the maps, and then you can avoid coming in here and talking foolish.

2. There is no such thing as a "homophobe". A phobia is an irrational fear. But fear of homosexuality and its campaign to spread to young people to increase its numbers, get more votes, and gain acceptance, is highly threatening to American culture, and thus is a quite rational fear.
Also, falsely using the word PHOBE for agenda purposes, is an offense to those of us who have mentally afflictions of real phobias (I have agoraphobia), and is a despicable form of speech.
The General, a lost soul if ever there was one. Godspeed General...

Note how the normal appear to be lost > to the lost. BTW, thanks for the promotion. :Boom2::alirulz:

Wow...homosexuality has been banned? Stop the presses 'cause you've got new information. Banned you say?

So...I went through all the maps and I couldn't find a one where homosexuality has been outright "banned" here in the United States. Sure, it's been "banned" in other countries but not here. (Countries with higher incidents of HIV too. Odd that)

Do you wonder why I put quotes around "banned"? You can't "ban" something that simply is. It's like banning rain. Good luck.

Your maps also didn't answer my question. Where in the US Constitution is marriage equality disallowed? Oh, that's right...it's not. In fact, the US Constitution keeps getting cited in case after case striking down anti gay marriage laws. In fact...since Windsor, it's like 6-0 dude. That's not winning (duh), that's getting your ass handed to you.

Of course there is. Just because you can't use the dictionary does not change the meaning of the word and you are the dictionary definition of a homophobe.

Classifications of foreigners, outsiders, and non-religious do not constitute contrary-to-nature, perverse behavior.

You are non Christian if you believe Jesus did not love and dine with gay folks.

Loving and dining with queers is not equal to accepting their perverted lifestyle as normal. As for you calling me a bigot, that simply makes you a laughingstock, since neither you or anyone else in this forum has ever produced as shred of evidence to substantiate that, or even come close to it.

You don't understand homophobe or bigot?...'Cause you're definitely both.

in that case you are a heterophobe and a bigot. you are also a majorityphobe because you have an irrational feal of majority opinion. you are also a civilunionphobe because your agenda has nothing to do with equal rights.

Well this is clearly a big win for the Left...

Sometimes it takes extremely severe to happen to get the general public interested in discussing politics. Such as shutting down the government or passing a bigot law like this.

I'm sure that the first time a black store owner turns down a white family for being white there will be outrage and the Right Will say the Left passed this law like they tried with the Government shutdown.. :dig:

They can't even blame religion for this decision. The bible say's "don't cast stones" and "do not judge or be judged".

The first business that makes headlines for turning down someone for being gay or black will see a sudden surge of business from bigots, then it will die a slow, quiet and peaceful death.

Note how the normal appear to be lost > to the lost. BTW, thanks for the promotion. :Boom2::alirulz:
You all no longer normal General. Just Old and Irrational and Fearful.

Last edited:

Sometimes it takes extremely severe to happen to get the general public interested in discussing politics. Such as shutting down the government or passing a bigot law like this.

I'm sure that the first time a black store owner turns down a white family for being white there will be outrage and the Right Will say the Left passed this law like they tried with the Government shutdown.. :dig:

They can't even blame religion for this decision. The bible say's "don't cast stones" and "do not judge or be judged".

The first business that makes headlines for turning down someone for being gay or black will see a sudden surge of business from bigots, then it will die a slow, quiet and peaceful death.

the conservative republican governor vetoed the bill. this is a lot of bullshit about nothing.

but, for the record, if a black business wants to refuse to serve me, I don't care. That is their right. If a gay baker wants to refuse to bake me a cake, I don't care.
if a gay, black shoeshine boy wants to refuse to shine my shoes, I don't care.
If a white car wash guy wants to refuse to wash my car because he doesn't like BMW's, I don't care.

the conservative republican governor vetoed the bill. this is a lot of bullshit about nothing.

but, for the record, if a black business wants to refuse to serve me, I don't care. That is their right. If a gay baker wants to refuse to bake me a cake, I don't care.
if a gay, black shoeshine boy wants to refuse to shine my shoes, I don't care.
If a white car wash guy wants to refuse to wash my car because he doesn't like BMW's, I don't care.
How very anarchist of you. Let us know when a black doctor refuses to save the life of your child and you don't care.

Last edited:

in that case you are a heterophobe and a bigot. you are also a majorityphobe because you have an irrational feal of majority opinion. you are also a civilunionphobe because your agenda has nothing to do with equal rights.

Nope. I don't want to see heterosexuals denied any rights.

You don't hold the majority opinion. The majority opinion is that gays should be allowed to be married.

Fifty percent say the U.S. Constitution's guarantee of equal protection gives gays the right to marry, while 41 percent say it does not.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...37e87e-a3e5-11e3-a5fa-55f0c77bf39c_story.html

Wow...homosexuality has been banned? Stop the presses 'cause you've got new information. Banned you say?

So...I went through all the maps and I couldn't find a one where homosexuality has been outright "banned" here in the United States. Sure, it's been "banned" in other countries but not here. (Countries with higher incidents of HIV too. Odd that)

Do you wonder why I put quotes around "banned"? You can't "ban" something that simply is. It's like banning rain. Good luck.

Your maps also didn't answer my question. Where in the US Constitution is marriage equality disallowed? Oh, that's right...it's not. In fact, the US Constitution keeps getting cited in case after case striking down anti gay marriage laws. In fact...since Windsor, it's like 6-0 dude. That's not winning (duh), that's getting your ass handed to you.

Of course there is. Just because you can't use the dictionary does not change the meaning of the word and you are the dictionary definition of a homophobe.

I'm quite well able to use a dictionary, and I'm well able to ascertain which dictionary to use. Any dictionary that would contain the word "homophobe" and present it as a valid word, isn't worth 10 cents. I still have a dictionary that I used as a kid in high school in 1962. It doesn't have the word homophobe or Islamaphobe or "gay" or any other of these moronic words, created by and accepted by young people, not fully capable of assessing reality or society in real terms. What I said in my previous post stands 100%.

As for all your phony ban and constitutional questions...... YOU KNOW. It's all in the thread. You've seen it.

So you think pretending there are no bans on homosexuality is going to make all those big, bad bans just go away huh, little cookie ? Guess I didn't know I was talking to a 4 year old.

Last edited:
As for all your phony ban and constitutional questions...... YOU KNOW. It's all in the thread. You've seen it.
Times change General, but homophobes like you do not. No need to worry however, the world goes right along, and forward, without you.

In 33 states, the "world" is staying right where it has been all along. If, like seawytch, you find solace in sticking your head in the sand to avoid seeing what's around you, you're entitled to do that. :badgrin:

Times change General, but homophobes like you do not. No need to worry however, the world goes right along, and forward, without you.

In 33 states, the "world" is staying right where it has been all along. If, like seawytch, you find solace in sticking your head in the sand to avoid seeing what's around you, you're entitled to do that. :badgrin:
It used to be 50 General. Do you find comfort in lying to yourself?

Forum List

Back