Are you right with christ?

Shattered said:
Get a calling card and call from a payphone. Anonymously. You don't want to be held responsible for putting some farmer out of work...

True. Especially with the recent protests. I don't want to get run over by a tractor.

On the other hand, I wonder how one gets in with the Corn Mafia, Mama needs new sandles.

I'll ask one and get back to you! I buy my corn legitimately, tho.. From the Farmers Market downtown...so I don't know if they'll trust me.

Said1 said:
Thanks. You always know what to say.

as the farmer's daughter said to the door to door salesman.........is that a cob of corn in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

Ahem. This whole anti-Christ business is propagated in an effort to instill fear in those who are naive and ignorant enough to be frightened at the prospect of being skeptical and/or analyzing the religion they were born into. Christ is supposed to be the most forgiving, loving, understanding, and wise person on the face of the planet for all time, correct? God is not meant to punish, or terrify, or anything of that nature. We are supposed to have our own personal relationships with God, be as pure as possible, but without being self-righteous. Thus, the whole Holier-than-thou attitude is un-Christian. The "fight against the anti-Christ" is a form of self-righteousness. So guess what, everyone...that's not supposed to happen.

Carla Abdo said:
Ahem. This whole anti-Christ business is propagated in an effort to instill fear in those who are naive and ignorant enough to be frightened at the prospect of being skeptical and/or analyzing the religion they were born into. Christ is supposed to be the most forgiving, loving, understanding, and wise person on the face of the planet for all time, correct? God is not meant to punish, or terrify, or anything of that nature. We are supposed to have our own personal relationships with God, be as pure as possible, but without being self-righteous. Thus, the whole Holier-than-thou attitude is un-Christian. The "fight against the anti-Christ" is a form of self-righteousness. So guess what, everyone...that's not supposed to happen.

No. It's actual christianity.

Shattered said:
Oh! We just call that "sweet corn", and then charge slightly more for it, but you can buy it on damn near every corner in your average hick town..typically off the back of a truck. 6 or 10 ears for $1.00. But it grills really well...
Do that in Ohio, too, but the price is slightly higher... $3/dozen ears. And you can grab ya some 'maters and melons while you're at it. :D

Carla Abdo said:
Ahem. This whole anti-Christ business is propagated in an effort to instill fear in those who are naive and ignorant enough to be frightened at the prospect of being skeptical and/or analyzing the religion they were born into.
True, some people do use it for this. But, it IS Biblical. There will be an AntiChrist.
Christ is supposed to be the most forgiving, loving, understanding, and wise person on the face of the planet for all time, correct? God is not meant to punish, or terrify, or anything of that nature.
The first half is absolutely true, but the second half is somewhat false. God WILL punish those who pervert His ways, and, because of His very nature, He IS terrifying. "Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." Don't fear men, who can only destroy the body; fear God who can destroy both body and soul. God is good, but He is also just.
We are supposed to have our own personal relationships with God, be as pure as possible, but without being self-righteous. Thus, the whole Holier-than-thou attitude is un-Christian. The "fight against the anti-Christ" is a form of self-righteousness. So guess what, everyone...that's not supposed to happen.
I don't think it is a form of self-righteousness. It may be just whistle-blowing. Or it may be a way to keep a grasp on self-control. If someone focuses on fighting the Antichrist, he keeps his focus turned from self-surrender. The personal relationship with God is the ONLY thing in life. Everything else stems from this. But that is an incredibly scary thing to do. Focusing on the Antichrist and end times prophecies may be a way of dealing with the fear of surrendering one's will totally to God.

rtwngAvngr said:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=ecumenical+movement&btnG=Search

there's a ton on it.

It's unity within christianity first and then all religions, eventually.
Yeah, but J:
"Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace." (Ephesians 4:3)

I don't think that interfaith initiatives are wrong. Certainly those who blend and compromise their convictions are in the wrong. However, organizations like the Promise Keepers, that promote unity and peace between denominations are simply following the many Biblical exhortations to put aside argument and discord and to live in peace and harmony with fellow Christians.

mom4 said:
Yeah, but J:
"Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace." (Ephesians 4:3)

I don't think that interfaith initiatives are wrong. Certainly those who blend and compromise their convictions are in the wrong. However, organizations like the Promise Keepers, that promote unity and peace between denominations are simply following the many Biblical exhortations to put aside argument and discord and to live in peace and harmony with fellow Christians.

It's just where one draws the line. Do you put aside major theological points in the name of getting along? Most of these movements go too far, I think.

A christian does not believe in other paths to god besides jesus. This kind of "claim of exclusivity" is considered "wrong" in many of these "go along to get along" clubs.

And there IS a distinction between believing your religion is the only way, AND using violence to forcefully convert others to that same viewpoint. This distinction gets blurred by those trying to convince christians they're "just as bad as jihadis" if they only believe in christ.

Forum List

Back