Are You A Team Player?

Are You a Team Player?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Depends on what it is. (Please Specify)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
Depends on the task

explain - in what situation would you prefer to work as a team? or, not?

e.g. sports. do you prefer team sports?
work. do you prefer team projects?
Cooking I work alone.

Music I am a solo artist.

When I played football team was ok I suppose but I was more involved with developing my skill.

Team is ok until someone plays dirty or is self serving then int gets mucky.

What kind of music? Singing? Instrument? Writer?
all I write my own material and cover others of course, Sing yes and play several instruments including guitar, violin, cello , keys etc

What's the best piece of music you have ever written or performed. Are you willing to "share"?
OMG not here. I have written some classic pieces.

Depends on the task

Cooking I work alone.

When I played football team was ok I suppose but I was more involved with developing my skill.

I can't do anything as a team (unless, like Tilly, I am in charge)

I can't STAND to let people down.
I can't STAND when other people let me down

poses large problems in a team environment!
Part of being a team is playing off of one another strengths while accepting weaknesses. It is complex and time consuming to learn each other. I am always moving and do not have that time or desire..

Sometimes you naturally "mesh" with someone. That's hard enough.
Finding a group that "meshes" - even harder, but like marriages, involves change and compromise
Cannot agree more and life is too damn short

Cooking I work alone.

all I write my own material and cover others of course, Sing yes and play several instruments including guitar, violin, cello , keys etc

What's the best piece of music you have ever written or performed. Are you willing to "share"?

Classic meaning classical, or classic meaning "well known"?

Cooking I work alone.

Classical in structure and execution

Funny to watch corporate HR people assess performance.

They talk about "teams" and being a "team player" but then set economic standards that have to be met.

For example, a sales force where the (now mostly discredited) firing of the lowest 10% at review time is policy. But then they expect each sales person to share with all others the things they have learned to do that boosts sales.

Didn't take me long to learn, in that environment, that any new technique that improves sales must NEVER be shared with anyone. So one loses a bit of "team player" points but tops out on overall performance and keeps the job.

Funny to watch corporate HR people assess performance.

They talk about "teams" and being a "team player" but then set economic standards that have to be met.

For example, a sales force where the (now mostly discredited) firing of the lowest 10% at review time is policy. But then they expect each sales person to share with all others the things they have learned to do that boosts sales.

Didn't take me long to learn, in that environment, that any new technique that improves sales must NEVER be shared with anyone. So one loses a bit of "team player" points but tops out on overall performance and keeps the job.

That depends too, if you have a cut out territory for yourself in sales. I mean, there will be some overlap, but, if you are assigned an "area" then, the sharing of sales tips/techniques is good for the whole.

people never want to talk to me
but strangers will always ask me questions

Classical in structure and execution
How wonderful.

people never want to talk to me
but strangers will always ask me questions

It's mostly the lovely ladies that fawn all over me.

Yeah? Where does this happen?

Everywhere I go. It all began when I was just a baby. The ladies would all exclaim as to what a pretty baby I was. It had plagued me all throughout my life. Some of them have no shame at all.

does JakeStarkey realize he has competition on this board...?

For the most part I do well with others. When I think of something that I have to do on my own, I will let you know what it is. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back