Arizona rancher sued by illegal aliens ordered to pay $77,804 in damages

I'd still like to know if was actually his property as the link states that the majority of his "property" is leased from the government.

I don't like vigilantes, and unless these people were breaking into his house I'm happy to see him pay for his actions. It also states that 5 of them are awaiting decisions on their Visas, so technically they are not illegal.

People throw trash on my "property"...the swale in front of my house. But that doesn't grant me the right to hold them at gunpoint.

if he was leasing it,he is paying for it and as such was defending what he had out there.....and as far as the 5 you mention,if they "technically" are not illegal,why were they crossing way out there...ILLEGALLY?

if the land was on this side of the imaginary line Agna,and the guy bought and paid for it and has the papers.....ITS HIS LAND.....same with whoever owns the other side.....

Even if there was a legal basis for that, you've said nothing whatsoever as to the ethical nature of private property. Moreover, it's dubious that there is a legal basis for the American ownership of portions of border property, considering that they were acquired in violation of the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo.

Agna .....your beating a dam dead horse......there is a line out there,south of it is a country called MEXICO....north of it is the USA.....whatever happened in 1848,happened,now is now,if the 2 countries haven't worked out that treaty in the ensuing 161 years,i dont think it is going to change.....think about today and tommorow,the past is the past....it happened, its over,live with it.....just be glad you were born here and not there.....

im sure if they were they would be going back to Mexico in body bags....and the guy would not be out that money....to bad for Barnett....

Yeah, I'm sure everyone would be terrified and would never cross the border ever again. :rolleyes:

well those fuckers sure as hell would not be crossing that border ever again....

well those fuckers sure as hell would not be crossing that border ever again....

Yeah. Or they'd be crossing with enough coyotes to turn Barnett's walls into sawdust.

a coyote is not going to get into a gunfight with someone for these people,once he drops them off his job is done.....his job is transporting,which costs these people an arm and a leg....you think they have enough to pay him extra for him to get shot at and possibly killed?...i dont think so....

a coyote is not going to get into a gunfight with someone for these people,once he drops them off his job is done.....his job is transporting,which costs these people an arm and a leg....you think they have enough to pay him extra for him to get shot at and possibly killed?...i dont think so....

A single coyote with a peashooter? I take it you've never headed down to the border before.

A single coyote with a peashooter? I take it you've never headed down to the border before.

Agna...the coyote gets them across the border,his job is done,if some rancher starts shooting at the people he let off on his land...HE IS OUT OF THERE.....he can give a rats ass about them from that point on,he did what he was paid to do....get them across the border.....shit he doesnt even care about them while he is transporting them.....and NO WHERE did i say they are lightly armed.....just that they will not PROTECT these people once he gets them to point B.....if his life is threatned and the only way out for him is to dump these people....THEIR DUMPED wherever he is at.....

Forum List

Back