Violence in knocking on our back door, Protesters block bridges between Mexico, Texas

Wolfmoon

U B U & I'll B Me 4 USA!
Jan 15, 2009
PROUD, USA
Marchers block US border to protest army presence the police use a water cannon to disperse protesters.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090218/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/lt_mexico_violence

Tue Feb 17, 2009

"Protesters block bridges between Mexico, Texas"

Hundreds of Mexican people blocked bridges to the United States in three border cities Tuesday, demanding the Mexican army leave. The protests in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico blocked traffic across three bridges connecting the city to El Paso, Texas. Similar protests broke out on bridges in the border cities of Nuevo Laredo and Reynosa. Border towns have been transformed by the crackdown, with soldiers in ski masks regularly rumbling down the streets in large convoys. Mostly women and children, blocked the Paso del Norte bridge leading from Ciudad Juarez to downtown El Paso, Texas.

In Ciudad Juarez, where three police officers — including the operations director of the city police — were shot to death. Another officer was wounded. Police also found several other bodies apparently killed in separate incidents. In Nuevo Laredo, 150 people blocked three bridges leading to Laredo, Texas. Many were masked men, a gunbattle reached the bridge. The battle took place in Reynosa between federal police and a group of gunmen and soldiers. Five gunmen were killed and seven police officers were wounded. And in the southern state of Guerrero, police said they found the bullet-ridden bodies of two 16-year-old boys who had been reported kidnapped.

Last edited:
There were headlines last week.. "Texas makes plans for when Mexico collapses."

that gives me warm fuzzies!

So let's make sure I've got this...

Mexicans are fighting with their own military, killing each other and blocking access to America...as a protest that they aren't being allowed to illegally enter the US?

We no longer need Polish jokes, folks.

At least they don't make people nauseuous and fearful for their kids, as yours do.

Is there not a tinge of racism into stereotyping all Mexicans into one cohesive unit with identical traits and attributes, with remarks such as "Mexicans are fighting with their own military, killing each other and blocking access to America...as a protest that they aren't being allowed to illegally enter the US"?

Mexican is a nationality, brainiac. And it is Mexicans fighting with their own military, and blocking the bridges...because they're mad they're being prevented from coming into the country illegally.

Or are there Americans, Armenians and Germans who have travelled to Mexico just to fight the Mexican military because they think Mexicans should be allowed to enter the country illegally?

Mexican is a nationality, brainiac. And it is Mexicans fighting with their own military, and blocking the bridges...because they're mad they're being prevented from coming into the country illegally.

Or are there Americans, Armenians and Germans who have travelled to Mexico just to fight the Mexican military because they think Mexicans should be allowed to enter the country illegally?

"Mexican" is a nationality, yet functions as an ethnic term. I could point to you calling "anti-Semitism" (a misnomer) against Jews "racist," and what good would that do anyone? Really, you're such an idiot. "Fighting their won military"? Are the leaders of the military democratically elected by region or municipality?

Oh please. It's not racist if #1, you aren't referring to a race but a FUCKING NATIONALITY, and #2, it isn't even questionable taste if IT'S FUCKING TRUE.

Mexicans, residents of Mexico, are fighting their own fucking military because their own military is preventing them from entering the US illegally. And the form of their protest (besides the gunfire) is to BLOCK FUCKING ENTRANCE INTO THE COUNTRY THEY WANT TO ENTER.

You think it's stupid, talk to them. It's not a sign that I'm racist (what a joke) because I'm commenting on the fact that Mexican citizens are acting like idiots.

Wolfmoon, I thought you already had a thread for this sort of thing?

Hi Agnost, Yer in fine form. Wow, Mexicans and violence go together like hand in glove. It's just what they are, part of that ignoble national character of theirs, I suppose. I know, know. That is vicious little stereo type hatched by hysterical right wing crackpots. Well, except I am neither. I do live with these folks, and I am not seeing the positive wonderful redeeming part that makes it worth the pain and suffering I have dealt with on a personal level. My non English speaking Latino Hispanic "immigrant" neighbors have acted more like negative stereotypes than individuals with a mind and heart, or a conscience, for that matter. Just because some of us notice that, well...gosh. It's our fault? My home owners insurance, as well as my auto insurance rates have gone up...and up...because, all these "immigrants" are peaceful? The insurance company doesn't give a darn what color, culture or the immigration status of the locals, they have a bottom line and it says these folks tend to act like reckless criminals. But you wouldn't know about that stuff, would you? You to busy looking at the silver lining to see the dark cloud. Pollyanna would be proud of you, bucko

Oh please. It's not racist if #1, you aren't referring to a race but a FUCKING NATIONALITY, and #2, it isn't even questionable taste if IT'S FUCKING TRUE.

You're such a fucking idiot and you exhibit your stupidity on essentially every topic that you discuss. "Mexican" is used as a reference to an ethnic group, and the term "racism" is therefore a colloquialism, just as referring to "racism" and "anti-Semitism" when discussing ethnic bigotry against Jews is a colloquialism.

Mexicans, residents of Mexico, are fighting their own fucking military because their own military is preventing them from entering the US illegally. And the form of their protest (besides the gunfire) is to BLOCK FUCKING ENTRANCE INTO THE COUNTRY THEY WANT TO ENTER.

You think it's stupid, talk to them. It's not a sign that I'm racist (what a joke) because I'm commenting on the fact that Mexican citizens are acting like idiots.

"Their own military" bullshit again...did they elect or appoint the military? Do they even care what nation-state the military represents? There is a high level of displeasure with military actions among the Mexican working class, as evidenced by the revolt of the Zapatista Army of National Liberation. Indeed, large migration patterns from Mexico would be nonexistent if not for the trade liberalization that destabilized the Mexican working class.

Do you know anything whatsoever about Mexico or Mexicans? Have you ever been through the country? Apparently not.

Gosh, if Mexican is only an ethnicity, what are the citizens of Mexico called?

And my understanding is they're fighting the MEXICAN military, which, if they are citizens of Mexico, makes it "their" military, because THEIR military is preventing MEXICANS from entering the US illegally.

Okay, so Mexicans are fighting the Mexican military because the military is preventing them from entering the US illegally.....

And their chosen form of protest is..(this is brilliant, I can see why it appeals to you so).....PREVENT MEXICANS FROM ENTERING THE COUNTRY.

Great, this is pure comedic gold. It should be a Saturday Night Live skit.

I'll ask my Hispanic daughter in law if she thinks it's idiotic and get back to you.

Last edited:
Looks to me like, the Mexican are racist against Mexicans in Mexico.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090218/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/lt_mexico_violence

"Human rights activists say there are legitimate complaints about abuses by soldiers, including cases in which patrols allegedly opened fire on civilians at military checkpoints."

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Narcists Nostrils", should put her Cans back in her shirt and STUFF IT! Those things sure grew in the last couple of weeks. I didn't know Walmart sold implants.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back