Arizona Senate Passes Bill Allowing Business Owners To Refuse Service To Gays

Steve_McGarrett

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2013
I think another state passed something similar to this last week so this must be a trend that is catching on. I agree with this bill that if you are a business owner and believe in and live by your faith that you should be able to refuse service to whoever you want.

Arizona Senate: Business owners can cite religion to refuse service to gays

I think another state passed something similar to this last week so this must be a trend that is catching on. I agree with this bill that if you are a business owner and believe in and live by your faith that you should be able to refuse service to whoever you want.

You thread title and the article title are incorrect, the bill allows for a business to refuse service to anyone, which means:

Service can be refused to races

Service can be refused to other religions

Service can be refused to interracial couples

Service can be refused to women (or men)

Service can be refused to divorcees

Service can be refused basically to anyone, not just the gays​

All the person has to do is claim "a sincerely held religious belief", and as the law is written it doesn't even need to be dogma within a major religion - it is the individuals belief. From the law ""Exercise of religion" means the practice or observance of religion, including the ability to act or refusal to act in a manner substantially motivated by a religious belief, whether or not the exercise is compulsory or central to a larger system of religious belief."

Arizona SB1062

>>>>

Last edited:

You thread title and the article title are incorrect, the bill allows for a business to refuse service to anyone, which means:

Service can be refused to races

Service can be refused to other religions

Service can be refused to interracial couples

Service can be refused to women (or men)

Service can be refused to divorcees

Service can be refused basically to anyone, not just the gays​

All the person has to do is claim "a sincerely held religious belief", and as the law is written it doesn't even need to be dogma within a major religion - it is the individuals belief. From the law ""Exercise of religion" means the practice or observance of religion, including the ability to act or refusal to act in a manner substantially motivated by a religious belief, whether or not the exercise is compulsory or central to a larger system of religious belief."

Arizona SB1062

>>>>

This warms the cockles of my heart, it does. And from Arizona. :D

The fact that we even have a law, or debate the legailty of freedom of association is pathetic in a supposedly free country. A business owner, in any state, for any reason, should be allowed to determine who they will provide services to.

But, LOLberals just love the idea of forcing people to do what they believe is right.

I can't wait until it goes to court

Why would it go to court?

it violates the 1964 civil rights act?

No it doesn't. How many restaurants or businesses have you ever been in that had a sign that read "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone!"? I've been in tons of them all over. It should be up to me who I want to serve and who I do not, the making of a profit is on me and only me. America is about freedom, let people choose who they choose to associate with, not forced.

Last edited:
If a liberal doesn't like something it should be illegal for everyone. If they like something, it should be legal for everyone.

As far a the civil rights spin, relationships aren't people. Refusing service to a person is one thing, (which should be your right anyway) but refusing service to a relationship is another. Can a racist make a black bakery owner produce a Rebel Flag cake?

The fact that we even have a law, or debate the legailty of freedom of association is pathetic in a supposedly free country. A business owner, in any state, for any reason, should be allowed to determine who they will provide services to.

But, LOLberals just love the idea of forcing people to do what they believe is right.

You didn't read the Constitution where it says if you are a business liberals have a right to your goods and services?

i think it is in between the right to kill unborn children and the right to have someone else pay for your medical bills.

Why would it go to court?

No it doesn't. How many restaurants or businesses have you ever been in that had a sign that read "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone!"? I've been in tons of them all over. It should be up to me who I want to serve and who I do not, the making of a profit is on me and only me. America is about freedom, let people choose who they choose to associate with, not forced.

You can pretend your business has the right to refuse service to a person of color, but you don't.

It is against the law and that law has been upheld as constitutional.

it is not as cut and dry as you make it sound.

You will have towns in America where blacks will either have to move, travel long distances for goods and services, or die of starvation.

Yes, we are a free people. But "people" must include all of us. If it doesn't, then we will have groups of people that are not free.

You can pretend your business has the right to refuse service to a person of color, but you don't.

Arizona is like our really dumb older brother who keeps getting pinched for the same thing.

State law cannot supersede federal law.

This issue has been decided and put to bed already.

Arizona is like our really dumb older brother who keeps getting pinched for the same thing.

State law cannot supersede federal law.

This issue has been decided and put to bed already.

The same thing could be said fro dozens of laws that people do not agree with or that are entirely draconian. I guess we should shut up abotu it now because it's already been decided.

Corporations are people
The war on drugs is constitutional
congress can defer war authority to a president
targeting americans for assassination is legal

The list is endless. But, don't let that heaping spoonful of hypocrisy keep you from saying such things! It's the default position afterall.

You might also have towns in America where whites can't get services either. Gay bars will finally be able to eject straights. It seems to be nothing more than an expansion of freedom.

You might also have towns in America where whites can't get services either. Gay bars will finally be able to eject straights. It seems to be nothing more than an expansion of freedom.

The op decided to leave out the religion aspect in the headline. Other businesses will service them, it's not about freedom for all to the left. Its about control

Forum List

Back